1.35% of all wow players completed normal FL

85 Worgen Druid
I love you, Bash.
85 Human Mage
10/13/2011 07:23 AMPosted by Ivaredbush
Cata took the "Fun" out of Raiding for alot of folks

It certainly did for me. Actually for me, the fun in WoW died the first time I tried a Cata heroic back in December.

It was just... I mean I didn't even recognize the game any more.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Honestly, Bibi, you should just put a big disclaimer on the top of the site saying "IF YOU !@#$% AT BLIZZARD BASED SOLELY ON SOMETHING YOU SEE HERE I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KICK YOU IN THE CROTCH."
10/13/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Suzushiiro
Honestly, Bibi, you should just put a big disclaimer on the top of the site saying "IF YOU !@#$% AT BLIZZARD BASED SOLELY ON SOMETHING YOU SEE HERE I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KICK YOU IN THE CROTCH."

He's done that before and it still hasn't worked.
85 Draenei Paladin
10/13/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Alona
The problem is not the difficulty but rather the fact that nobody wants to raid as much anymore.
I still think this is the case.

There are a lot of people that technically have the skill to beat raid bosses. I have seen players that I know (that do not raid because they don't really care for it) do far better than those who raid regularly. Skill and difficulty isn't the issue here. Yes it sucks for newer players but even after most players get their "game" up they still rather do 5 mans, RP or PvP than ever raid.

I don't know why but it just is. I can't ask all of them why and I don't have Blizzard's numbers but it still doesn't change the fact that people just rather not deal with raids.
90 Night Elf Druid
As others have pointed out, your 1.35% is just wrong due to the stats MMO is stating, but whatever, we’re not going to reveal any of our internal numbers to show how wrong you are, or discount the numbers posted on MMO for that matter.

The words in bold were needed in this statement to show exactly what the mentality is inside Blizzard's HQ.

They gave casual players and those lacking skill the access to these raids (10man raiding) to keep subscriptions from dropping by the millions. Please be patient as soon enough you guys will be able to buy tier gear for real monies at the Blizzard store.

I believe the solution is to make ALL raiding 15man. Raid groups will most likely have to still carry bad players but not enough to make it a chore people don't enjoy. One set of loot and one lockout will not change. Balancing (which Blizzard has NEVER been any good at) will not be needed for two different raid sizes. It is one change that will reduce workload and enable more manpower on "Project Titan", it's like a win/win.
5 Undead Hunter
10/13/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Suzushiiro

I do that like, all the time.
Edited by Boubouille on 10/13/2011 4:26 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Priest
I'd do it if it didn't take 80 gajillion hours to complete the raid
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
My guild is mainly pvp, but being as it a "new server" there arent pugs or guilds that will take ANYONE without linking an "acheive"... ive always wanted to get into pve again since wotlk but its impossilbe... people cant complete FL with all these patches coming out,

(maybe if it wasnt 25$ PER toon to move servers itd be worth doing for casual players)
93 Draenei Death Knight

There is supposed to be a middle ground, and the game is removing that more and more. The mentality now seems to suggest you create your toon, level up in the blink of an eye, and go see Deathwing right away! There's no game supported instruction along the way, and shortening the time between level 1 and 85 only narrows the window the game has to help people.

In BC you could not hit max level in 2 weeks, unless you literally played 24/7. Even then it might not have been possible. But you can now. The game isn't assisting new people how to play, and that's what needs to change.

Leveling never teaches you how to raid or even correctly play a class/spec for that matter. End game might as well be a different game entirely as far as the learning curve is involved. This was just as true back in Molten Core when reaching max level took much longer. No one knew what they were doing stepping foot in there, it was all alien, and those fights were all incredibly simple by today's standards.
85 Draenei Paladin
10/13/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Layuth
They gave casual players and those lacking skill the access to these raids (10man raiding) to keep subscriptions from dropping by the millions
This quote and this quote

10/13/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Layuth
I believe the solution is to make ALL raiding 15man. Raid groups will most likely have to still carry bad players but not enough to make it a chore people don't enjoy.
Don't match

I'll explain: You are implying that 10 man raiding is for bads but then you admit that bads get carried in 25 mans. So that means that 10 mans you cant afford to be bad because the group can't carry you like a 25 man can.

So what is it? Are 10 mans designed for "bads" or is 25 mans for bads?
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/13/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Boubouille

I do that like, all the time.
Yeah, you've done it on some individual posts, but I think you should just make it a permanent thing on the top of the site. Ideally in extremely large letters.
85 Gnome Priest
10/13/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Prideless
I'd do it if it didn't take 80 gajillion hours to complete the raid

Cleared all 7 in 2.5 hours. It doesn't take that long.
85 Undead Warlock
I think the point he is trying to get across is that the nerfs did nothing to allow casual players to experience FL.

All it did was give elitest douchebag raiders more ammo to refer to people who have never done content bad and terrible.

This.
Community Manager
The point of not divulging statistics is that they are only one part of what drives overall goals and development. Unfortunately, the fundamental truth is that people put too much behind numbers (case in point, posts in this thread and a couple other dozen that sprung up because of the MMO post), and will build entire cases on them alone with no thought for context or meaning.

Bottom line is that no matter what numbers we show you, it's not going to make any situations 'better'. From time to time we show StarCraft II players literal win/loss %, as accurate as they can possibly be pulled from the source itself, and they're either ignored (because players simply don't want to believe their experiences are "wrong") or laughed at as being some underhanded plot to feed them misinformation.

Numbers don't win us anything. They don't win you anything. Conversations are worth having - ones based on experiences and feelings. We know what the numbers say, but they don't mean anything if you are still unhappy with your enjoyment of the game and your perception of its direction.
85 Tauren Paladin
10/13/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Normie
No one new to the game and new to MMORPGs can hit level 85 in 2 weeks.

Yes, they can. Will they? Likely not, they're new to the world, they want to explore, see things, learn about other stuff that's optional. But they absolutely can do it in less than two weeks.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]