Using Aggra's Voice Actress for Tyrande

100 Human Warlock
10/10/2011 04:28 AMPosted by Infamouss
MAKE IT STOP, SHES BUTCHERING TYRANDE!

Oh it can't really be that ba-- AAAAHHHHHHHHH

OH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS SACRED, MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

I-is... is she trying to make her sound... Asian? There is defiantly a heavy eastern accent of some kind in there...

I'm going to be as brutally honest as I can... this is terrible. If this is what they can pass off as 'voice acting' WoW will have to be played on mute.

(Stolen from the video's comments:)

llidan! Illidan! Illidan! Illidan! Illidan! Illidan! Illidan! Save me, Illidan! Save me! Illidan! No, fight it, Illidan! Don't do it! Illidan! Illidan! Illidan! Illidan! Illidan! I love you, Illidan. I will give you your family, Illidan! Illidan! Illidan! Illidan! Illidan! What is in that vial, ILLIDAN?! ILLLLLIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAN?!
100 Tauren Paladin
I just have to laugh. Who rubber-stamped this? Metzen?

Chris. Please. Don't do this. Warcraft 3 laid an excellent groundwork for some things. They need to remain sacrosanct, inviolate. This is not something that should be changed or 'improved.'

Need I remind you that Lucas continues to 'improve' Star Wars. Yeah.
100 Tauren Paladin
MALFURION MALFURION MALFURION
or is it
ILLIDAN ILLIDAN ILLIDAN
?

Wrong. It's GO'EL GO'EL GO'EL

Or GO'EL ILLIDAN GO'EL ILLIDAN GO'EL GO'EL GO'EL ILLIDAN GO'EL, etc. Someone should actually remix this. Get Mr. Voletron in here. Maybe add some dubstep.
85 Human Paladin
I really don't care if that is the "original" voice actor of Tyrande, she sounds absolutely terrible.
85 Gnome Mage
My reaction when I heard her new voice, O.O.

That honestly CAN'T be the same person, bloody hell.
36 Worgen Warlock
Wha, why did they give her an Indian accent?
85 Blood Elf Warrior
That sounds terrible - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ5Da77pcBY&feature=channel_video_title

I've never heard a night elf with that kind of accent, someone shouldn't get a pay raise this year.
85 Tauren Paladin
10/12/2011 08:39 AMPosted by Ariance
Wha, why did they give her an Indian accent?

At least there's some consistency.

In Warcraft III, it seemed like the actress couldn't decide what exotic accent Tyrande was going to have, so she just kind of used all of them, sometimes.
90 Draenei Hunter
WOW is starting to suffer from Oblivion-itis. You cannot recycle the same voice actor for every single line of dialog.

It's painfully obvious that it's the same voice as Aggra, and even if it is the same person that did Tyrande in WC3, it seems like she's forgotten how to get into the groove of that voice or even get it to distinguish properly.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Oh god...

I don't really like Aggra all that much, but I could just grit my teeth and deal with her obnoxious voice because at least she was the only one who sounded that annoying and retarded.

This new voice sounds NOTHING like I've ever heard any other Night Elf talk like in this game. Nothing. The accent is awful and all I can hear is Aggra.

I swear, it seems Aggra got a Faction Change and someone pushed Tyrande off the top of Teldrassil.
36 Worgen Warlock
Oh god...

I don't really like Aggra all that much, but I could just grit my teeth and deal with her obnoxious voice because at least she was the only one who sounded that annoying and retarded.

This new voice sounds NOTHING like I've ever heard any other Night Elf talk like in this game. Nothing. The accent is awful and all I can hear is Aggra.

I swear, it seems Aggra got a Faction Change and someone pushed Tyrande off the top of Teldrassil.
That is the only thing I could possibly justify having this voice for.
53 Human Rogue
Ugh.. I could voice a better Tyrande. And I tend to sound like the little chibi girls in anime. xD
100 Night Elf Priest
The old voice was classical and had a dark, feline quality to it. The new style is heavy and clunky. It would work for a dragon aspect, not for the priestess of the moon. I'd be curious to know why the designers chose to go this way.
100 Draenei Shaman
Wow this is bad (and I like Aggra's voice acting).

Metzen himself could have done a better Tyrande.
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's a VOICE CHANGE. Get over it! In six months you won't even care.

Still disappointed in Sylvanas' voice. It's been, what, years now? Every time I hear Sylvanas talk I just go "Her voice could've been so much better :( "

This really needs fixed. It's just as important as any model change that Azshara needed.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/12/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Schrei
It's a VOICE CHANGE. Get over it! In six months you won't even care.

Still disappointed in Sylvanas' voice. It's been, what, years now? Every time I hear Sylvanas talk I just go "Her voice could've been so much better :( "

Ha. I thought it was just me... hell I STILL hear Illidan in BT RP gear runs and go "Why does he sound like a B-movie vampire/snake -_-"
Community Manager
Just to clarify, I've gotten confirmation that the actor being used for Tyrande is the same as was used in WarCraft III (and since). It's also important to note that context for how she sounds is key (or the perception thereof) in relation to the various situations she's in and worth keeping in mind as well.

That said, we are always open to feedback provided that it is kept constructive.
85 Draenei Paladin
Just to clarify, I've gotten confirmation that the actor being used for Tyrande is the same as was used in WarCraft III (and since). It's also important to note that context for how she sounds is key (or the perception thereof) in relation to the various situations she's in and worth keeping in mind as well.

That said, we are always open to feedback provided that it is kept constructive.

"Tyrande the Troll" Story Forums There is lot of constructive discussion within that thread to tap into.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3341754637

Tyrande's WC:3 voice - Note the steadiness and lack of accent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm7eBcT9pro#t=0m30s

Compare with 4.3 Sound Files:
(Mild spoilers, though uninterpretable out of context)

Tyrande's Voice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ5Da77pcBY

Azshara's Voice for Well of Eternity
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4076j-K04HE

Not only does Tyrande sound different from herself, she sounds old and outlandish compared to Azshara. As many have pointed out, she dangerously overlaps Aggra and Troll accents as well.

Thoughts:
We know creative development has listened, with the rectifying of Azshara's appropriate eye/hair colors.

Many of us just want to see Tyrande get the reemergence she deserves. She was an enchanting and empowered character from WC:3, many of us want to convey that to new audiences who've not yet been properly introduced.

The potential down the line for fandom is unlimited, if done properly.

((Sorry for tailing you on the forums today little Candle, I don't mean to startle! ))
Edited by Clovyn on 10/12/2011 2:19 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin

Less troll, more night elf/wc3.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]