DK Tier 13 Thread

100 Night Elf Rogue
They should post both versions and let the fans decide...

Plus, hardcore Blizzard art fans like myself just like to see all the stages in the process of creating item models...

Thats actually a cool idea. From now on they should make two sets for each class and the one that gets implemented is decided by votes.

Right, that'll only double the development time for new armor sets.
Reply Quote
10/14/2011 01:35 PMPosted by Vylent
Please for the love of god no skulls or spikes

Because Death Knights have no affiliation with skulls..... Skulls are like their key symbol, IMO.

To be fair, DK are also associated with blood, ghouls and the frozen ice of northrend. I think they should borrow from some of the caster sets and make little floating skulls orbit their heads.
Reply Quote
55 Orc Warrior

I'll give you a bit of the lowdown on why the death knight set hasn't come out yet, even in the 4.3 PTR files third-party sites are looking through. As with all sets, a concept art piece was done for death knight tier 13. When that was translated to the actual in-game look, we felt it wasn't up to par with the concept, and ultimately wasn't nearly at the quality level of the other tier 13 sets. But, that death knight set was completed weeks ago.

So, there are times where multiple iterations of how a set will look in the game are made, based on the original concept piece. In this case though, we felt there to be such a gap in quality that we went back to the drawing board and came up with an entirely new piece of concept art, scrapping the original concept and in-game art done for death knights.

Well, I can say the new concept art is done and the set is close to being ready for image captures. I've not seen either, but I've heard very good things. :)

This is the type of customer service we want to see more of on the forums, a little information goes a long way to keep the paying customer paying.... tho why you couldnt have told us this when it was scrapped and back to a re-draw i dont know. it would have sated the masses thats for sure.

not having a shot BTW just trying to encourage more thinks that keep us in a bit of the loop
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm so anxious to see the DK set, Though still a little disappointed with the transmog rules... DK starter set will be available for purchase, but can only transmute rares for rares... and the starter gear is green / blue :( if i dont like the purps, it's gonna suck.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
So no new tier sets for Vanilla/BC...and we wait months extra for our T13 to be shown. On top of being slapped around by the Dev team since our class was put into the game...way to make us feel good Blizzard!

Also why did it take THIS LONG to tell us this? You couldn't have come out a week after all the others tiers had been posted and just said 'We're still working on it guys"...no instead you leave everyone in the dark like always because no one can apparently communicate very simple messages and instead let it all snowball.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
No, as far as I know we don't plan to make it a reveal at BlizzCon, though there's a chance the timing of its release could, by coincidence, be around that time. It's still planned to be revealed in the same manner the rest have been -- via a blog on our front page with the visual retrospective of previous tiers and developer description.

We'd love to post it by next week if we can, but I can't promise that with all the BlizzCon preparations taking place.

(The only reason I'm posting right now is because I've been at work for 13 hours today: twitter.com/talkingcongas/status/124695686452228096)

I'll give you a bit of the lowdown on why the death knight set hasn't come out yet, even in the 4.3 PTR files third-party sites are looking through. As with all sets, a concept art piece was done for death knight tier 13. When that was translated to the actual in-game look, we felt it wasn't up to par with the concept, and ultimately wasn't nearly at the quality level of the other tier 13 sets. But, that death knight set was completed weeks ago.

So, there are times where multiple iterations of how a set will look in the game are made, based on the original concept piece. In this case though, we felt there to be such a gap in quality that we went back to the drawing board and came up with an entirely new piece of concept art, scrapping the original concept and in-game art done for death knights.

Well, I can say the new concept art is done and the set is close to being ready for image captures. I've not seen either, but I've heard very good things. :)

This is just a thought but im sure it will get released before then. I'm just curious as to why all the other tier 13 models were datamined from the PTR but they decided to keep DK one out. Are they just still working on it or is there some kind of big announcement planned for DKs? The only thing datamined found on the PTR were the icons for the set which look a little frosty.

what yall think?

I think you need to fix the druid one, because it felt boring.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm so anxious to see the DK set, Though still a little disappointed with the transmog rules... DK starter set will be available for purchase, but can only transmute rares for rares... and the starter gear is green / blue :( if i dont like the purps, it's gonna suck.

This is wrong, they have to be green/rare/epic to be eligable you don't have to put green to green or blue to blue or purple to purple

10/14/2011 01:35 PMPosted by Vylent
Because Death Knights have no affiliation with skulls..... Skulls are like their key symbol, IMO.

Since you didn't take the time to read on I'll refer you to my post in page 3.. I guess because Death Knights have death in their name means that they always have to be wearing a skull?
Here's what skulls remind me of...
-Pirates
-Old metal Warning Signs
-Cartoon Poison Labels

T12 shoulders are skulls, there are approximately 4 skulls on your leg piece @the poster who mentioned t12
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
LOL thnx zarhym for exleast shining some light on when its coming out i love dk tier 11 btw LOl(i think thats the skele one) :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Could we see the scrapped version? Just make clear it was scrapped, I think people would be cool with the effort and quality control.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
gee this qq about the unveiled tier is too mindblowing to me

- googlin' "death" [pictures]...

so you don't want the grim look of skulls? nor the chill of ice? spikes? what else... plate? oh wait, I got a brilliant idea: you should definitely consider playing a druid. /caseclosed (on the worst case you'll never ever complain again about the DKs tiers you've worn. trust me.)

______
=X btw I'm no batmah of azzinoth, for the old gods' sake! I'll sap the black prince and ninja his cool persian black dragonfight's tier for myself, and myself only. sapped boyz can't say no...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/13/2011 06:12 PMPosted by Deathduck
Where are the skulls on the t12 set? Please, feel free to check my armory, as i have all but the helm, and none of it has a skull on it.

inside ur head
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
10/13/2011 06:12 PMPosted by Deathduck
Where are the skulls on the t12 set? Please, feel free to check my armory, as i have all but the helm, and none of it has a skull on it.

Its the skull of a dragon, newb.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
So no new tier sets for Vanilla/BC...and we wait months extra for our T13 to be shown. On top of being slapped around by the Dev team since our class was put into the game...way to make us feel good Blizzard!

Also why did it take THIS LONG to tell us this? You couldn't have come out a week after all the others tiers had been posted and just said 'We're still working on it guys"...no instead you leave everyone in the dark like always because no one can apparently communicate very simple messages and instead let it all snowball.

They told us when the first sets were shown that they are displaying them as they are completed. It's not a huge leap in logic to assume that they were not showing the DK set because it wasn't ready. Why wait for for Blizz to explain something that should already be pretty obvious? Also, they don't have to share anything with us if they don't want to, especially when it's not even in the actual game yet.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
DKs don't get teir 13. that's why it "hasn't been released yet"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]