[Ask Invellous X]

90 Blood Elf Priest
Dear Invellous,

I went to Blizzcon and somehow was baboozled into still being stuck in California. I found a hunter I would like to take home as a souvenir..what is best way to pack a hunter in my luggage?

Thanks in advance..
Kim
Reply Quote
88 Troll Hunter
*Is loved*
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Dear Invellous,

I went to Blizzcon and somehow was bamboozled into still being stuck in California. I found a Hunter I would like to take home as a souvenir..what is best way to pack a hunter in my luggage?

Thanks in advance..
Kim

Well Kim there a few methods. Though first you will need something to lure them. Simply saying "Here Hunter, Hunter, Hunter!" will not work. Hunters are often very timid. They will often disengage from a situation that they are not comfortable with. You must bait them with something they can not resist.

Hunters are unnaturally drawn to Animals. Even if the Animal in question is not alive. A Plush Toy of an Animal will work just as well as a live one. The key is to make sure that the Hunter believes it is rare. It may be worth your time to observe the Hunter, and see what kind of Animals they like. Once you have bought, or 'acquired' a Plush Toy simply wrap a cheap collar with a silver tag around the Toy's neck. Then with a Knife, or a Hammer, and Chisel etch the words 'Rare' into the Tag.

Simply place the Toy in a container you wish to transport the Hunter in. A Box, or Crate will do the trick. You do not need to use either of those it is just easier then using a Bag. With a Bag, or Suit Case you will need to cut the Hunter up...not that I know anything about that. It is just what makes sense to me. Anyways...

Then wait for them to fall into your trap. Just in case the Hunter catches on I would suggest carrying a Dart Gun with some strong Kodo Tranquilizer Darts. After you have trapped, and or incapacitated the Hunter simply stuff them in the container, and get them on whatever form of transportation you plan to use.

This is a sure fire way to catch most Hunters. If you find that the Plush Animal is not working you can try other forms of bait. Like a piece of wood shaped into a square then painted blue. Place it deep inside of the container, with a dead, or alive Bug under the square. The Hunter will find it hard to get a clean shot on the Bug, and thus be forced to move into the container. Hunters are drawn to blue squares for reasons Gnome Scientist have yet to discover. All we know is that they are driven by this urge to Trap what ever is under one. You may even try using a Toy Gun, Crossbow, or just a plain ol' Bow painted Gold.

Use these methods and you will get your Hunter back home. As a side note you may want to poke holes into the container. Did not do that the last time I employed these tactics for a Bount... Never mind that, not important. Just make sure to poke some holes so they do not die on the trip. Cheers!
Edited by Invellous on 11/2/2011 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I would only like to point out the fact that we are not attracted to blue squares. It is they who are attracted to us.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Dear Invellous

Do worgens enjoy Milk Bone dog biscuits or is it a mith?
Edited by Warthmar on 11/3/2011 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Myth^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Dear Invellous

Do worgens enjoy Milk Bone dog biscuits or is it a mith?

What? No, of course we do not. Why? Do you have some? Like now, on you? I mean I do not care, just curious. You do not want them do you? I could take them off of your hands. You know to clear up some space in your Bags. I will even give you some Gold for them.

Think of me as a Vendor of sorts. Yeah! That is it! A Vendor. So what do you say?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I have a question. As the King of Undermine, how do I make the peasants of undermine understand that I only want to help bring our server to the reaches of the heavens (Or at least not suck as bad.)?
Reply Quote
88 Troll Hunter
dear Joel SHUT THE HELL UP!!!! no one likes you now go in a 6 foot hole and put dirt on it and make us all happy.
Love and respect Kataro the awesome one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
dear Joel SHUT THE HELL UP!!!! no one likes you now go in a 6 foot hole and put dirt on it and make us all happy.
Love and respect Kataro the awesome one.

Here Hunter Hunter Hunter Hunter....
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
Dear Invellous,

Does it make me easy if I never charge for providing a portal? I feel like this type of behaviour will only lead to my portals no longer being special. I feel so empty.

Thank you for your time,
The slightly feral shrew
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
11/04/2011 01:37 AMPosted by Defiânce
I have a question. As the King of Undermine, how do I make the peasants of undermine understand that I only want to help bring our server to the reaches of the heavens (Or at least not suck as bad.)?

They will not listen to you. Not yet, for you have not proved to them that you are worthy of being the King of Undermine. Your accomplishments have not earned you enough merit to be accepted as such.

You must first passed the trials of a King to gain the loyalty, and trust of the people. Show them that you are capable of leading them to World Firsts. Compassionate enough to forgive their inability to stay out of the fire. Prove to them that your resolve can resist the mighty blows of the Trolls that lurk within the realm of Forums. Do this and they may yet lend you their ear, and their hearts.

Anyone can claim to have what it takes to be a King, anyone can proclaim their self to be a King. It takes someone truly unique, and special to Be a king. Do you sir have what it takes? An answer to this question I could provide, yet I will not. Only time will reveal it to you.

Dear Invellous,

Does it make me easy if I never charge for providing a portal? I feel like this type of behavior will only lead to my portals no longer being special. I feel so empty.

Thank you for your time,
The slightly feral shrew

An act of kindness is often taken for granted. As is an act of generosity. A shame that it is this way. Your Portals are not less special because you do not charge for them. You help others get to where they need to go without demanding a fee. A fee that some can not afford to pay. There is satisfaction to be had when one helps another without expecting something in return.

I for one would never take your Portals for granted. I would even buy you dinner to show my appreciation.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
An act of kindness is often taken for granted. As is an act of generosity. A shame that it is this way. Your Portals are not less special because you do not charge for them. You help others get to where they need to go without demanding a fee. A fee that some can not afford to pay. There is satisfaction to be had when one helps another without expecting something in return.

I for one would never take your Portals for granted. I would even buy you dinner to show my appreciation.

Thank you for your insightful answer.

After nearly 7 years of providing portals for both factions, I have never been offered dinner. I've been conjuring my own. Your response made me feel all warm and fuzzy, much like cuddling with a worgen.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Suprisingly, your answer has been most helpful. Thank you. In the mean time, you're correct, the Defiant Nation needs to act, rather then just claiming to stand for something.

The Revolution begins. Let it be known that Invellous of the guild I'm in on my Paladin has furthered the goals of King Defiance, and will be rewarded in kind.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Dear Invellous,
Why does that bad war think he is king of sundermine?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Dear Invellous,
Why does someone bad call other people bad?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Hm. You have in an odd sort of way, defended my honor. Thusly, I no longer dislike you.

Also you aren't in Dara anymore, and therefore rock a little more even.

What a terrible spot I've been thrust into. And, to the lovely naysayer, I don't think I'm the king of undermine.

I AM King Defiance of Undermine. Maybe you've heard of me?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Hm. You have in an odd sort of way, defended my honor. Thusly, I no longer dislike you.

Also you aren't in Dara anymore, and therefore rock a little more even.

What a terrible spot I've been thrust into. And, to the lovely naysayer, I don't think I'm the king of undermine.

I AM King Defiance of Undermine. Maybe you've heard of me?

Tehehehehe.

Also, Dear Invellous.
Why are you not answering questions? D:
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Dear Invellous,

I landed my hunter thanks to your awesome advice. Therefore I must ask...how did you become so wise in the ways of love?

**Kim**

P.S. If I may also ask, when will you answer Winterx?
Reply Quote
88 Troll Hunter
Tis hard to ignore the big blue square above your head
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]