Real world Pvp anyone?

85 Gnome Rogue
Real world Pvp anyone?

Uhh... it's called sports.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
OK Tomorrow Thursday works for guild I am thinking ashen vale 7:30 server, Horde holds LM and ally some area, I know there is a silverwing one but if that doesn't work Astraa or how ever u spell it would work great.

If these don't work let me know asap and I can change, if anyone has suggestions or ideas always looking for them, would like to make it a weekly thing, and was thinking about having some in Halaa so ppl can also get there mounts
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Do Friday or Saturday, a lot of people (alliance side at least) are still raiding.

It might even be fun to have a single vent to host everyone. Or to convene in-between brawls for social time/trash talking. :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
hmmm good idea Ill tell everyone 2 switch, how about time above and location friday then?

I think we should run 2 vents, so we can have some strategy, and say go for an objective, at least that is the feed back i am getting
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
arena is in the most unbalanced state its probably been in since its introduction to the game. i find world pvp fun, some of the more fun times were back in the old hillsbrad fights. nostalgia ftw

or just do rated bg's they are pretty well balanced for the most part. the same server competition part of it is fun though with world pvp. i do miss server only battlegrounds for the bragging rights
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
its true. well from what i read on AJ anyways. thats what i seen multi rank 1 guys say. a holy pally named athlete if i remember right
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
10/13/2011 07:09 PMPosted by Angryfrog
arena is in the most unbalanced state its probably been in since its introduction to the game. i find world pvp fun, some of the more fun times were back in the old hillsbrad fights. nostalgia ftw

There's no way a 20+ vs. 20+ fight is balanced. All you have to do is say "okay everyone use one instant cast on this guy - kk he's dead". That isn't balance, and that isn't fun. Only unorganized and unskilled players think world PvP requires any amount of skill at all.

or just do rated bg's they are pretty well balanced for the most part. the same server competition part of it is fun though with world pvp. i do miss server only battlegrounds for the bragging rights

RBGs aren't as balanced as most people think. There's not a lot a melee cleave team can do against a team with say 2 mages or 2 paladins. Also, RBGs take much less skill than arenas. There's a reason why you see people with 300+ games in 3v3 are stuck in the 2k bracket in 3s, but have a 90% win rate in RBGs and are 2400.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
RBG's could use some work, but its fact that they are more balanced than arena. theres also a reason you see teams like mine beating rank 1 glad teams. we win some we lose some, but it can be done.

and by no means was i trying to say world pvp was balanced. some people do still play for fun and world pvp is fun when you are on the organized side of things

saying RBG's take less skill is very debatable. if you are the right class with the right abilities in arena you can win.

heres athletes post i was refering to. venruki and sodah also agree with him. ill take the multi rank 1 glads opinions on the end game arena scene

Do you really think arena is any better? I can't think of a time where I've lost an RBG due to comp imbalance or RNG, it's always either a minor mishap on our part, whether its a poor game play decision, miscommunication or a disconnect. Issues with lock+shaman synergy, all 4 healers not being viable at the same time, mage damage and control, smoke bomb in arena, automatically applied cast speed reduction abilites (ie. necrotic strike), and cc diminishing returns needing reworked are far bigger issues than anything in RBGs, and thats only to name a few. Also note that your specific comment was directed towards one of the best arena players in the game so its automatically invalid

This post has been edited by Athlete: 05 October 2011 - 01:41 PM
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
you know you love me burial you said hi to me on your alliance alt. i screenshotted it

edit: unless i failed at reading, athletes post is giving reason as to why RBG's are a lot more balanced than arenas. those examples of things that go wrong are arena examples.

double edit: if you are referring to yourself or conradical, ill still take the world known players perspective of things. i still <3 you though
Edited by Angryfrog on 10/13/2011 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Athlete pretty much nailed it. People can always claim that arenas take more skill than RBGs yet they'll never even get to a point where they get matched up in games against teams like Filo and Ohriginal, much less win that game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
anyone else watching alway sunny, then afterwards watching the league. love these shows
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
10/13/2011 08:11 PMPosted by Burial
you know you love me burial you said hi to me on your alliance alt. i screenshotted it

is disagreeing over something in world of warcraft evidence to the contrary? :)

double edit: if you are referring to yourself or conradical, ill still take the world known players perspective of things. i still <3 you though

i was referring to conrad, who is also arguably world known...

well then ill pick the guy that i agree with :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
10/13/2011 07:25 PMPosted by Angryfrog
RBG's could use some work, but its fact that they are more balanced than arena. theres also a reason you see teams like mine beating rank 1 glad teams. we win some we lose some, but it can be done.

You really think that you beating R1 glads means that RBGs are more balanced than arena? lol. Think about that for a minute.

"My team beats better players because it's RBGs are more balanced".

saying RBG's take less skill is very debatable. if you are the right class with the right abilities in arena you can win.

Last season, one of the highest rated teams had 3 backpedalling healers on it.

heres athletes post i was refering to. venruki and sodah also agree with him. ill take the multi rank 1 glads opinions on the end game arena scene

I am a 3 time rank 1 player.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
RBG's being more balanced than arena is fact. its not just my opinion.

edit: according to athlete, lock shaman synergy is the number 1 unbalanced thing he listed for arena. not to take anything away from what you do in arena, you are obviously very good at it, but its def built to dominate atm.
Edited by Angryfrog on 10/13/2011 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
10/13/2011 08:52 PMPosted by Angryfrog
RBG's being more balanced than arena is fact. its not just my opinion.

Nah, it's your opinion. Not a fact.

You really think it's more balanced when you admitted that your team (who doesn't have a single gladiator on it) can beat teams with rank 1 players?

If you can explain to me how that makes sense, that would be great.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
because that rank 1 player is rank 1 in a different style of pvp that they are better in. arena skills dont always translate into rbg skills. rank 1 players may get the kill, but they are getting outplayed in the other objectives in the game, which is what wins it in the long run.

if you are telling me dk lock shaman is not OP in arena atm, id like to see that explained.

the smaller the combat the more unbalanced it is. its why you dont get titles in 2's anymore.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]