trial account and can't turn xp off

(Locked)

20 Human Priest
I've been leveling through BGs and at lvl 15 I turned xp off to get some gear for the 15-19 bgs. However, I just looked at Behsten and he no longer provides the option to turn off xp.

Has turning off xp option been removed from trial accounts?
85 Dwarf Paladin
i'm not certain, but quite possibly
90 Draenei Shaman
Do you have enough gold to turn off your exp? It costs 10g I believe.
90 Gnome Warlock
I've been leveling through BGs and at lvl 15 I turned xp off to get some gear for the 15-19 bgs. However, I just looked at Behsten and he no longer provides the option to turn off xp.

I would guess so, there is no need to have XP off on a trial account, the whole point of them is to try the game up to lvl 20 with no time restriction. They are not meant as a free to play account to twink on.
Support Forum Agent
10/11/2011 07:20 PMPosted by Ýsabell

Yes, it looks like the option for trial accounts to turn off experience was removed. I don't believe they were intended to have such an option, so that was fixed. Sorry for the confusion, Ysabell.
85 Worgen Death Knight
10/11/2011 07:39 PMPosted by Vrakthris

Yes, it looks like the option for trial accounts to turn off experience was removed. I don't believe they were intended to have such an option, so that was fixed. Sorry for the confusion, Ysabell.

Many thanks Vrak. There have been some... irritated... players in the New Player forum questioning this. I've quoted your answer. Hopefully the FAQ will get updated to indicate this at some point.
Edited by Nullwolf on 10/11/2011 7:47 PM PDT
20 Human Priest
Thanks for the confirmation, Vrak.
19 Human Warrior
10/11/2011 07:39 PMPosted by Vrakthris

Thanks for the clarification!
Support Forum Agent
Many thanks Vrak. There have been some... irritated... players in the New Player forum questioning this. I've quoted your answer. Hopefully the FAQ will get updated to indicate this at some point.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. We had a post here on this yesterday but I couldn't find anything at the time so I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not. I received notice when I came in today that it was altered.

Hopefully the Support Article can be updated in the next few days.
60 Troll Hunter
10/11/2011 08:03 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Hopefully the Support Article can be updated in the next few days.

This would be really great, I post fairly regularly in the New Player forums and there are some bits on the Trial FAQ that are either inaccurate or outdated.
20 Human Paladin
Right when things were looking good for me, this happens. That was a lame move Blizzard.... Couldn't even give the frees a chance...
90 Gnome Warlock
10/11/2011 10:42 PMPosted by Chickpally
Right when things were looking good for me, this happens. That was a lame move Blizzard.... Couldn't even give the frees a chance...

It's a trial account, it is not a "free to play I wanna twink and not pay" account.
20 Human Paladin
Oh sorry "Mr. Cash In His Pocket" Gawd, dont need to troll on my comment...
90 Gnome Warlock
10/11/2011 10:53 PMPosted by Chickpally

Not trolling, answering your "question" or rather your accusation that this was lame on Blizzard's part. I'm sorry but the fact is these are not free to play accounts. They are trials, if you want to turn off experience or play the full game you will have to buy it and spend the 15.00 a month to play.

And I am in no ways "Mr. Cash In His Pocket", in fact I've had to take many an extended vacations from the game because I do not have the funds to play, however that is what we have to do sometimes. I'm not going to complain because Blizzard treats the trial like a trial.
90 Goblin Mage
10/11/2011 10:53 PMPosted by Chickpally
Actually, your post is the one trolling someone who provided you with a correct answer.
19 Blood Elf Rogue

It's a trial account, it is not a "free to play I wanna twink and not pay" account.

actually many players are playing F2P as twink....20's. not gonna mention the site, but there are many trials who reactivated when F2P rolled that have old grandfathered gear, also many "knowledgeable" players who know what to do, what to farm, etc that jumped onto the F2P program.

there are F2P 20's that where full BOA geared within the first weekend of the F2P due to i believe was near a WSG or AB weekend. true new F2P account players...possible prospects were farmed relentlessly by experienced players, already in full BIS blue's from quests/dungeons , limited enchants, PVP trinkets, arena grandmaster trinkets (some already had 2) that true new never played WOW F2P would have no clue about.

also there are P2P-20's that hold themselves to F2P restrictions (100 proffession limit), but all in all....they farm new subscriber prospectees too

most new never played WOW F2P's hit 20 at around 600-900 health points and they roll into the 20-24 XP off bracket facing F2P-20 twinks 1200-1800+ heatlh points and worse yet P2P-24 twinks that have full BOAs including helms with 2000 - 3000 health points, extra spells, talents, access to even better gear.

stopping F2P from turning off XP at 19, getting gear and having to face other P2P-19 who have full enchants, BOA helm access was not hurting F2P who might be prospective subscribers, because they are not in the same BGs, and can not farm them

imo....someone at blizzard is punching in the wrong direction, is misguided, is uninformed.
Edited by Åzzi on 10/11/2011 11:35 PM PDT
90 Goblin Mage
Azzi, your entire post is false since the trial accounts cannot trade or receive mail so would not be able to have BoA gear at all. There also is not a f2p version of the game for anyone who had a full account.
19 Blood Elf Rogue
10/11/2011 11:33 PMPosted by Moriarty
Azzi, your entire post is false since the trial accounts cannot trade or receive mail so would not be able to have BoA gear at all. There also is not a f2p version of the game for anyone who had a full account.

