Learning about twinks READ THIS MMMKAY?

70 Undead Mage
Btw for any pvpers that Might want to join, this is my forum post in the Battleground forums
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229386845

Hey I'm numbfrost twink and guild leader of the twink guild <BattleMasters> I thought I would come onto OUR realm forums and post so people would know whats up with the 70 bracket =]

We do a lot of the 70 raids weekly, Sunwell and BT EVERY week and I try to make it a good place for 85s also. (So I dont just give EVERYTHING to 70 twinks and I try to help 85 get cool models for transmogg and such.) I have found a few 85's who come to all my runs for the fun and they know I'm not a ninja or a bad person or w/e :P

70 Twinks =/= bad players. Were all not here because we couldn't reach a rating @ level 85, were here because we like seeing similar people in random BGs / arenas / RBGs, we like the fact that we only gear up once, we like the fact that the damge - health difference makes the game faster, we like old content.

If anyone would like to try us out you can mail / msg me ingame or post here. We have a bunch of new recruits xfering / leveling alts to come join our Rbgs right now.

I am sorry for my inviting for old raids in tradechat all the time, I hope you all forgive me =]

- Numbfrost
Edited by Numbfrost on 10/14/2011 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
P.S. I have this item that was removed in cataclysm Ripped Ogre Loincloth If anyone wants it hit me up with a offer, I have not seen many bank toons / level 1 twinks but thats what its for. Never binds and like any item removed from the game is worth holding onto.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The problem I see here is, and I say this with all due respect.

When you advertise 70s twink guild, obviously the people you will attract are those who see you do Sunwell BT every week and naturally would like to tag along.

Now, how many 85s would want to do that? Why do they get out of those old content? A one-time achievement, some tranny gears. Meanwhile they are carrying all the 70s who don't tank, don't heal, and don't do nearly as much dps (what was the highest DPS back in TBC, 3kish?)

While I'm not saying the 70s are all leechers and don't want to help, I'm sure they are all trying their hardest but their impact will still be negligible, if they want they can literally AFK the fights until loot time and the encounter wouldn't have gone much differently. Seems to me this is a paradise for any 70 twinks, do nothing, yet still get gear priority.

But all of that just means you'll be getting more and more 70s who want a free ride, and eventually you'll run out 85s who are willing to help because they get relatively nothing out of it compare to the effort they have to put in just to get the 70s geared out. But hey maybe one day you'll be able to pull off a Sunwell run with only 70s, I mean you guys are all pretty geared right? People had done it with worse stuff back in 2.4.3. But nah, somehow I don't see that happening, I can imagine it too, game is not fun when you have to put in that much effort just for gear.
Edited by Porkky on 10/12/2011 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
People enjoy this game for numerous reasons.

Some people like rewards like gear, achievements, higher pvp ratings, or fluff items like mounts and pets. Some people like less tangible things like the company of hanging out with other people or just doing something besides sitting around in the city.

For most of the high end level 70 content you only need a handful of level 85s. So if Numbfrost can find a few level 85s who come just to hang out or to grind up some cash then she'll be fine. She did also mention that level 85s would get gear for transmog -- that will at least drum up a little interest in trade chat. I compare it to me running people through BoT and BWD each week. I don't need any gear that drops but I go because my friends want to go and it's annoying to see them fail with pugs.

I think a large part of the twinking game is the familiar faces in battlegrounds and arenas. To me that makes the social aspect a larger part than it is for level 85 PVP'ers.

The best solution is for some of the level 70s to have level 85 geared alts (at least through justice points) and to take turns running each other.

Anyways, best of luck Numbfrost.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I think I'd like to do this on a 70 toon if there were no 85s coming along. I dunno if I would put a lot of time into it, but it'd be more fun then getting carried by 85s, even if we weren't able to clear it.

With the new talent trees, and well as glyphs and stuff, even 70s are way more OP then they were back then, so it probably wouldn't be as hard as it was, unless it was a lot of bad players.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
The problem I see here is, and I say this with all due respect.

When you advertise 70s twink guild, obviously the people you will attract are those who see you do Sunwell BT every week and naturally would like to tag along.

