Looking for serious suggestions

90 Human Rogue
Went cataclysm came out I went ahead and got a 6-month subscription, because I figured if I was going to buy the game I would be playing it for at least 6 months. Well, unfortunately right after my 6 month sub got auto-renewed, I became extremely bored with the game and haven't played since. Now my sub is going to run out at the end of the month, and I pretty much never see myself returning to playing this game again.

But before I go, I think it would be best to disperse my modest wealth back amongst the population of Duskwood. During my many many hours of playtime, I managed to accumulate somewhere close to 250k gold split between horde and alliance factions. As I feel it would be a shame to let this sum disappear into the digital wasteland, I am looking for some suggestions as to what the best way to bring my account termination to a final closure should be. Please keep in mind that I have no desire to play this game again or be logged in for any significant period of time, so the method of disbursement should be relatively quick and uninvolved (which rules out anything in the vein of a rewarded tournament).

Thanks for you time everyone, and thanks for making my play time on Duskwood all the more enjoyable.

In case some of you didn't play or lived in a cave during WotLK and don't know who Tenken was, some of my other characters I played more during Cata include Trivialized, Datagram, Tothecloud, and most recently Trivialmage. I never raided during Cata, though, so I doubt anyone knows those toons very well.
Edited by Tenken on 10/9/2011 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Donate it to the Make-ôblivion-rich foundation. Every year, thousands of little warlocks around the world die to untreatable forms of ruptures, ambushes, or mortal strikes. But none of these other warlocks matter because they are not me. Be kind, donate to your favorite warlock, me, Oblivion. Help me get my cash flow above 1k g across all characters, because no one (referring to myself of course) should ever have to live below poverty level in a game. Do it for the children (also me again).
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Donate it to the Make-Zeph-rich foundation. Every year, thousands of little warriors around the world die to untreatable forms of frostbolts, ambushes, or ferocious bites. But none of these other warriors matter because they are not me. Be kind, donate to your favorite war, me, Zeph. Help me get my cash flow above 1k g across all characters, because no one (referring to myself of course) should ever have to live below poverty level in a game. Do it for the children (also me again).

fixed.
Edited by Zephiryth on 10/9/2011 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Donate it to this is pvp(maikopl) and help us enchant and gem our gear as we are the poor since pvp doesnt give us any kind of gold rewards! 50k would do it!:p
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
10/10/2011 12:36 AMPosted by Maikopl
Donate it to this is pvp(maikopl) and help us enchant and gem our gear as we are the poor since pvp doesnt give us any kind of gold rewards! 50k would do it!:p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
put together a transmog contest.

1st prize 100k
2nd prize 50k
3rd 25k

etc (prize amounts can vary)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'll give you a few ideas.

Find a small family orientated guild on either Alliance or Horde and donate the gold to their respective banks. There are a lot of guilds like these out there who don't progress much and can't really provide thing like ample repair funds or materials for crafted pieces. These guilds are filled with players who enjoy the game as it is, not hardcore progressing, simply socializing and having fun with friends. A donation of the likes you are offering would be huge to them and really could be a shot in the arm to help them grow.

Provide high lv enchants or epic quality items for NEW players. I ave on occasion done this by providing rare enchants like Fiery or Crusader to new players to the game and they really appreciate the gesture. It can provide them with a really good first impression of the game early on that can carry them all throughout their wow "career".

In relation to the previous suggestion but requires a lot more effort. Start a new low lv horde or alliance toon and lv it up via questing. Search out for those "new" players again. No heirlooms, new to the game, honest players. Find out what kind of people they are and if they are to your liking provide them with a full set of lv 85 gear int he mail for them to use once they lv cap. This can serve as an incentive for them to continue playing the game until they reach lv cap knowing there is a reward in their bags ready to be used. This requires a lot more effort on your part to pull off but could provide the most rewards to the most deserving players.
Edited by Tiesha on 10/10/2011 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
What is a transmog contest?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
One of the newest ideas by blizzard is transmog which lets you put any old gear on in some "dress-up" slots that cover up your ugly armor for armor you enjoy (old tier gear for example).

