2-Handed Frost needs help!

70 Draenei Death Knight
This is probably the weakest all around build a DK can go for right now, Blood and Unholy are leaps beyond it. The key talent that sets 2-Handed Frost apart from the rest of the talent tree is "Might of the Frozen Wastes". I've noticed this talent has been revised a few times, though I haven't been playing a Death Knight during that time. Regardless, I see the "2H frost" build as being relatively weak compared to other Death Knight talent builds. I propose a complete revamp of the Might of the Frozen Wastes talent:

Might of the Frozen Wastes: When wielding a two-handed weapon, your melee attacks and Howling Blast ability have a 10%/20%/30% chance to launch a free Icy Touch(no frost rune, no global cooldown). In addition, your attack power is increased by 1%/2%/3% and your Howling Blast and Icy Touch abilities range is increased an additional 1/3/5 yards.

I feel changing this talent to something similar to the above would do amazing things for 2-handed frost, and how fun it can be to play. The above proposed talent change does not deviate from how good a "Tier 6" talent should be. Potentially very fun, and might make Death Knights look for faster 2 handed weapons as opposed to slower ones like all other classes who use 2handers...

edit: down to 10%/20%/30% from 15%/30%/45%.

edit: I think this talent change would also clearly make Frost the DPS tree that does the most non-physical DPS, and offers the most ranged damage. Good stuff I think.
Edited by Jöhñy on 10/11/2011 10:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
undo the last pointless nerf to weapon damage on might of the frozen wastes and it would be fine.

i lold when blizz said frost dks were doing to much pve dps so they nerf 2h frost then buff dw so it does even more dps
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/11/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Jöhñy
faster 2 handed weapons as opposed to slower ones like all other classes who use 2handers...

This exactly what we DONT want. We already have a fast 2h tree.

10/11/2011 05:00 PMPosted by Kusari
i lold when blizz said frost dks were doing to much pve dps so they nerf 2h frost then buff dw so it does even more dps

I lol'd when Blizz said they were making trying to make 2h Frost viable before cata. My predictions have been right about it being absolute garbage so far. Which makes me a little sad.
Edited by Volké on 10/11/2011 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Death Knight
In response to Volke and not wanting another tree where a faster 2 handed weapon is favored, I have to say, what's wrong with one of the three plate DPS classes favoring a faster 2-handed weapon in 2/3 of its talent trees? It would be easy to implement; simply make roughly 1/3rd of all future 2-handed swords/axes/maces faster, like 2.90 speed instead of 3.60. A 2.90 speed 2hander is not ideal for a ret paladin or warrior, but it still works, just as a slow 2hander works for DK Unholy and Frost builds. Take the Rogue Combat tree for example, they favor fast off-hand weapons. Does using a slow off-hand weapon break a Combat Rogue's viability? No, it just simply isn't ideal for DPS.

Flame humble ideas if you wish.

PS: Maybe change the Fury tree for Warriors, where Titan's Grip dual-wield 2H favors a fast off-hand also? It would help justify the need to add faster 2handers to loot tables.

PSS: Slow 2H should remain ideal for Blood, just not Unholy/Frost.
Edited by Jöhñy on 10/11/2011 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
2h frost is for pvp. There's no other reason for it. Insisting otherwise is ridiculous.

If you want to use a 2h'er in pve, play Unholy.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Death Knight
Wurtane, correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone and their Mom(tm) is PvPing as Blood these days..?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
2h frost is for pvp. There's no other reason for it. Insisting otherwise is ridiculous.

If you want to use a 2h'er in pve, play Unholy.

Why would you say this? 2h frost was great in the last tear, and i prefer it over dw. I cant stand unholy, and if i want to use a 2h i shouldn't be forced to play uh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's too bad that Blizzard decided to nerf Might of the Frozen Wastes last patch. It really didn't need to be nerfed, nor did Obliterate, nor does Howling Blast need a nerf in 4.3.

Just one of those things where the office idiot goes unchecked I guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]