1.35% of all wow players completed normal FL

1 Dwarf Hunter
10/13/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
As others have pointed out, your 1.35% is just wrong due to the stats MMO is stating, but whatever, we’re not going to reveal any of our internal numbers to show how wrong you are, or discount the numbers posted on MMO for that matter. I will say they’re likely as accurate as they can be. Meaning, they’re wrong, but at no fault of theirs simply due to the data they have available to them. While we do have data we pull and review very regularly, it’s not always a true measure of success or failure without considering the context.

What is the Context of the Success or Failure of Class Representation in certain pvp roles and game-types?

What does your data show you and what do you hope to achieve for your next goals?
10/13/2011 12:00 AMPosted by Ondskan
After it got nerfed. Personally i never had the chance to get even close simply because my previous guild xferred to horde and i just pvp casually now.

people arent smart enough to move out of fire. its not hard

Either its

a: cant see it due to a horrible computer
b: lag and get hit by it anyway
c: flat out terrible
85 Tauren Death Knight
10/13/2011 04:04 PMPosted by Legendaîry
As others have pointed out, your 1.35% is just wrong due to the stats MMO is stating, but whatever, we’re not going to reveal any of our internal numbers to show how wrong you are, or discount the numbers posted on MMO for that matter. I will say they’re likely as accurate as they can be. Meaning, they’re wrong, but at no fault of theirs simply due to the data they have available to them. While we do have data we pull and review very regularly, it’s not always a true measure of success or failure without considering the context.

I have trouble believing their stats are wrong if you're refusing to post the true stats. In fact, the refusal to post the true stats lends credence to their stats being right and Blizzard not wanting the players to know it's possible to get accurate stats via the armory. Besides, why does Blizzard fear sharing statistical information like this so much? A competitor can't use it against you, players will have a more accurate base for debating poin.... oooh... nevermind, i see now.

Yea, there are some Blizzard policies that make it look like they're intentionally keeping us at each other's throats. Not /tinfoiling here, it just looks that way.
90 Draenei Shaman
Completely untrue.

People who are leveling their 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th alts experience less challenge.

People who are doing it for the first time have plenty to occupy themselves.

People doing it for the second time have a similar yet different challenge as they are supported by the resources from their first character.

You forget how hard learning the "basics" of the game is. It's plenty hard.

This game isn't hard at all at any level compared to many games out there. It has a lot of depth, sure, but depth != hard.

The game is much easier now than it was back in vanilla and BC, when players were much closer together in what they were capable of. You're not helping someone learn by
a) having no spec-based tutorials
b) having such a huge delta between top and bottom
c) giving players nothing but addition and subraction problems when preparing them for trigonometry (normal mode raids) or calculus (heroic raids)
85 Draenei Paladin
10/13/2011 04:02 PMPosted by Ryegeleye
What I'm describing in the pug scenario is wiping to the same thing, over and over again, because that analysis did not happen and there's no effort to make a change. Then the group disbands with everyone calling each other bad. My example is regular mode Magmaw.

That's why i said I see your logic. You are absolutely right,in logic, but even in pugs I notice that "raiders" quit the most. Every pug I have done on all my toons I see that people that have not previously raided stick it out. some have issues but most of them actually learn and they are determined to get that kill no matter what.

Why? because they need to if they want another shot at raiding. They need the shot at the gear and the absolutely need the achieve for more pugs. It's mostly people with head and shoulder T-11/T-12 that drop and call people bads. Even when it's them doing bad they still quit at the slightest issue.

When I stepped into FL day 1 I was doing 23K DPS in 350 gear. On average I did 17K but I peaked at 23K regularly and remained top 3 DPS in a 25 man. There were countless people in 100% 359 gear that died repeatedly, as well as pulled 13K DPS...then died repeatedly some more. I'm no raider but I have to wonder about the so called skills of some of those leet raiders at this point.

So basically. I get what you are saying and i do agree with you. It's just that in my experience it is those who actually raid often that mess things up and ruin everyone's day. Too much pride and not enough skill/compassion in my opinion.
82 Blood Elf Warlock
Why are we freaking out about less than 2%?
10 Human Paladin
bashiok if the numbers are wrong then what's so hard in correcting it

there's really no need for secrecy from gaming developers to it's consumers.

I think they're actually pretty close which is more the point to your figures.

it's definately not 50% of the playerbase that has done firelands, I'd say more like 10% max

85 Tauren Paladin
Normal FL is really a joke lol. After the nerf, the trash is harder than the bosses pretty much if you guys EVEN gave FL a chance. My friend just started raiding and he managed to pug normal ragn down or at least get to Domo so the one who are complaining are the ones not even attempting to raid and hope for free tier sets in exchange for their valor points.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If those numbers are correct, just goes to show majority of the money paid to blizzard is wasted on minority.
85 Draenei Paladin
On the subject of multiple difficulty settings...
Can we get that with the Raid finders?

The developers tend to underestimate the willingness of many skilled players of do the organizational work to put together a balanced raid. Speaking as a former raider and multi year vet, encounter difficulty has little to do me raiding so little this expansion. I'd just rather not play wow than go through the hassle of putting together a pug raid or joining a regularly scheduled raid. Don't like the extra time sensitive scheduling in this point of my life, where I didn't mind it all in my school days where I had so much free time.

I fully accept the higher failure rate of a normal mode and heroic mode pug raid. That way I can attempt the content I wish on the difficulty setting that I want to run it.

