trial account and can't turn xp off

(Locked)

20 Troll Hunter
thanks, Jilixx, perhaps i should have clarified about the xp-off brackets...wow certainly boasts about having millions of players and to reduce queue times even more have recently allowed for queuing to occur from any/all b-groups (in u.s. anyway), so it's not the number of players available or whether or not wow can force or even encourage pvp. the problem lies in the xp-on/xp-off divisions...a fix implemented to protect underachievers from twinks, an improper fix, imo.

edit: you may be right about priorities as well, but from the best i can tell from the perspective i'm allowed to have it's that skill is secondary to gear...that it is more about levelling to get the gear since nearly all gear has a level requirement, one thing i dislike about the game.
Edited by Discóstü on 10/12/2011 2:14 AM PDT
60 Troll Hunter
I'm not going to agree or disagree on that too much as the only PvP I do is at level cap or when I've done dungeons too much while leveling an alt and need a break.

Part of the reason though I believe XP off brackets were created was also to try not leave such a bad taste of low level PvP in very new players mouths. As I said I post regularly in the New Player Help and Guides forum. And many of these new players it's the very MMO or even video game they've ever picked up.

It can be very disheartening when you see this new feature unlocked at level 10 and have no idea what your gearing is supposed to be or what to do and end up getting camped at the GY the entire battle. If a bad taste is left in their mouths they aren't likely to queue again and that's just sad, PvP can be a lot of fun once you have an idea of what to do.

/shrugs

I try to see things from both sides of the story. While I can understand the frustrations of the long queues of people who like to twink I can also see the frustrations of the first time player getting ROFLstomped in their first attempt at WSG.
20 Troll Hunter
could agree with this line of logic except that xp-off goes all the way to the top, not just low level players. i'm sure it was a consideration, i agree the decision was based on making paying players happier...just that it was a bad fix, that something else should have been done.
90 Blood Elf Mage
The decision to have an xp-off bracket was, to my best understanding, originally requested by players who wanted more of a challenge instead of pitting their twinks against non-twinks all the time.
60 Troll Hunter
True enough I wish I had a better fix but really I'm better at playing games than coming up with things to fix them. Creative development is not my calling in life I'm afraid.
90 Gnome Warlock
10/12/2011 07:42 AMPosted by Cellebate
Doesn't matter, with heirloomed characters in the exp on brackets, you get the same affect as if there were twinks. Good job on that one Blizzard.

Blizzard has never said they don't want twinks. It simply is not a supported playing style. Blizzard tried to do something nice by making the trials unlimited time up level 20. If people are going to take advantage of that what exactly can Blizzard do?

They did not mean for the trials to be used as free to play twinking accounts, there are very tight restricions on the accounts already. I'm not sure what else you would want them to do. If they add more restrictions then people aren't going to be able to try the game at all.

I personally have no problem with people playing on trial accounts. What I have a problem with are people trying to use the accounts as a free to play account. However with the restrictions that are already in place I can't see how anyone would want to use it as an actuall account.
thanks, Jilixx, perhaps i should have clarified about the xp-off brackets...wow certainly boasts about having millions of players and to reduce queue times even more have recently allowed for queuing to occur from any/all b-groups (in u.s. anyway), so it's not the number of players available or whether or not wow can force or even encourage pvp. the problem lies in the xp-on/xp-off divisions...a fix implemented to protect underachievers from twinks, an improper fix, imo.

edit: you may be right about priorities as well, but from the best i can tell from the perspective i'm allowed to have it's that skill is secondary to gear...that it is more about levelling to get the gear since nearly all gear has a level requirement, one thing i dislike about the game.

That wasn't a "fix" for that. Not to be rude, but you may want to be involved in the game for more than 3 weeks before making false pronouncements on the forums.

Originally, battlegrounds did not provide experience at all at any level. When they added experience to Battlegrounds they allowed players the choice of receiving experience or not. If you do choose to twink, you are placed in a twink queue rather than with levelers who are just passing through. The reason for this was the twink population themselves. They say they wanted to play with other characters who take Battlegrounds seriously and strive to have the best gear and play one bracket for long periods of time.

So it was the twinks themselves who begged for that, not the "underachievers" as you like to call them. Twinks seemed to desire a sense of community with their peers.

Also, in a game that is predominately PvE, you don't see much of the game at all leveling to 20, but you do see enough to know if you want a $19.99 investment.

10/12/2011 07:42 AMPosted by Cellebate
Doesn't matter, with heirloomed characters in the exp on brackets, you get the same affect as if there were twinks. Good job on that one Blizzard.