Now, how many 85s would want to do that? Why do they get out of those old content? A one-time achievement, some tranny gears. Meanwhile they are carrying all the 70s who don't tank, don't heal, and don't do nearly as much dps (what was the highest DPS back in TBC, 3kish?)

While I'm not saying the 70s are all leechers and don't want to help, I'm sure they are all trying their hardest but their impact will still be negligible, if they want they can literally AFK the fights until loot time and the encounter wouldn't have gone much differently. Seems to me this is a paradise for any 70 twinks, do nothing, yet still get gear priority.

But all of that just means you'll be getting more and more 70s who want a free ride, and eventually you'll run out 85s who are willing to help because they get relatively nothing out of it compare to the effort they have to put in just to get the 70s geared out. But hey maybe one day you'll be able to pull off a Sunwell run with only 70s, I mean you guys are all pretty geared right? People had done it with worse stuff back in 2.4.3. But nah, somehow I don't see that happening, I can imagine it too, game is not fun when you have to put in that much effort just for gear.

I'm talking about 85's to join and REROLL a toon to 70, not to join and be ON there 85, that wouldnt be ANY fun for them :P Me and other 70 twinks (Since im full best in slot gear) can go on our 85s to help ease the run whenever we need to.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
10/12/2011 08:54 PMPosted by Edhrislol
70 twinks = bad players.

Ya... Trying to talk to people like you with this post

People enjoy this game for numerous reasons.

Some people like rewards like gear, achievements, higher pvp ratings, or fluff items like mounts and pets. Some people like less tangible things like the company of hanging out with other people or just doing something besides sitting around in the city.

For most of the high end level 70 content you only need a handful of level 85s. So if Numbfrost can find a few level 85s who come just to hang out or to grind up some cash then she'll be fine. She did also mention that level 85s would get gear for transmog -- that will at least drum up a little interest in trade chat. I compare it to me running people through BoT and BWD each week. I don't need any gear that drops but I go because my friends want to go and it's annoying to see them fail with pugs.

I think a large part of the twinking game is the familiar faces in battlegrounds and arenas. To me that makes the social aspect a larger part than it is for level 85 PVP'ers.

The best solution is for some of the level 70s to have level 85 geared alts (at least through justice points) and to take turns running each other.

Anyways, best of luck Numbfrost.

Thanks, I have lead TONS of 85 raids so far and ya all of your things are true =]

Please note Kalytha's Haunted Locket is currently bugged, and if you log out with the buff up you turn into a female... So I'm a guy :P :P

EDIT: The item turns your Armory / Forum toon into a female, untill you log in take off the buff and log back out :P
Edited by Numbfrost on 10/13/2011 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
I think I'd like to do this on a 70 toon if there were no 85s coming along. I dunno if I would put a lot of time into it, but it'd be more fun then getting carried by 85s, even if we weren't able to clear it.

With the new talent trees, and well as glyphs and stuff, even 70s are way more OP then they were back then, so it probably wouldn't be as hard as it was, unless it was a lot of bad players.

We did kara all 70 players twice now, if we had enough people who arnt ONLY interested in 70 pvp we could def pull off some of the 25man raids (since kara is the LAST 10man raid @ 70 after they stole Zul Aman from us.)

A 70 twink guild on another server that does PvE did a 11man clear of sunwell with ONLY level 70s, but there hardcore dragonslayers :O I'm sure we could do things like Gruul's lair and such with 15man no problem-o, in our peak times we can get 15 twinks on... but thats for RBGs and premades, not raids really O.o
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
70 is srs, Always lookin for a few more to get in our RBGs =] =]
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Please note Kalytha's Haunted Locket is currently bugged, and if you log out with the buff up you turn into a female... So I'm a guy :P :P

EDIT: The item turns your Armory / Forum toon into a female, untill you log in take off the buff and log back out :P

Good to know, sorry for the confusion sir.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage

Good to know, sorry for the confusion sir.

Aha :P I'm back to my normal self =]
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
10/13/2011 03:47 PMPosted by Numbfrost
I'm talking about 85's to join and REROLL a toon to 70, not to join and be ON there 85, that wouldnt be ANY fun for them :P Me and other 70 twinks (Since im full best in slot gear) can go on our 85s to help ease the run whenever we need to.

