Hey Scilla

85 Troll Shaman
I posted this thread in the general discussion hoping for a blue to see it and maybe take note of it. Anyways, here's the post, hopefully we'll get a higher pop on this server.... one day.

"I know a lot of people complain about their servers being awful, but this is pretty real.

Here's an example. At eight on a TUESDAY in Orgrimmar there was like 20 warriors online, 30 mages, etc. etc.

This server has about four or five raiding guilds, that can actually clear a decent amount of heroic content, on this server. I believe we have two guilds who can do 25 mans and actually progress a little bit, and everyone else is stuck with ten mans. My guild has been longing to do 25 mans but we just don't have the population.

When it comes to PvP this server I'd say is balanced within it's factions, but when it comes to RBGs and etc, this server fails to do hardly any.

Unless you were on this server for a long time and have been in the same guild for years it's almost impossible to get a decent raid spot/RBG spot going, this is because everyone is so close knit and the pickings are very slim.

Due to the low population the economy on our server has gone down the drains, we have like six people controlling the entire auction house busting prices as high as they can go.

I really feel like Blizzard needs to open up transfers to this server from a higher pop, or merge two very low pop servers, such as this one, together.

The server is like a ghost town, and I really hope some time in the future our population will flourish again."
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
We're the 64th realm out of 241 on progression.

There are 30 guilds, including Horde Decimators that are ranked above your guild.

I think it's time you realize that you've already spent too much time with | FATE | because you're either terrible or holding onto something worthless. Disband your bad guild and conglomerate your average players with the average players of other bad guilds and maybe you'll form yourself a mediocre guild that can clear a few heroics over 3 nights.

Our server progression rank is thanks mostly to guilds like Casual or TPA
There isn't a large talent pool to pick from anymore, half of the population that was worth anything left Scillia in the past six months. And most of the guilds are already established, and therefor, not recruiting.

I would like them to open up free transfers here, but Blizz will never do it, they've already stated they get a good amount of cash for it.
And I wasn't in FATE that long but I believe they only started raiding about month or so ago.
Reply Quote

Our server progression rank is thanks mostly to guilds like Casual or TPA

Casual yes, along with a number of other guilds like Silhouette when they were here. TPA?
Did you throw TPA's name out there because they're one of the few 25 man guilds? Or do you really believe they're carrying our servers progression?
Edited by Eyxx on 10/15/2011 7:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The WoWProgress rankings for server are based on the current progression and how fast it was achieved I think, so the ranking there isn't just from Casual -- it's a combination of a few guilds. Silhouette was another who helped bolster the ranking before they transferred off to Sargeras (and managed realm first Ragnaros over there).

Scilla is feeling what a lot of servers are now with the exception of the really big ones like Blackrock. It's no different on Shattered Halls and most of our raiders were server transfers in either last tier or this tier.

By the way, what's up Spanxie? I used to main tank Resurrected Phenomenon's second group, remember me? Say hi to Wata for me. :P
Edited by Masanori on 10/15/2011 6:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

Casual yes, along with a number of other guilds like Silhouette when they were here. TPA?
Did you throw TPA's name out there because they're one of the few 25 man guilds? Or do you really believe they're carrying our servers progression?

Mostly because they're one of the few 25 man guilds, they sorta stand out on Horde side in comparison to other guilds. But to be honest I'm not sure what they're progression is at, I think they downed Rag pre-nerf, if that means anything.
Reply Quote
Ahh ok. Though they haven't killed heroic Rag yet, and are 7th on the server progression wise, 3rd if you're looking at 25 mans only.
The stand out guild nowdays, Horde side, is Ohnoes.

10/15/2011 06:00 AMPosted by Masanori
Scilla is feeling what a lot of servers are now with the exception of the really big ones

Have to agree with that. A number of friends on different servers (other than the couple on Sargeras) all complain of the same thing.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Mage
Lol wth does server progression have to do with the population and economy of scilla being almost non existent... I rolled on scilla the day it opened and its always been behind population wise except for a brief period after the gates opened and through bc when pvp was great. Scillas progression ranking has always been carried by some small close knit guild from all the way back to spire, dark focus, brethren, casual, etc etc. If you're lucky enough to be in or spend that much time in game then yea sure scilla will be ok for you, BUT 90% of the people in the server are not in those guilds. They should have opened up transfers to scilla a long time ago... its sucks that this server fell off the way it did.
Edited by Help on 10/15/2011 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
9 Blood Elf Rogue

There are 30 guilds, including Horde Decimators that are ranked above your guild.

I think it's time you realize that you've already spent too much time with | FATE | because you're either terrible or holding onto something worthless. Disband your bad guild and conglomerate your average players with the average players of other bad guilds and maybe you'll form yourself a mediocre guild that can clear a few heroics over 3 nights.

The self-eggrandising and conceitedness exhibited by this player is laughable.

I'd sure like to buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth. I'd be rich as hell.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Mage
[quote]
I'd sure like to buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth. I'd be rich as hell.

^ this is great!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I think the main problem is that Scilla lacks leadership. There's a new guild popping up every few weeks but they tend to always fail under bad leadership.

Aside from Ragnaros, the heroics right now are easier than ever. If you're in a guild that raids more than a few hours a week and can't clear a heroic, step away from it and form something better.

From the limited time I've spent in Scilla pugs, it's obvious that aside from a few exclusionary guilds on Horde, they're pretty much crap. They're too forgiving for really stupid behavior and mistakes and they don't tend to track performance. The people in those guilds deserve to be there. They don't play their class right, they don't prepare and they don't have the personal ambition to change.

