Allow Players to Turn Off Enchant Effects

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Players should have the option to turn off weapon enchant effects. Some enchants, such as Lifesong, are obnoxious but necessary for raiding. These enchants clash with the aesthetic appeal of some some weapon models. A simple menu option to turn off weapon enchant effects like helmets or capes would be a very simple fix.

*Given the age of this thread, I'm closing it. If there is a newer discussion that needs to be had, please feel free to create a new thread. - Nethaera
Edited by Nethaera on 10/9/2012 4:04 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin
Or transmogrify into any enchant effects!
90 Troll Rogue
10/15/2011 01:08 PMPosted by Notforrent
Or transmogrify into any enchant effects!

I'd be okay with this. Perhaps instead being able to change color tones / how vibrant the enchant appears.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/15/2011 12:43 PMPosted by Varesten
Players should have the option to turn off weapon enchant effects.

Agreed!
85 Draenei Death Knight
yes
85 Draenei Death Knight
if you don't like the graphic effect of an enchant, don't get it or adjust you particle density.
sheesh!
85 Gnome Warrior
Being a gnome, I can barely see my actual character behind all the landslide glitter, and My weapons are impossible to make out.

Pleaseeeeee let us turn them off

if you don't like the graphic effect of an enchant, don't get it or adjust you particle density.
sheesh!

A lot of people don't want to see them at all, And they even disable weapon enchant effects on Shadowmourn, why stop there?
Edited by Sanahlina on 10/15/2011 1:46 PM PDT
85 Draenei Priest
sheesh!

If I turn down my particle density, seeing fire and other crap on the ground is harder. And really, don't get the enchant? Maybe I'll not wear shoulders either. It interferes with the look of my character. And it's just some stats lost from it, no big deal.
85 Draenei Death Knight
maybe we should get rid of all enchants then >.<
85 Draenei Death Knight
I would like this ability in raids as well, seeing 9 to 24 other players confuses me when i have to move in a fight.
90 Tauren Druid
No. You might as well just disable all spell effects and gnomes, if they're ugly and blocking your view.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]