Blizzard, you've crossed the line

85 Tauren Death Knight
TCG Loot card mounts like the Spectral Tiger have been BoE for a long time now (since patch 3.2), and that was and continues to be well-received, and as far as we've been able to tell hasn't had any adverse impact to the game or economy - despite them selling for sometimes astronomical amounts of gold.

It’s potentially worth noting that no new gold is being introduced into the game's economy with those mounts or the new Guardian Cub pet.

Our goal with the Guardian Cub is to provide alternative ways for players who don't want to spend real money to add these pets to their collection. Even though this has been available a while now with the TCG mounts, this is obviously a new kind of way to deliver Pet Store pets, and we're definitely interested to hear your feedback and ultimately see how this will play out.

I think since the Spectral Tiger is really rare it shouldn't be compared to the $10 pet in the store that anyone can buy. Also I have only seen 1 person try and sell it for gold, the rest sel it for hundred's of real life money.

Also how is "new gold" being introduced into the game when buying from a gold farmer. All they do is farm the gold that is in the game then sell it. I don't think they create new pixals of gold and sell it. They farm what's already in the game.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
now how did this happen?
Reply Quote
61 Human Mage
Old Old old y u bring back old stuff that no longer matters to anyone it was a fail and nothing came out of it.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
I know, I'm sorry, I was just reminiscing about the number of people who foolishly predicted that wow would come to an end because of "legal gold buying". they look really dumb now...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I really don't care about your excuses, this is legal gold buying. I can buy ten pets, sell them each for 200g, and boom I just bought 2000g. This is the exact definition of indirect gold buying. I really hope you rethink this decision, because the reason I left a past MMO to join WoW is because they sold products that gave you an indirect advantage, just like this.

EDIT: Clarification. I'm not angry at this item itself, but angry at what it's leading up to. If Blizzard doesn't see any resistance with this, they'll keep pushing the envelope. There's no reason not to. If we don't draw a line somewhere, they'll keep pushing these kinds of things to the point where items and gold are buy able.

Think about it in a different way, it actually helps soak up some of the excess gold injected into the game by gold farmers. When people buy gold from gold farmers there is no item going into the game to make up for the excess gold it just drives the prices on items we need up, by giving people items to trade for that gold they are helping to stabalize the prices even though it is minor stability that is barely noticeable it does help.

When they add items that offer buffs to stats or items we will have reason to complain because we pay a monthly fee to avoid pay to win systems.
Edited by Ravinus on 3/9/2012 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]