DK Tier 13 Thread

55 Goblin Death Knight
Probably thinking of a new thing to do with skulls and spikes.

Perhaps skulls on the spikes? or spiked skulls?

Which one?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
10/13/2011 05:55 PMPosted by Otís
i hope it doesnt look like crap(like most of the T13 sets)

Oh please. T13 looks amazing. Stop being childish.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/13/2011 07:56 PMPosted by Biomass
Im going with the, they finished it, it was crap, they are remaking it.

Ditto

The scary part is they have released some pretty crappy sets at times through the years so it makes you wonder just how bad this particular set was. Prob on par with those horrid AQ models. No one escaped that fiasco in one piece.
Edited by Mos on 10/13/2011 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
No, as far as I know we don't plan to make it a reveal at BlizzCon, though there's a chance the timing of its release could, by coincidence, be around that time. It's still planned to be revealed in the same manner the rest have been -- via a blog on our front page with the visual retrospective of previous tiers and developer description.

We'd love to post it by next week if we can, but I can't promise that with all the BlizzCon preparations taking place.

(The only reason I'm posting right now is because I've been at work for 13 hours today: twitter.com/talkingcongas/status/124695686452228096)

I'll give you a bit of the lowdown on why the death knight set hasn't come out yet, even in the 4.3 PTR files third-party sites are looking through. As with all sets, a concept art piece was done for death knight tier 13. When that was translated to the actual in-game look, we felt it wasn't up to par with the concept, and ultimately wasn't nearly at the quality level of the other tier 13 sets. But, that death knight set was completed weeks ago.

So, there are times where multiple iterations of how a set will look in the game are made, based on the original concept piece. In this case though, we felt there to be such a gap in quality that we went back to the drawing board and came up with an entirely new piece of concept art, scrapping the original concept and in-game art done for death knights.

Well, I can say the new concept art is done and the set is close to being ready for image captures. I've not seen either, but I've heard very good things. :)

This is just a thought but im sure it will get released before then. I'm just curious as to why all the other tier 13 models were datamined from the PTR but they decided to keep DK one out. Are they just still working on it or is there some kind of big announcement planned for DKs? The only thing datamined found on the PTR were the icons for the set which look a little frosty.

what yall think?
Reply Quote
every day i check the home page and die alittle inside >.<
i cant wait to see the new tier i hope its as epic as the Wotlk sets
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Dude. Bed. Now.

lol
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll give you a bit of the lowdown on why the death knight set hasn't come out yet, even in the 4.3 PTR files third-party sites are looking through. As with all sets, a concept art piece was done for death knight tier 13. When that was translated to the actual in-game look, we felt it wasn't up to par with the concept, and ultimately wasn't nearly at the quality level of the other tier 13 sets. But, that death knight set was completed weeks ago.

So, there are times where multiple iterations of how a set will look in the game are made, based on the original concept piece. In this case though, we felt there to be such a gap in quality that we went back to the drawing board and came up with an entirely new piece of concept art, scrapping the original concept and in-game art done for death knights.

Not being sarcastic here: thanks for putting quality into thought when designing these new tiers. I look forward to the little paragraph the art team gives when explaining what inspired them for the concept.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I know you folks are anxious to see what you'll want to be wearing, but I hope my post helped shine some light on the delay. ;)

Dude. Bed. Now.

lol

Good call. I'm out. <3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I think it's great that they're taking the time to make sure the armor turns out great.

That way, Death Knights don't get stuck with as awful a tier as Rogues did (/bitter).
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
so....you had to more skulls and spikes, yes?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I know you folks are anxious to see what you'll want to be wearing, but I hope my post helped shine some light on the delay. ;)

Dude. Bed. Now.

lol

Good call. I'm out. <3

wait no. can you show us a picture of the awful tier first? I wanna see how bad something has to be before your art team throws up
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Dude. Bed. Now.

lol

Good call. I'm out. <3

any chance of finding out when the warrior tier 7.5 will be fixed?
Reply Quote

Thank you for the update Zarhym.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Death Knight
Wasn't enough skulls this time? I'm so glad I can transmog into T12 from now on... Skulls are not the only representation of death.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Nah, the real reason they haven't announced it yet (or waiting for BlizzCon) is to wait til Blizzcon to announce their latest and greatest change to the DK class....
Wait for it....
They are gonna nerf em so hard (don't believe the patch notes right now) that people will just delete their DK's and never play them again. :D

Nah, just wishful thinking on my part :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I bet someone decided to troll the concept art and made an entire suit out of skulls. Or it was Skeletor and some kind soul saved us from that.

Why can't DKs have sunshine and glitter and unicorns on our tier sets like pallies, huh?

Oh, and, just being the sort to apply logic, it wouldn't be DK T13...we don't have a T1-6 so this is like our T7 >>
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
10/13/2011 11:08 PMPosted by Zarhym

I know exactly what I'll be wearing, my transmogged set, like every other person that plays this game.

You guys really need to hire new artists.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Death Knight
Thank you very much for shedding some light, Zarhym. It's good to know we're not just forgotten.

I'm also hoping for something that exemplifies a Death Knight, but isn't spikes or skulls. People who reply to everyone that expresses a desire for something other than the norm really need to realize that there are many, many more ways to represent DKs than skulls and spikes. It's not that we don't like a dark, rough, fearsome-looking tier set. It's that we're bored of the same old motif all the time.

There are plenty of other ways to feel "Death Knighty" than sticking skulls and spikes on everything. Personally, I'm hoping for something more like a "Rune" set that shows off some of the runic design-work that we put on our weapons, but I'd be happy with other outcomes.

Excited to see what's in store, but I'm building a transmog set just in case, of course.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]