Recognize the decline for what it is. A lack of interest in the "log on at x time, on y char, to clear raids content from time a to b" model.

This, a thousand times this.The guild i ran called it quits after clearing t11 in normal back in february. Many of us we were just no longer willing and/or able to make the necessary time commitments to each other, and i was getting increasingly frustrated and burnt out trying to field extras and replacements to accommodate those that were. I've let my subscription lapse off and on since then, about half of my guild has quit altogether while the rest are playing very casually, only 2 are still actively raiding.

I've played this game for 6 years and had a blast for most all of it. This will be the first time ever i've wholly skipped a raid tier, I've not done a single boss in the firelands; and i do miss it. So i am extremely excited for the raid finder, i've already talked to a couple of my buddies about coming back and we're all looking foreward to being able to simply log on when we have the time and play the game together.

That said. We have been talking about just how nerf'd the content will have to be to be accessible in a dungeon finder type setting and we've accepted the fact that it probably won't be the worlds most satisfying raid experience, as we're used to pushing heroic level content. I think the idea to have higher difficulty settings would be a great feature to add to the raid finder down the line. Obviously it'd have to work differently, likely ona per boss basis rather than wings, and the qualifications would have to be stricter. But i know that such a system would be immensely enjoyable for people like me. Just something to think about for the future.
I find myself spending more time on school than playing WoW. I'd love to continue but time doesn't really permit it. 5 mans bore me and I really like raiding.

Basically. I agree with this. I don't care if I wipe 35 times on a boss just to have my gear "ninja'd" by another player(I use that stupid word to just emphasis a point). I'd rather at least have a shot at killing a boss with a group of players than not because of time constraints and people demanding the achieve already as well as over inflated gear.
90 Draenei Mage
The control of movement, kiting/control of adds, random 50+% health splats to the entire raid, interrupting while simultaneously DPSing AND not standing in fire, all of that is beyond impossible to someone new to the game. A new player can't even comprehend what's going on. A new player can't even comprehend HOW to comprehend it.

I understand that people who have done it for years would like increasing challenges, but as Bashiok pointed out, that is a hill very few people are ever going to climb. Going from sitting down in front of an MMORPG for the first time, to a 10-man boss kill with Cataclysm mechanics, there's an absolutely immense amount of skill and knowledge that has to be acquired.

There is supposed to be a middle ground, and the game is removing that more and more. The mentality now seems to suggest you create your toon, level up in the blink of an eye, and go see Deathwing right away! There's no game supported instruction along the way, and shortening the time between level 1 and 85 only narrows the window the game has to help people.

In BC you could not hit max level in 2 weeks, unless you literally played 24/7. Even then it might not have been possible. But you can now. The game isn't assisting new people how to play, and that's what needs to change.
Edited by Ryegeleye on 10/13/2011 4:22 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
I think they need to move into dynamic systems. I would love to see a bounty system in wow. Some realms already do this in RP between Horde and Alliance. Let me tell you those were AMAZING.

Its so much fun its incredible. It takes a lot of work and dedication yet I would love for things like that to become mainstream.

You guys said you had plans to get people out of SW and Org. I hope Darkmoon Faire, Transmorg aren't the only things.

I would love reasons to go out of cities instead of the every grinding, Achvs, farming, old quests or those sorts of runs.

That actually sounds amazing.
85 Human Hunter
being able to participate in this game sucks since cata
10/13/2011 04:14 PMPosted by Darenl
Normal FL is really a joke lol. After the nerf, the trash is harder than the bosses pretty much if you guys EVEN gave FL a chance. My friend just started raiding and he managed to pug normal ragn down or at least get to Domo so the one who are complaining are the ones not even attempting to raid and hope for free tier sets in exchange for their valor points.

The problem is not the difficulty but rather the fact that nobody wants to raid as much anymore. If you'd actually read any of the responses in this thread, you probably would have been able to work that conclusion out for yourself.

*shrug*
90 Night Elf Druid
10/13/2011 04:18 PMPosted by Normie
This game isn't hard at all at any level compared to many games out there. It has a lot of depth, sure, but depth != hard.

Wrong again. The game isn't hard to a certain group of people who have played many other games that require intense concentration, hand-eye coordination, technical mastery, and so on. You know, "gamers."

However, WoW is mostly not populated by gamers.

I don't know. People just don't see it. The new/casual/recreational players are right there in front of you, in huge numbers, enjoying the game in their own way, but you don't see it.

I must say, you are a very intelligent person.
85 Tauren Paladin
10/13/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Dunarth

I have trouble believing their stats are wrong if you're refusing to post the true stats. In fact, the refusal to post the true stats lends credence to their stats being right and Blizzard not wanting the players to know it's possible to get accurate stats via the armory. Besides, why does Blizzard fear sharing statistical information like this so much? A competitor can't use it against you, players will have a more accurate base for debating poin.... oooh... nevermind, i see now.

Yea, there are some Blizzard policies that make it look like they're intentionally keeping us at each other's throats. Not /tinfoiling here, it just looks that way.

I can understand keeping certain information restricted to in-house. How much of the player base has downed X boss doesn't fall into that category; especially when you consider that that information is obtainable via the armory already. Blizzard treats their customers like they're too dumb to understand or too fragile to handle a change that many people have actually requested. I could lead into a ton of different issues from that, but they don't relate directly to this topic, so....
90 Dwarf Hunter
so I downed heroic domo and regular rag last night(on my priest), read this, and now I feel awesome. thanks.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]