Throne of the Tides TCG Loot not until 4.3?

85 Worgen Death Knight
Throne of the Tides Loot from the upcoming TCG set (Tallstrider Mount, Puffer Fish, Throwing Starfish) is currently on the 4.3 patch on Test.

Are these seriously not being released until 4.3?

The Throne of the Tides expansion set releases tomorrow, Tuesday the 11th. Both players of the TCG and players of the MMO cracking packs for singles and/or loot hunting will be popping these out of boxes and attempting to redeem them almost immediately. 4.3 is probably weeks away... do you guys have any idea how bad for business this is? How do you explain to a customer that's just bought a pack "Hey, nice job cracking your loot card! But, uhh... you can't use it for a few weeks, (months?) sorry."

It takes absolutely no beta testing to confirm a loot card is ready. It's probably some of the simplest updates possible. The TCG deserves more respect and consideration than what it's currently being given, and the time and effort to release something that would implement the pets for this set is not something anyone would complain over. In fact, it would not only save people yelling in the forums about "Why my pet isn't available yet!?" but it would save ENDLESS complaints for both store front owners trying to support this game, and online/ebay merchants involved in this game, as to why the product they're buying doesn't even work yet.

Seems like a mighty simple fix over a very big issue. And while some of you might not consider it as such... let me assure you, if you're involved in this TCG and/or the market, it is. It really, really is.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I agree.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Wait so your saying that the case I orderd is basicly useless till 4.3 hits....
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
it sux cuz i preordered all the stuff weeks ago :( now who knows when 4.3 will be out
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Warlock
This is ridiculous. Blizzard knew when the new TCG expansion would hit, they should have released a small patch just addressing this issue weeks ago.

Blizz, you are getting sloppy.
Reply Quote
Uggghhhh, just found this out. Redeemed the code on the site, then headed over to Landro. No Throne of the Tides selection. Me veddy veddy sad.
Reply Quote
yea this sucks.....grabbed an epic collection today. i want my bubble fish
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
Was directed to this forum from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3341757226?page=2

The main problem I have with this is that the expectation has been set in the past for these to be redeemable on launch of the expansion (TCG). There was even a delay on the redeemable loots in BC, and Blizzard released a side patch to address it. I'm not sure why reality vs expectations suddenly changed even though as stated in the previous thread I linked, the tcg expansions are planned months in advance.

I'm pretty upset that the product I invested in, which hasn't let me down in the past, suddenly changed the game on me, without much warning or thought put into what the consumers are accustomed to. I guess once they get my payment, it doesn't really matter when they deliver on the promised goods, right? I believe that Cryptozoic should be just as upset about the delay from Blizzard, it's a part of their product that their customers paid for and cannot take advantage of as they have grown accustomed to.
Edited by Onysablet on 10/11/2011 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Paladin
Awww no Purple Puffer redemption for me for now QQ was looking forward to have him with him floating around and defying the laws of nature :)
Edited by Fisty on 10/11/2011 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The items awarded from the latest TCG loot cards will be added to the game with the release of patch 4.3, so they can't be redeemed before the items exist.

10/10/2011 09:53 AMPosted by Nãecabon
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hi Zarhym. How are you?

I love you.

-RayRay
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
The items awarded from the latest TCG loot cards will be added to the game with the release of patch 4.3, so they can't be redeemed before the items exist.

so essentially, the players who have the ability to redeem a code for said item, actually hold a code for something nonexistent, but is still claimable for that item?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
. you can't use it for a few weeks,

Think again

(months?)

There ya go
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Stop whining. Do it now.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight

so essentially, the players who have the ability to redeem a code for said item, actually hold a code for something nonexistent, but is still claimable for that item?

It's like a digital loan. >.>
Reply Quote
10 Troll Warlock

Ahh... I was curious as to why I couldn't find any images of the Shorestider mount yet. If they're not in the game files yet that would be why.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Are all the TCG loots BoE for this expansion? I've had a sudden urge to start getting the cards to sell the spectral tiger... to keep me interested.

trying to find posideous atm >.> keep hoping it'll be up on a wednesday
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Look at the bright side, now you have MORE to look forward to with 4.3

Congratz on any loot cards you may or may not get by the way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]