Using Aggra's Voice Actress for Tyrande

90 Gnome Warlock
10/12/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Nethaera
It's also important to note that context for how she sounds is key (or the perception thereof) in relation to the various situations she's in and worth keeping in mind as well.

There's no context in which Tyrande should sound like she was raised by a tribe of trolls.
90 Worgen Druid
Just to clarify, I've gotten confirmation that the actor being used for Tyrande is the same as was used in WarCraft III (and since). It's also important to note that context for how she sounds is key (or the perception thereof) in relation to the various situations she's in and worth keeping in mind as well.

That said, we are always open to feedback provided that it is kept constructive.

Okay, with that said tell her to redo it and this time do it right. None of this Troll sounding crap. We want to hear Tyrande's voice from Tyrande, not a Troll voodoo queen.
100 Human Paladin
10/12/2011 12:51 PMPosted by Bomdanil
It's also important to note that context for how she sounds is key (or the perception thereof) in relation to the various situations she's in and worth keeping in mind as well.

There's no context in which Tyrande should sound like she was raised by a tribe of trolls.

This, this is the main point

We're glad you're using the same voice actress, but Tyrande doesnt sound like a troll
85 Human Paladin
Does this mean they are Going to "RETCON" the Whole Nightelf Accents?!?!?!?!?!

Is Malfurion Going to be Re voiced by Fabio?

even Illidan?

"Vyo Arez not Prepayde!!!!!"

;D
85 Night Elf Rogue
I think Tyrande's trolling us.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Patch 4.3
Tyrande is now Jamaican

rofl. All she's missing now is the dreads & small tusks.
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/12/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Nethaera
That said, we are always open to feedback provided that it is kept constructive.

She sounds like a Troll, context isn't going to change pronunciation, Night Elves do not replace "the" with "da".

You guys have had that poor lady doing Troll voices for too long, have her listen to some of her WC3 work and redo it.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssseeeeeee.

/constructive
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Just to clarify, I've gotten confirmation that the actor being used for Tyrande is the same as was used in WarCraft III (and since). It's also important to note that context for how she sounds is key (or the perception thereof) in relation to the various situations she's in and worth keeping in mind as well.

The accent does not seem conducive to the character as she is currently understood by the playerbase, from WC3.

to elaborate, why does she have the troll accent? Things out of context are not often explained easily when the information being requested is something that is intended to be kept a secret. That she has this accent is not so troubling as to the lore; it seems she did this with too much of a troll accent.

Night Elf sound files in game for the various characters and leaders all seem to be a clean, non-troll language. The odd thing is that if Night Elves are going to be made into more troll-like people as a race, what happened to my warrior women of doom from WC3? That's the race I wanted to play as, not an offshoot troll.

Her work as a voice actress is amazing, as evidenced by the range she has displayed when comparing between the two sound file sets (WC3, WoW 4.3 5 mans). My personal issue is as stated; I did not sign on to play a troll, when playing a Night Elf.
90 Pandaren Rogue
I bet her Grandpa taught her how to Troll.
41 Gnome Priest

She should sound more like a night elf. There is no reason someone should have an extremely out of place accent when they grow up around people who don't sound close to that. Malfurion/Illidan/Azshara sound like night elves, but Tyrande (who grew up around them without troll/orc language influence) sounds completely different and has an extremely out of place accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm7eBcT9pro

That is what she sounded like in WC3, there wasn't really a reason to give her a heavily saturated and very out of place accent for no real reason. You don't just pick up foreign accents magically when you don't have that sound influence around you.

You guys did an excellent job voicing Azshara, please rethink how you are voicing Tyrande and give her an appropriate voice. She grew up in a night elf society, she needs a night elf voice because no other night elf has this accent.
Edited by Healstime on 10/12/2011 1:10 PM PDT
91 Worgen Druid

By context are you saying that since it's taking place 10,000 years ago that Tyrande had an accent back then? I suppose it's possible. Night Elves did come from Trolls (theoretically!). But I would imagine that that new speech with proper enunciation is one of the things that set them apart from the Trolls.

Or, seeing as how back then all Elves were one race and they all spoke some derivative of Thalassian I would assume, Common had yet to be created, so she has an accent...? Maybe?

Maybe I'm just over thinking this...

But back on context, I would think that keeping her the exact same 10,000 years ago as she is today would help reinforce the longevity (back then immortality) of Night Elves and their civilization.
Edited by Lobolicious on 10/12/2011 1:10 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]