DK Tier 13 Thread

100 Human Mage
Zarhym, thanks for posting a reply - it's very apprecaited.

A friend of mine and I wondered if maybe the dk armor had to be redone since it was taking so much longer than the rest.

I'm definitely hoping it's much nicer than T12 which was to me an eyesore (color wise).
Edited by Elm on 10/14/2011 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/13/2011 05:57 PMPosted by Vellius
Please for the love of god no skulls or spikes

Now come on! You already know its going to have thousands of skulls and spikes!
Edited by Fivestar on 10/14/2011 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
So long as it is from the same people that designed Paladin Season 11, I'll be happy!
Reply Quote
10/14/2011 12:30 AMPosted by Hollister
So long as it is from the same people that designed Paladin Season 11, I'll be happy!

Amen!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

So, there are times where multiple iterations of how a set will look in the game are made, based on the original concept piece. In this case though, we felt there to be such a gap in quality that we went back to the drawing board and came up with an entirely new piece of concept art, scrapping the original concept and in-game art done for death knights.

Any chance when the T13 preview is released we can also see the original concept art and maybe even the 3d models based on that art? I'm super curious what it looked like.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
10/14/2011 12:30 AMPosted by Hollister

I must be the only paladin not eager to equip that set.
Don't get me wrong, objectively, I hold a great appreciation for it.

It just doesn't appeal to my personal tastes.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I know you folks are anxious to see what you'll want to be wearing, but I hope my post helped shine some light on the delay. ;)

Dude. Bed. Now.

lol

Good call. I'm out. <3

This made my entire week amazing. Thank you Zarhym, you floating skull of sexual desires <3
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973027136

The old DK tier 13 is this guy.
http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/6/68/Lord-zedd.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
well since you guys scrapped the old one I'm hoping this one will actually be the best out of all of them....you gave warriors deathwing...let's see how much you love death knights
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

So, there are times where multiple iterations of how a set will look in the game are made, based on the original concept piece. In this case though, we felt there to be such a gap in quality that we went back to the drawing board and came up with an entirely new piece of concept art, scrapping the original concept and in-game art done for death knights.

Any chance when the T13 preview is released we can also see the original concept art and maybe even the 3d models based on that art? I'm super curious what it looked like.

I really hope so, I am quite curious as to how intricate it must have been for them not to be able to reproduce it properly.

I would also love to see the concept art for all the previous tiers of all the classes if possible. I'm sure a lot of others would as well. Concept art is usually some of the coolest looking stuff out there.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Don't see why you care so much. If it's like half the other tier 13 sets, you'll just transmog it anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

okay then, just for you the next death knight set will be purple and pink and will have a proc to shoot gusts of glitter at it's target. The helm will be a unicorn horn and it's shoulders will have pegasus wings....

...god talk about a real blood elven set huh?

I'm sorry i didn't know having a skull on your armor automatically made you sinister looking, I guess I'll try and remember that the next time i transmog my DK into his starter blues which imo was the best looking set. (void of skulls of course and the only one so if you would note)

Taken straight from the quest dialogue

"Kneel, champion. I place this helm upon your head to complete your terrifying visage. Any that dare look upon your dark countenance will know that death comes. Let none stand so boldly against your king so as to face your merciless wrath,..." <--- Greathelm of the Scourge Champion

Did it need skulls? absolutely not! would it have been any different if the shoulders were a little more streamlined? not at all! Does it matter that the spikes are only a slight accent? HELL NO!
Edited by Vellius on 10/14/2011 2:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
10/13/2011 08:25 PMPosted by Katei
i hope it doesnt look like crap(like most of the T13 sets)

Oh please. T13 looks amazing. Stop being childish.

warlock t13 is fugly... but the others are fine.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/13/2011 10:58 PMPosted by Zarhym
When that was translated to the actual in-game look, we felt it wasn't up to par with the concept, and ultimately wasn't nearly at the quality level of the other tier 13 sets. But, that death knight set was completed weeks ago.

It was made into the PvP set wasn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/13/2011 06:58 PMPosted by Fleurelle

okay then, just for you the next death knight set will be purple and pink and will have a proc to shoot gusts of glitter at it's target. The helm will be a unicorn horn and it's shoulders will have pegasus wings....

...god talk about a real blood elven set huh?

lmao I would totally wear this!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
is it a possibility even though it was scrapped that the other original DK set could be seen?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]