Oh, I am certainly interested in this, as long as it is 70s the majority of the time. I have a 69 Hunter i can level up very soon. I'll contact you in game for an invite.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
10/14/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Amerrol

Oh, I am certainly interested in this, as long as it is 70s the majority of the time. I have a 69 Hunter i can level up very soon. I'll contact you in game for an invite.

Kk im not logged in right now, but I wil be in 5 - 6 hours. as for the "As long as it is 70's the majority of the time"

There ARE 70s - 74s in our bracket, but the fact of leveling PAST 70 (Say to 74?) you lose 25%! of your secondary stats, if your a really well geared hunter you might hit 50% crit, so the fact of leveling to 74 would place you at 37.5%, plus the same effect for haste / resilience and all that stuff.

The only classes that level past 70 and dont LOSE an advantage are 1. One handed axe users for a set of axes @ 71 that are very very hard to obtain (Archaeology leveled on two toons.) And ret pallys / druids for there key abilitys (Avenging Wrath wings, and Cyclone.)

95% of the twinks in our bracket are 70, and leveling past 70 makes it so you cant join a new arena team or swich teams or invite new players to your arena team (So we see one lvl 71-74 in our arenas about once every 100 arenas or so.
If your going to play the hunter, be warned you do NOT have deterance at that level, so you WILL need to stack resil so you don't get trained to death in every fight. Hunters at our level rely on Aimed Shot / Chimiara shot combo that takes someone from full hp to low (Depending on how much resil they have, but its a DEADLY combo.) I think of hunters in our brackets about the same as Arcane Mages, easily trainable but deadly burst if left alone. You can stack resil to 50% damage reduction if you never want to die, but around 30% should be good so you can still put out great dps and its harder for teams to train you to death.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
10/14/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Amerrol

Ohh.... your talking about PVE??? If you want to we can start out with mag / gruul and see how we do, maybe do a weekly tempest keep / kara for the mounts?

Let me know if you ment pve or pvp =]
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
68 is the lowest level to enter a 70 raid (Kara) We can do a 70 only kara for a few bosses this weekend (Saturday?)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Yeah, I was talking about PvE. Kara, Mag, and Gruul for now would be fine for me, as this would just be something to do casually. Maybe TK once people are geared (dunno how many geared 70s you have).

I'm not really that interested in PvP in general, so I doubt 70 PvP would keep my attention for long.
Edited by Amerrol on 10/14/2011 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
Yeah, I was talking about PvE. Kara, Mag, and Gruul for now would be fine for me, as this would just be something to do casually. Maybe TK once people are geared (dunno how many geared 70s you have).

I'm not really that interested in PvP in general, so I doubt 70 PvP would keep my attention for long.

70 pvp = 85 pvp

Only difference is its faster (You do more damage / healing compared to your life pool)

We have a lot of well geared pve players (Because we run SOO MANY sunwells / Bts, we outgear the old content HARD.) Plus the fact that its been nerfed and level 70's are stronger then they used to be do to changes and how scaling works with abilitys

If someone put something on the cal / Guild message of the day, and gave people time to set up I'm sure we could clear Mag / Gruul (We did kara twice with only 70's as I said, and it was VERY fun so I can get the same people to come to any raids we choose to do, if we give them enough time to prepare.

You Are Not Prepared!
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage

70 pvp = 85 pvp

Only difference is its faster (You do more damage / healing compared to your life pool)

We have a lot of well geared pve players (Because we run SOO MANY sunwells / Bts, we outgear the old content HARD.) Plus the fact that its been nerfed and level 70's are stronger then they used to be do to changes and how scaling works with abilitys

If someone put something on the cal / Guild message of the day, and gave people time to set up I'm sure we could clear Mag / Gruul (We did kara twice with only 70's as I said, and it was VERY fun so I can get the same people to come to any raids we choose to do, if we give them enough time to prepare.

You Are Not Prepared!

No, 70 pvp does not = 85 pvp lmao. Tazik Shocker lololol.

Well... ya BESIDES like..... Legendary staff and incoming legendary dagger? 85 bracket is just as broken.

P.S. HAI ALURI, SECOND TIME WE MET /HUG
Edited by Numbfrost on 10/15/2011 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]