The contest would be reliant on if 4.3 drops before your subscription, though. So the best bet for you to do is to hold some sort of tournament or donate it to people you know.

Sucks to see a familiar name leave, but I can understand if the game is boring. Hope the decision to donate doesn't bite you in the butt if you decide to return someday down the line.

Peace.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yeah. My subscription expires Oct 29. Not sure when patch 4.3 is dropping, but unless it's in the next week or two it sounds like that won't be a possibility.

And as much fun as this game has been for the past 6 years, I can't see myself renewing my subscription again. And actually having no gold will be a good deterrent from renewing again.
Not that gold is hard to make. All I did to get what I have now is transmute gems on 4 transmute mastery toons for ~400g / day with about 10 minutes of "work". I don't know if that's still applicable these days, but having a bunch of transmute mastery alch's and a JC really puts cash in the bank.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Have a big battle in the Gurubashi Arena. Whoever loots the chest wins it. I can guarantee we can get more people there then when we did this for 10k a week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/10/2011 02:24 PMPosted by Remain
Have a big battle in the Gurubashi Arena. Whoever loots the chest wins it. I can guarantee we can get more people there then when we did this for 10k a week.

I like this idea. Keep em coming though.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

Eh, the gold would just go to some Shai Hulud person who will use it to buy another mount to sit on in Org or something lol. But it would be a quick and easy gold dump, I spose.

Oh wait - I forgot the last brawl went to someone on ally side, didn't it? Hmm. Might be an interesting match now that a lot of the toons that actually PvP went Alliance. I wouldn't give up all the gold on one brawl, though.
Edited by Disturbia on 10/10/2011 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
10/10/2011 02:39 PMPosted by Disturbia

Eh, the gold would just go to some Shai Hulud person who will use it to buy another mount to sit on in Org or something lol. But it would be a quick and easy gold dump, I spose.

Oh wait - I forgot the last brawl went to someone on ally side, didn't it? Hmm. Might be an interesting match now that a lot of the toons that actually PvP went Alliance. I wouldn't give up all the gold on one brawl, though.

They were pretty even, we had something like 5 different battles. Shai only won one of them, I know alliance won the first one. They were a ton of fun, and really chaotic.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Ohhh yeah that's right I didn't see the first one. I saw the one where Pumpkin won. LOL there's a youtube vid of it somewhere. All I remember is getting roflstomped in a group with one other person and giving up to watch about 5 mins in.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
ARENA TOURNAMENT WITH WARGAMES 3v3, best teams wins all!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
You know what would be really cool is to see which faction can control the other's main auction house (the main houses in Stormwind and Org) the longest. Do it over a weekend maybe, like Friday one faction goes and then Saturday the other. Idk, just throwing ideas out there. But man that would be fun and would really involve a lot of people's participation.

Umm. I'm dumb. I didn't think about how to divvy up the prize money LMAO. Never said I wasn't an airhead. Still... that would be a lot of fun... I remember going into SW with Mguy and Ms. Pumpkin and some others and taking over the old SW AH. Fun times.
Edited by Disturbia on 10/10/2011 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
10/10/2011 02:53 PMPosted by Maikopl
ARENA TOURNAMENT WITH WARGAMES 3v3, best teams wins all!

Way less fun than complete chaos in a world pvp scenerio.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
10/10/2011 02:55 PMPosted by Disturbia
You know what would be really cool is to see which faction can control the other's main auction house (the main houses in Stormwind and Org) the longest. Do it over a weekend maybe, like Friday one faction goes and then Saturday the other. Idk, just throwing ideas out there. But man that would be fun and would really involve a lot of people's participation.

Issue with this is it would be fun the first hour or two (we used to do this all the time) then it just gets boring from sitting there and waiting for the other faction to attack you.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Yeah I remember. The one time I went, there were only about 8 of us and we did get taken down eventually. You're too fast for me tho lol, I was editing my post cause I didn't even think about how to hand out the prize for something like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]