How long is an experience on, heirloomed player in any one bracket? They move in and out so fast they may get a couple of battles and they are gone.
Edited by Mandï on 10/12/2011 8:06 AM PDT
19 Blood Elf Priest
DOS
problem with heirloom players in leveling brackets, is that they outgear inexperienced new account ot trial warcraft players by a landslide

yeah they level thru fast but the cycle is continuous, as those level out more heirloom players arrive. some say that is balance...i disagree.

heirlooms are so OP against new players it's not funny for them or enjoyable. new players like a level 10 roll into a battleground lucky to even have 1-3 greens with a stat point here and there.

my pvp heirloom staff with enchant out does alone what ten new account owners would have when they reach level-10

btw...this player i'm posting with, was built months ago to enter the XP-on BG system and a prime example of what new warcraft players face. but my time expired and have not re-up'd

problem with heirloom players in leveling brackets, is that they outgear inexperienced new account ot trial warcraft players by a landslide

yeah they level thru fast but the cycle is continuous, as those level out more heirloom players arrive. some say that is balance...i disagree.

heirlooms are so OP against new players it's not funny for them or enjoyable. new players like a level 10 roll into a battleground lucky to even have 1-3 greens with a stat point here and there.

my pvp heirloom staff with enchant out does alone what ten new account owners would have when they reach level-10

btw...this player i'm posting with, was built months ago to enter the XP-on BG system and a prime example of what new warcraft players face. but my time expired and have not re-up'd

Isn't that always the difference between experienced, full account holders and new players just walking in for the first time? Instead of complaining about heirlooms, acquire some for yourself. Even trial account characters can get heirlooms. There is a long guide on the new player forum discussing just how to get these items.

Otherwise, if you are suggesting that the game should be balanced around new players who are entering PvP for the first time, with no knowledge of gear, your post would be better suited to one of the PvP forums as a suggestion. Please fully describe your suggestion there so it can be discussed by those who are knowledgable on that topic.

Customer Support is for the assistance of those with in-game or paid service questions.
Edited by Mandï on 10/12/2011 10:20 AM PDT
19 Blood Elf Priest
DOS
not suggesting anything...just commenting

twinks were moved into their own XP on brackets, that way they could not abuse new account levelers and competed amongst themselevs.

heirlooms...imo, put twinks back in the BGs with new account levelers. the cycle is continuous and bad for the game,

i look at my level 10, who is not a 10 twink...and lol..........30% damage reduction from resilience, that imo should not be in the game at low levels

90 Blood Elf Warrior
So what happens when a trial account hits level 20? Do they just stop gaining levels or does the toon get locked out?
90 Gnome Warlock
10/12/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Geladriel
So what happens when a trial account hits level 20? Do they just stop gaining levels or does the toon get locked out?

They stop gaining levels...
60 Troll Hunter
Once you hit 20 you just stop gaining xp. You can continue questing running dungons or doing PvP. If you choose to upgrade to the full version you'll have all the characters you had on the trial (make sure you upgrade the trial and not make a second account!) And can continue leveling :)
20 Troll Hunter
blizzard isn't being "nice" by doing anything. i'll repeat blizzard isn't giving anything away to anyone. THEY courted MY business. they want my money so they begged me to play their game in the hopes i'd like it enough to pay.

also of note, i've read in many threads people defending blizz saying it was never their intention for trial accounts to be free to play. this is BS and i'm surprised that people who aren't being paid by blizzard are pushing this BS for them. the ads ALL say "PLAY WOW FOR FREE UP TO LEVEL 20". when blizzard officially said to its members that trial accounts were never intended to be free to play, did they change their line of advertising? NO. who then are they lying to and why would anyone not being paid by them defend this?

regarding separate xp on/off brackets being a result of blizzard being nice to twinks who requested it, this is the first thread i've seen the suggestion. every other thread i've read on the matter suggested the opposite. i made no pronouncements that i hadn't read several times and the whole "not to be rude, but you're an a-hole" attitude doesn't make your comments in this thread constructive.

while it's possible the threads i previously read on separate xp on/off brackets could have been wrong, i personally don't believe it. all those twinks who camp graveyards really don't appear to be wishing for competition. i'm going to be a prophet now and predict that since all trial accts are going straight to 20, you'll see most paid 19 twinks go to 24.
86 Goblin Warlock
also of note, i've read in many threads people defending blizz saying it was never their intention for trial accounts to be free to play. this is BS and i'm surprised that people who aren't being paid by blizzard are pushing this BS for them. the ads ALL say "PLAY WOW FOR FREE UP TO LEVEL 20". when blizzard officially said to its members that trial accounts were never intended to be free to play, did they change their line of advertising? NO. who then are they lying to and why would anyone not being paid by them defend this?

They make it 100% clear when you create a trial account what the restrictions will be.
Support Forum Agent
I think we're done here.

This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]