Blizzard, you've crossed the line

85 Draenei Priest
Question, considering that pets could be given via Battle.Net, what exacly prevented people to ask in G-Chat (or vent) ''Hey, I know you collect pet and I need gold'' ?

Did it changed anything in game ?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
TCG Loot card mounts like the Spectral Tiger have been BoE for a long time now (since patch 3.2), and that was and continues to be well-received, and as far as we've been able to tell hasn't had any adverse impact to the game or economy - despite them selling for sometimes astronomical amounts of gold.

It’s potentially worth noting that no new gold is being introduced into the game's economy with those mounts or the new Guardian Cub pet.

Our goal with the Guardian Cub is to provide alternative ways for players who don't want to spend real money to add these pets to their collection. Even though this has been available a while now with the TCG mounts, this is obviously a new kind of way to deliver Pet Store pets, and we're definitely interested to hear your feedback and ultimately see how this will play out.

Introduce a PLEX-like system into WoW. I would actually keep playing if this was done.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Bashiok, since you seem to be reading this thread, I'll post this here.

I've seen what "unlimited supplies of a purchasable ingame item" does to a game economy.

I was on GaiaOnline when they switched their policy of "Two Donation Items" (rare, like the TCG items) to "Infinite Donation Items" (as this pet will be) - it basically did the following to their economy:

People with a ton of real life money began to flood the market with items. This doesn't seem like anything bad - the items are cheap right?

Seem that way until you realize that all the "rich" people now have huge amoutns of gold, which they use to buy up rare or hard to get items and repost them at huge amounts. this continues until there's NOTHING available for any reasonable amount of money.

Then you end up with situations where anyone NEW to the game ends up being unable to use the AH at all, being as they will never have enough money to do so.

Naturally, with the punishing fees for putting up items with high buyouts, even if Peacebloom is selling for 500g a stack, a new player cannot put the item up for that much, meaning it will get snapped up, repriced and sold by someone who DOES have money, keeping the newer players perpetually poor.

Inflation caused by this sort of action also encourages botters and gold sellers to go ahead and continue to advertise because it's now impossible to ever get enough money to deal with the AH elite.

Go sign up on Gaia, and go LOOK at their AH. This is NOT what you want to do to WoW!

Grossly inflated prices are great for new players. New players will make lots of gold for selling items on the AH, and make fixed costs items (such as mount training) much more accessible.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think I have a more interesting question.

If I get my hands on one of these pets (no matter the means) and I sell it to a friend of mine for US$ 9,00 will that be against the TOS? Because that pet has a dollar value attached to it. In theory I'm not proffiting over Blizz intellectual property, in fact I'm losing money.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/10/2011 11:20 AMPosted by Bomdanil
$10 a pet for 10 pets.

Nope

'Unlike the other Pet Store companions, the Guardian Cub is a tradable, one-time-use pet that permanently binds to a single character upon use. When you purchase the Guardian Cub from the online store, the character you designate will receive a bind-on-use item to carry in his or her inventory. '

That's from the sneak peak... it's a one time pet.. for one character only.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Cowbino
If I get my hands on one of these pets (no matter the means) and I sell it to a friend of mine for US$ 9,00 will that be against the TOS? Because that pet has a dollar value attached to it. In theory I'm not proffiting over Blizz intellectual property, in fact I'm losing money.

You're buying an item that costs money with money. That's like buying a TCG card from a friend. They've already said they don't care about that.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
Alternately, you can protest by not buying a Guardian Cub from the AH. It's cllear what the person is selling it is trying to do, and if you don't support that, don't buy the cubs from the AH. That was hard to come up with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
no offense but how can you not see the difference in this scenario?

one is a SUPER RARE mount you get from a trading card with such a low probability of obtaining that you can't play the AH selling hundreds of them and using that gold to buy better gear to make yourself better.

and the other is...well...the opposite of the first one :/

you can buy tons of these pets now and then sell them for gold, use that gold for better equipment, and now you've successfully made a F2P MMORPG microtransaction...CONGRATS! :/

really now, people gold cap playing the AH now, and you think this will destroy the economy..rare or not why is everyone not seeing the fact that no new gold is hitting the server. You dont need special mounts cards to gold cap you know, its done all the time just using the AH, and professions.
Reply Quote
Hey Timmy? Can't afford the new raid bind on equip drops? No problem! Make money by buying 6 guardian cubs, sell them, and then just buy out all your items!

Price of guardian cubs on the AH go down? Darn. Better buy more guardian cubs to make more money.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
TCG Loot card mounts like the Spectral Tiger have been BoE for a long time now (since patch 3.2), and that was and continues to be well-received, and as far as we've been able to tell hasn't had any adverse impact to the game or economy - despite them selling for sometimes astronomical amounts of gold.

It’s potentially worth noting that no new gold is being introduced into the game's economy with those mounts or the new Guardian Cub pet.

Our goal with the Guardian Cub is to provide alternative ways for players who don't want to spend real money to add these pets to their collection. Even though this has been available a while now with the TCG mounts, this is obviously a new kind of way to deliver Pet Store pets, and we're definitely interested to hear your feedback and ultimately see how this will play out.

How about offer two version then, one that is BOA so all my toons could get it, and one that is BOE so people that do whatever they want with it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Man people freak out over every little thing when it comes to WoW. This is a pet, which has no bearing on the game. If someone wants to spend their real life money to buy a bunch of these and sell them, all power to them.

As long as blizzard doesn't start charging real world money for equipment, I'm ok with whatever they want to do.
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Warlock
10/10/2011 11:14 AMPosted by Arrok
You're honestly telling me that you think anybody is going to make that much without spending thousands of dollars?

It's pretty obvious that they will after the initial market saturation dies down. Even with saturation there'll be high prices simply because people would rather just use the pet than sell something they paid RL money on for the same amount of gold that they'd get from selling a raptor hatchling.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Hey Timmy? Can't afford the new raid bind on equip drops? No problem! Make money by buying 6 guardian cubs, sell them, and then just buy out all your items!

Price of guardian cubs on the AH go down? Darn. Better buy more guardian cubs to make more money.

QFT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just beg that they give us the choice of having the pet BoA like the others or the BoE one tradable one. I do not like the idea of having to pay $10 for every character that I want the pet for. I like the buy it once and all characters get it model a lot better.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/10/2011 11:27 AMPosted by Marathel
I still find it hilarious they refuse to offer some free transfers considering the ill state of many low pop servers but that is another topic for another thread.

Why in their right minds would they give something away for free that they could make money off of? Think more like a CEO, duh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]