While Scilla might not have the most opportunities, the opportunities it does have are above average, thus our server ranking. If you think the realm is the problem for you not being able to get good players or get into a good guild, think again. Bad players and bad guilds will always be bad, regardless of whats around them.

Want a good guild? I'll offer a four hour consultation for $100 dollars. If you give me money and take my advice, even your !@#$ty guilds can start to clear heroics.

Also, Hi Carbomb alt post above. You definitely know how to hold a grudge and I find it adorable. Met any big poker stars lately?

Dougly, will you have my black babies? You make me so moist...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Archaeology wrecked Scilla.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

The self-eggrandising and conceitedness exhibited by this player is laughable.

I have yet to see a post where this guy doesn't let his unbridled intelligence run wild.

They may as well re-class this as a PVE server, since competitive PVP has unceremoniously disappeared, with the exception of a few select players on Alliance side (I can count them all on one hand). Rainbow Revenge and Red Army are only shadows of what they were last season as far as Rated BG's, either because of players either leaving or quitting.

Its simple, really. If your unhappy with your server, transfer off. You see anyone that came back to Scilla, after transferring off?

I dont.
Edited by Gooncity on 10/16/2011 8:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/16/2011 08:39 AMPosted by Scarella

Qt <3
Edited by Eyxx on 10/17/2011 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/17/2011 07:59 AMPosted by Eyxx

Qt <3

<33333333333333333333333qtpie
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I xfered here from Malygos. That server had a higher population that Scilla, and it's not due to leadership or anything in my opinion. I believe people are just tired of smashing their heads against the wall. I have friends in the top guilds, and I've heard the dramas of how 'hard' the raiding is, how much they miss the 'good old days' etc etc etc.

I don't believe it's due to bad leadership, I think people just want a level 25 guild over others. Mine is level 18, when people actually come with us on a raid night, suddenly we get tons of tells asking to join us, or saying they would join us if we were level 25.

The game is what you make it basically... although, I will admit, I've gotten dirty tells on my alts from hordies cause I killed em too much.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
i hear this thread is about a dead server but somehow has pve. I leveled here about 6-8 months ago and joined mystic as a pug. I became an officer and am now ultimately have become the guild master. We still have high progression standards and should have been able to work on Rag but due to the fact we have lost ~5 main raiders and have had to regear multiple people multiple times, we havent even been able to do much more than farm 6/7. I think in the last 3-4 months we have recruited two people from the server, both because Virtue's second raid group died off sadly. My guild was so quiet not during raid time, we have recently picked up a second raid group just because the leader is a great guy and would have joined us to raid if we didnt have a rogue. Thankfully his raid group is semi-sucessful and is making it so we have 10+ people online again during offnights and 15+ on tuesdays.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Scilla's problem is population, period. Silhouette moved for these reasons:

1) We simply couldn't get new recruits to transfer here. There's nothing to do, no good pugs, no solid frequency of RGB/Arena teams forming through the week. It's boring and dead and quality players do not want to come here. We regularly had very top notch players tell us, point blank, they'd join us if we were on a different realm. Having moved, we can see that they apparently were not joking.

2) The economy blows. This hurt point 1) as well, but this was also problematic for us personally. And I don't mean that just because a few people hold the AH hostage (although this does hurt the integrety of the realm). Despite a few people controlling gems/enchants/etc, NO ONE bothers to try to meet the demands and sell other highly used items. If we were in a tight spot and needed to buy mats for feasts, we'd be lucky if they were posted at all, and if one person was smart enough to bother fishing and selling it, they posted the fish at positively absurd prices (because they were the only ones selling). Same goes for herbs, there were actually some weeks where Aszara's Veil was completely dry for most of the week. In fact, I recall personally selling Aszara's Veil for like 500g per stack one week and making a positive killing simply because no one bothered to undercut me for days.

These problems completely evaporated after we moved, and we were able to raid a hundred times more effectively and efficiently.

On Scilla I could linger around SW all day and watch /2 as I did other things on my other monitor and not actually do anything all week. DoR did the only decent alt run weekly besides ours, and I never saw decent pugs. Since I've moved, I have multiple alts at 6/7HM with various random groups (lol nerfs), spending less time among all my characters than some people spend on their mains. Almost immediately after we moved, we filled the vacant spots in our roster and have had almost zero turn-over since that point. We went out to score realm first (beating the closest competition by weeks), on a decently populated server that had 20+ 6/7HM kill guilds behind us. I make money hand over fist by doing little to nothing besides signing on to raid (GDKP runs, selling occasional crafted item). AH is lively and always has stuff we need at reasonable, consistent prices. RGB/PVP pugs and groups forming at all hours of the day for people interested in that. I have my complaints about Sargeras, but it does the job of having a large talent pool to choose from, and a hub of activity where off-realm players are interested in transfering.

I liked being on Scilla because I have a lot of friends here that I miss playing with (looking at DoR in particular). But, make no mistake, the low population problem is a very serious issue, and is one a number of realms deal with. Maybe Blizzard is at a point where they need less realms, I don't know, but hopefully they do something to help realms in this state. Be happy that at least you have one top tier 25 guild still there helping the situation.

Anyway, hopefully the situation improves. Scilla wasn't so bad back in Wrath, I had a lot of fun here back then. Cataclysm really wrecked things pretty hard, maybe new content will bring some people back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]