(A) Stormwind Royal Gaurd 2/7 FL HM

85 Night Elf Warrior
We are currently looking to pick up a few more for our ranks. Must be ready to raid heroics item level. We raid 3 nights a week....Wednesday, Thursday and Monday. 6:00pm to 10:00pm server time.

Looking for dps and heals... full on tanks.

Message Brianj or Snyder in game for more details.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Did you guys ever stop labeling anyone not in your guild as Mongloids, or are you still looking down your nose at other players?
Reply Quote
That's kind of a rude thing to say in a recruitment ad. Free bump for them anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
It is rude of them to be so disrespectful toward other players that any guest in their vent gets automatically labeled Mongloid upon joining it. Especially consdering they are the ones who are trying to find people to fill their open raid spots - makes you wonder if a less than pleasant environment is part of the reason they're having to look. This sort of thing will appeal to some players while turning others off, and foreknowledge can help in making a decision on whether to join their guild.

Yes, another bump.
Edited by Joynal on 10/14/2011 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
It is rude of them to be so disrespectful toward other players that any guest in their vent gets automatically labeled Mongloid upon joining it. Especially consdering they are the ones who are trying to find people to fill their open raid spots - makes you wonder if a less than pleasant environment is part of the reason they're having to look. This sort of thing will appeal to some players while turning others off, and foreknowledge can help in making a decision on whether to join their guild.

Yes, another bump.

joynal you do realize that there is a substantially high chance that there is no actual ill will intended with that, right?

there's something called teasing and teasing is not always actually hostile.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Teasing is something you do with friends and family. Blanket labeling people you don't know and who don't know you with an offensive term is sheer asshattery.

Is there ill will intended by those who do such things? Of course there is. Else they wouldn't do it since it does nothing to make an environment more friendly or pleasant. If they wanted to be good willed, they could have chose something silly like "Peach Cobbler." Instead, they chose to refer to people outside their guild by a term that has a common definition of deformed and retarded, along with other unflattering definitions.

Do you honestly think there was any good intention in the choice of word?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It is not to be rude towards anyone. It is just an inside joke between our group for good fun. Plus its not a derogatory term since it just means Mongol. Just one of the early races of humanity and you honestly take it way too serious. The funny part is Joynal, you say its offensive but you joined our vent one day to fill a spot, saw your label was that like many others in our vent as a "label" (not directed at you at all) and then you call us all a**holes and you dont know any of us. Who do you think in this situation is the child? We are not looking for any conflict especially over forums but you take things way too serious and that is the opposite of what we are looking for. We are a fun group that just transfered over here about two months ago and are just looking for some new blood of players to get along with and progress into more content. Like BrianJ stated, if you are geared for heroics and a solid player who learns fights quickly then message myself or BrianJ.
Edited by Snyder on 10/15/2011 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
10/15/2011 01:20 AMPosted by Joynal
Teasing is something you do with friends and family. Blanket labeling people you don't know and who don't know you with an offensive term is sheer asshattery.

You can also tease complete strangers. Doing so forms a sense of brotherhood and sets aside that level of strangeness.

Is there ill will intended by those who do such things? Of course there is. Else they wouldn't do it since it does nothing to make an environment more friendly or pleasant. If they wanted to be good willed, they could have chose something silly like "Peach Cobbler." Instead, they chose to refer to people outside their guild by a term that has a common definition of deformed and retarded, along with other unflattering definitions.

Peach Cobbler wouldn't be that funny. It has to actually be something retarded to be funny.

Do you honestly think there was any good intention in the choice of word?

No, but I also do not think there was any ill will in contrast.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
nvm....
Edited by Brianj on 10/15/2011 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
10/15/2011 07:14 AMPosted by Snyder
Plus its not a derogatory term since it just means Mongol.

Except it doesn't "just" mean Mongol, does it? It's a word with multiple definitions, and is even a medical term. At least you're no longer trying to claim the word has no meaning at all. If it truly meant only "Mongol" to you, you could have just told me that. For that matter, why not just say "Mongol" in your vent label instead of "Mongloid"? There's a huge difference in the way the two words come across.

I also never stated that it was directed specifically at me - you're directing it at anyone not a member of your guild. Do I take insulting terms seriously? You bet, it's petty player crap like this that continues to bring WoW down. There's no "fun" if people communicate with insults when there are more positive options they could use.

If you want to leave it as an inside joke, consider removing the label from your vent so it's not publicly seen. Inside jokes are rarely filled with good intentions when the joke is directed at someone outside of the "inside" group so better for others to not even know.

10/15/2011 07:14 AMPosted by Snyder
Like BrianJ stated, if you are geared for heroics and a solid player who learns fights quickly then message myself or BrianJ.

Bump for this. Not trying to kill your recruiting efforts, just trying to give people an idea of the environment they'd be walking into. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'd rather warn off those who feel the same as I do about the use of such words. Certainly it was an unpleasant experience for me.

Peach Cobbler wouldn't be that funny. It has to actually be something retarded to be funny.

When did funny start requiring retarded? Has the world really changed that much? How sad.
Reply Quote
If I were BrianJ or anyone in charge of making these ads I would honestly let this one die. It's basically just been a convenient opportunity for Joynal to bash the guild about something that's been eating at her for a while. Regardless of how it's spun in the light of trying to warn others, that's the hard truth.

If they were indeed so malicious and had an elitist attitude then they would have a wide spread reputation of it, and I've heard of no such reputation. My advice would be to make another thread later on and hopefully others would be kind enough to keep to the golden rule of not saying anything at all if they don't have something nice to say.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Well thanks Joy... i agree, anyone who thinks like you need not app. I can only imagine how much fun raiding Mrs.FCC would be.

We cuss, we swear, we say things that would offend a lot of people I'm sure, but we don't say those things TO offend them. We do it in the privacy of our own vent. We don't talk in general chat or post things on these forums that would warrant this type of comment from you. We do not personally attack anyone. We all make fun of each other and we laugh about it. We are crude... I'm not gonna say we aren't. We all work 40+ hours a week in a job that we have to be serious and politically correct in, so I'm sure as heck (<--- that was for you Joy) not going to hold back on vent with a group of friends. This game is a place where we can be silly and say those wild things without fear of losing our jobs, or any other repercussions that life would bring. We wont change the way we are, we don't have to. If we offended you then, well... bye. You have the right to leave and that choice is up to you. We don't force you to stay and play with us. In fact, i forgot you even came in vent 5 minutes after you left... but for some reason, weeks after it happened it is still fresh on your mind. I cant figure out if I'm jealous of you or i feel sorry for you... if a tag next to your name in vent is causing you this much distress, then you either have the most wonderful life and have never went through any kind of hardships at all, or you are just a pathetic cry baby... the kind who would write a letter to the creators of a t.v show that offended you because you simply have nothing better to do. <--- Maybe some of your "ill will" in that but when you start bashing my guild over something that is meaningless... that's what happens.

We have a great 10 man group and an amazing guild all together. I am new but i have honestly never played with nicer people.

So... yes, i agree. Post dead and i am sorry for this nonsense, if i could take back this post all together i would.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
bump for 5/7Herioc :D Grats Guards!
2 bosses in a night whooterz :D
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Lol Achilles...ignorance is bliss <3
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Isn't it :D?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
this thread is amazing
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Amazing Except for Extrabutter...heard he spent 3 hours in ZG today.
Reply Quote
Not trying to start anything, but I switched to Horde because of people like him. One of the worst Gms ever...
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
06/24/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Thelanora
http://bit.ly/neGdWw

http://i.imgur.com/9BZPM.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]