F2P get BOA thru honor points....with those honor points they can also convert them to justice points...simple, don't need mail

F2P 20 twink players know this, have both honor and justice points BOA/heirlooms

true new players would not know this, and amazed a 85 wouldn't know this?

P2P-20's are made by players who have full sub'd accounts, they make a 20 twink (turn XP-off) and they hold themselves to the restrictions as if they are a F2P-20. like don't use BOA helms, full enchants, or anything above the 100 profession limit placed on F2P-20's. in doing so they play with the F2P-20 twinks
Edited by Åzzi on 10/11/2011 11:46 PM PDT
20 Troll Hunter
i firmly believe that blactivision can offer trial accts however they like. i don't wanna be preached to by self styled corporate reps with horrible attitudes the way i've seen in other threads about how trialies are a bunch of leeches (which is why i've previously chosen not to address my game related questions here).

i currently give my gaming dollar to another online game and was tempted by wow because of the unlimited amount of time i can use the trial version of the product. this corporation wants my gaming dollar and is competing for it by coming up with this plan. THEY ARE NOT GIVING ME ANYTHING FOR FREE. I AM NOT A LEECH. i am evaluating their product at their behest. over and over again, potential customers are being turned off by the fact that the company does not allow them to post their feedback and the only ones responding are other players treating us like scum of the earth.

i've been playing the game for roughly 3 wks and enjoying it for the most part...obviously taking my time as you can see from what level i locked off at. i am still unsure about whether i want to purchase the product and subscription because i haven't had time to really evaluate all the professions, etc. my experience in pvp has been limited (got a few matches in from level 10 to almost dinging 11) because there is NO activity in 10-14 xp-off bracket...a massive failure on blactivision's part that hurts paying customers as well. scheduled pvp? seriously? is that like if i purchased netflix acct and i would have to schedule my movie watching?

while i cannot truly complain about this new hotfix, even that it was sudden and not announced, i have to say that i will not really be able to truly evaluate the product and make a decision of whether or not to purchase a sub. the only thing being stuck in 20-24 xp-off will prove is what i suspect already, that pvp is overly gear oriented and maybe the game is not for me. still, considering my investment in the game, i would have liked to have been given a fair evaluation. i will probably still go ahead and "finish" my trial character and allow myself the pleasure of being disgusted by being farmed in the 20-24 brack before actually abandoning the game.

so, thank you for the free trial...perhaps you could have let me finish chewing the cracker before yanking it back out of my mouth.

my apologies for essentially abusing this thread to post feedback, but i wish that i was treated like a potential valued customer and have been given a forum to do so instead of being dumped in a forum where people talk down to others in a way they would never have the guts to in face to face situations. not counting that shady tauren guy...he's pretty cool.
60 Troll Hunter
Let me clarify something for you Disco stu. Most of the posters I know (I usually post in the new player forums) Have Nothing against most trial players. What we have problems with are trial players who keep asking for more stuff for free. I agree that the 10 day trial was too short. I think it was a mis step to market it as Free to Play personally though. I'd love for more people to be introduced to the Azeroth I have come to love so much.

To address a few of your concerns. In all aspects of the game this is the order of importance of things in order to succeed. Skill>Gear>Class/race. Yes you'll want to wear appropriate gear but for PvP especially Gear is very easy to come by. Even when you loose Random battlegrounds at level cap you still get easily 100-200 Honor points.

For the XP off 10-14 bracket I don't see how Blizzard can force people to queue for that bracket. It's not really Blizzards fault people don't choose to twink there. If you leave your XP gains on you'll pop a queue in no time I promise :). For whatever reason 19 happens to be the popular twink level. There are also quite a few who twink at 70.

Once you have a paid account (if you choose to go that route) If you have any suggestions on how to improve that bracket post it in the PvP section. More than a few ideas/suggestions that players have kicked around have made it in game.

I'm also going to add one more thing here. Please don't think that all people in the forums are a like. We get our jerks but understand it's kind of like in customer service the happy people tend to keep quiet and to themselves the angry/upset ones not so much. There are a lot of nice helpful people out there. We just might not always be as vocal.

Happy gaming (whichever game it is you decide to play)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]