$50 to get the Guardian Cub on 5 of my toons?

39 Orc Warlock
Like many others, I'd like to see two different pet SKUs made available - one a single-use item and one something like a heirloom or an item that is sent to all characters on your account, in the same fashion as the Lil'K.T. or similar.

The single-use pet can be 10$ and auctionable, the BoA pet can be 30$ and it's on your account.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The pet would have looked good alongside all my alts who are sporting the winged guardian so it's rather upsetting this is a one char only pet. I really thought we'd gone away from that towards the more alt friendly BoA or even better yet the battle.net BoA concept. This feels like a reverse and I'm posting here to say I'm not happy with this trend.

I really do wish we could have a better solution to pets/mounts for alts than what we have now. I'm tired of alts getting screwed over when it comes to having utility mounts or fun pets.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/11/2011 01:13 PMPosted by Elm
The pet would have looked good alongside all my alts who are sporting the winged guardian so it's rather upsetting this is a one char only pet.

It isn't:

They will eventually be sold on the AH, for nearly no gold at all, from people who are crying over the 10 dollars they spent.

Those will be the new whiner threads on these boards, "Hey Blizzard, you let me sell these mini pets on the AH so I bought 50 of them and can't even sell them for 200 gold each!"

Anyone who can't afford 10 bucks in real life, will have a very viable way of getting them. It may not seem like it now, but this is the exact reason Blizzard is doing it this way. People complained they can't afford 10-20 bucks for this stuff, but would like an option to pay for it with gold. So there you go.
--------------

This is a good strategy to use, if you don't want to spend more than 10 bucks:

Buy it for that main "collection achievement" character, for the 10 bucks.

Wait however long, until they are reasonably priced on the AH, for the other characters.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
All this talk about potential Auction House prices is an attempt to whitewash the real issue; this is a pet being added purely for gold transfers, not a pet being added for pet collectors.

While the only pet I've purchased from the online store was the Hippogryph, with the Japanese Tsunami aid donation, I still feel that this is a move in the wrong direction. Before, the emphasis was on collectors being able to make a one-time purchase and share the results with an entire set of characters. Now, if you were to purchase this new pet for the same cost, you may actually only be getting 1/5th to 1/10th the value of any prior pet purchase, depending on how many characters you play on.

That this pet resembles and compliments a mount that was made available to every character on an account just underlines how poorly this is being handled. Without a separate BoA version, you are quite literally looking at either spending $10 gold per character or a theoretical gold amount that could be as low as 200 during the "glut" to come, but could be into the thousands after the initial wave of purchases has dried up.

There is no possible way to pretend this is anything but a Diablo-3-esque attempt at mixing real money into the gold market with regulation. Attempting to label it as a service to pet collectors is outright mockery of your customer base.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
So rather than paying $10 like the other pets to get them account wide on all my toons, I have to pay $10 for each one on each toon?

Did anyone really think about the customer when this decision was made? I guess from a business standpoint it makes sense cuz you can get some numbskull to pay $50 for 5 toons when he was getting more than that for just $10.

If you want it tradeable....which is a laughable excuse for making it a single use item....then couple that with making it available account wide. The prices on the AH would be cheap cheap cheap....but then it would be tradeable and I'd get to have it on all my toons in one purchase.

This wasn't the best choice ya'll could have made.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Blizzard is not a non profit charity. Don't want to buy the pet for all your characters? Then don't. Seems simple enough to me really. Also the point of making it tradeable and sellable on the AH was entirely to give the customer a choice in whether he pays gold for it or cash. You people are never ever happy.

I don't particularly care that much but let's not be naive. The point of making it tradable is so they sell more digital copies of it and make more $. The whole "giving customers a choice" is pure marketing bs spin. A complete and utter fabrication so people like you read it and believe it and repeat it. The real intent is quite clear.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The "pet" should be a container that contains a BoA item.

When you use the item it does not destroy the BoA. Like the old Blizzcon mount.

Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Warlock
Like many others, I'd like to see two different pet SKUs made available - one a single-use item and one something like a heirloom or an item that is sent to all characters on your account, in the same fashion as the Lil'K.T. or similar.

The single-use pet can be 10$ and auctionable, the BoA pet can be 30$ and it's on your account.
Reverse those prices and we got a deal. No other account-wide store pet was $30, and it better not start now.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Not sure why the old thread was deleted.

I'm going to be honest, as always. I don't like the stuff that Blizzard has been doing lately. Not at all. Puts a bad taste in my mouth, including the gold disguised as a cute little creature. Or the fact that the total cost of buying the game and the expansions is too pricey for new players, and it has put them off from continuing to play in some cases. And still, nothing has been done.

Get real Blizzard.
Edited by Vèil on 10/11/2011 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I think the option for BoA vs BoE would alienate less potential customers, meaning more money for blizz. Add to that if they can just program a simple counter to track who's buying BoE vs BoA it'd probably give more accurate results for this little experiment rather than now where I can't imagine it being easy to track how many buy and use vs buy and sell on AH.

Most of the qq i see on this pet's topics that isn't senseless/ill-informed "baww, blizz is letting people pay to monopolize the game economy"/"baww blizz is selling gold" comes from people like the OP of this topic, and all those voices could be hushed by such an option.

The other qq will just have to inevitably be silenced by the pet coming out and not having any more impact than like 1-5k gold per pet. Asking any more than that will take you a while to sell almost any pet, including the rare drops from the game. Add to that the fact that this is far more accessible than rare pets and anyone buying to AH it can't really ask that much. 10k to be on par with buying gold from a farmer? Won't happen and even if it does it'll probably take a month for the person to finally find someone willing to pay 10k for a pet. That and rather than the gold being dropped into the economy, it's 10k from a player to another player, which is a far cry from 10k from a farmer to a player. Mounts being BoE would actually be more debatable, as while they still tend to take a while to sell, they sell for bigger amounts of g, but this is just a pet.
Edited by Urmomsalich on 10/11/2011 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Disgusting Oozeling > all ... end of discussion.

My Toxic Wasteling > Your Disgusting Oozeling.

Period.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Disgusting Oozeling > all ... end of discussion.

Yeah sorry I have an entire Menagerie that disagrees with you.

at the top of that list of course is Brilliant Kaliri

and I agree with the OP $50 to get the pet on 5 toons is too much, as is $10 to get it on 1 toon... which is why I will be relying on the greed of strangers and simply buying one on the AH once it becomes flooded by greedy people who have little concept of the supply/demand aspect of economics, and access to their parents CC to buy stuff like this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]