Using Aggra's Voice Actress for Tyrande

90 Human Warlock
^makes no sense.
41 Gnome Priest
10/11/2011 11:57 AMPosted by Lilnova
This proves the theory that night elves evolve from trolls.

There was no proof needed since it was already confirmed months ago in their discontinued magazine.

It makes no sense. Tyrande didn't grow up in a troll society, she grew up in a night elf society (a long time after they evolved) with Malfurion and Illidan who don't have this accent (neither do any of the other night elves), she should sound more like Azshara if anything. You don't just magically acquire accents for absolutely no reason, it doesn't work like that.

This voice is out of character (and inappropriate for the race) and it shows a lack of quality in Blizzards and the VAs work to make her sound exactly like Aggra.
Edited by Healstime on 10/11/2011 12:09 PM PDT
85 Tauren Warrior
Blizzard, you've got some 'splaining to do!
58 Worgen Warlock
I vote they hire Ellen McLain to voice many female characters.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
You know what's hilarious is that Tyrande's VA is the original VA she had during WC:3. Really, it's just a matter of her VA doing the Troll voices for so long she probably forgot how the original voice for Tyrande sounded like. That or she's going for something new.

Given the voice for Azshara it's supposed to represent a difference of worlds between the two. Azshara's is all vain, refined, and elegant while Tyrande just sounds like a local peasant.
87 Gnome Warrior
wow thats awful.

Its like theyre doing everything wrong on purpose.

Just like they ruined alexstrasza's once awesome voice.

Alexstrasza never had a good voice. If anything, the new Grandma voice she has in Cata suits her well.
90 Draenei Paladin
What was the director telling the voice actress?

"I know it's been awhile since you've done Tyrande. Just think Aggra with slightly less testosterone."
85 Troll Mage
Oh god no, she should have a goddess' voice! What the hell Blizzard!? Hire someone else..You have the money.
10/11/2011 12:56 PMPosted by Glintash
Oh god no, she should have a goddess' voice! What the hell Blizzard!? Hire someone else..You have the money.
Hire someone else... this was the same woman who voiced her during WC:3.
85 Draenei Hunter
I'm fine with the voice actor.

However, I would prefer that she either drops the accent, or that Malfurion, Illidan and the other kaldorei have a similar accent.
85 Draenei Hunter
10/11/2011 12:56 PMPosted by Glintash

Hear the goddess' voice. Not have a goddess' voice. :P

However, I would prefer that she either drops the accent, or that Malfurion, Illidan and the other kaldorei have a similar accent.
Twins fighting over the girl with a sexy foreign accent. How nice.
85 Draenei Hunter

Nono, you misunderstood.
Either change is so no-one has an out of place accent, or make it so everyone use the accent.

Unless they can explain it in the lore why Tyrande alone has a strange accent.

[silly mode on!]
Maybe she was raised by trolls after her parents were killed when she was just a baby.
Trolls found her and raised her, but a moon-shaped birthmark on her left butt-cheek and melodious whispers filled with moonlight in her head made her go and search for her own people when she was six or so.
She found the kaldorei and grew up with Malfurion and Illidan, but retained her troll accent until she was 2000-3000 years old of so.
[silly mode off!]
Edited by Jeluune on 10/11/2011 1:22 PM PDT

Nono, you misunderstood.
Either change is so no-one has an out of place accent, or make it so everyone use the accent.

Unless they can explain it in the lore why Tyrande alone has a strange accent.

[silly mode on!]
Maybe she was raised by trolls after her parents were killed when she was just a baby.
Trolls found her and raised her, but a moon-shaped birthmark on her left butt-cheek and melodious whispers filled with moonlight made her go and search for her own people when she was six or so.
She found the kaldorei and grew up with Malfurion and Illidan, but retained her troll accet until she was 2000-3000 years old of so.
[silly mode off!]
Was just messing. Yeah it's a bit of an odd drop for her alone to have it so I agree.
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/11/2011 12:58 PMPosted by Zeril
Hire someone else... this was the same woman who voiced her during WC:3.

Same woman or not, she did not perform the character's voice appropriately. If she cannot do the job anymore, then someone else needs to take over.
90 Draenei Paladin
And the quality keeps sinking, an iconic Alliance character hailing from the days of the RTS games stuck with the voice of a troll.

Just go the lazy and cheap way and take out her voice acting altogether and just let it be text, like Al'Akir the freaking Lord of Air and a raid boss was, would be far better then having to listen to that Aggra clone.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 10/11/2011 1:31 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
10/11/2011 12:58 PMPosted by Zeril
this was the same woman who voiced her during WC:3.

Prove it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]