Allow Players to Turn Off Enchant Effects

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Not sure if anyone else has suggested this possibility, but perhaps a slider that adjusts the Transparency of the enchant. This would allow people to hide the enchant all together, or tone it down to a respectable level of their preference.
90 Undead Warlock
It’s certainly something we have discussed with the developers recently and we’ll be looking into potentially allowing an enchant toggle. If and when such a feature is introduced, we’ll be sure to let the community know as soon as possible.

YES!!!

Yes +1.

Toggle me a fan. Why go to all the trouble/time and gold spenditure of getting Neurosurgeons Tool and Transmogrify it only to have it obscured completely by Power Torrent? (Not that anyone can see it via Armory links as I'm a caster - sigh blizzard).

But toggle is good Blizzard. Do this thing. Then in 6.0 update armory to show caster weapons. TY in advance.

Edit: toggle unnecessary if enchant shows on proc only! Toggle for tabards pls pls pls. Another necessity if you really want us to enjoy mogging.
Edited by Omgroflatub on 1/30/2012 8:39 AM PST
32 Troll Hunter
I don't only want a toggle to turn on or off enchants but also the ability to show old enchant looks that was cool back in the day.
89 Undead Warrior
Have them only show when they proc. That would be AWESOME.
85 Worgen Rogue
01/26/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Brennvin
I realize this thread has been around for a while but the topic is still relevant. As many of you may or may not know, weapon enchants have been a feature of World of Warcraft since the beginning. Providing iconic and recognizable looks to various enchants is something that’s added an element of uniqueness to the game and to your character. However, we do understand they can sometimes overpower the aesthetics of the awesome weapons you can obtain in game now. It’s certainly something we have discussed with the developers recently and we’ll be looking into potentially allowing an enchant toggle. If and when such a feature is introduced, we’ll be sure to let the community know as soon as possible.

No.

Don't do an enchant toggle.

The glimmer of enchants has been an important part of the game. Remember how people used to be almost desperate to enchant things with Beastslayer+2 just so they could see a shine? Don't toggle off enchants completely, that'd be lame. Just make enchant effects that are actually reasonable.

Remember Mongoose, how it used to glimmer a bit and give jolts of electricity? Why not do something like that? Lower the glimmer, make the enchant give the weapon the effect every now and then instead of it being omnipresent.

Why not an enchant with a proc that only makes the weapon glimmer when it procs?

I know I would miss a bit of shine if they dissapeared completely and make no mistake: As it stands right now with Landslide and Power Torrent even I would toggle all enchants off, but there's far more reasonable approaches than simply killing of all enchants.
90 Gnome Rogue
01/30/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Ilthen
No.

Party pooper. You could always keep yours toggled on. As a Gnome Rogue, I'd prefer not looking like I'm going to a rave with glowsticks in each hand. And I wouldn't mind being able to see my poison effects, for once. (Hint: Daggers are already small, which concentrates and intensifies the enchant effect. Couple that with the scaled-down size of Gnome weapons, and I essentially look like a Mortal Kombat character getting ready to throw fireballs with my fists).

I say we tally the votes. So far that's your no vs...11 pages of yeses :P
Edited by Tantojutsu on 1/30/2012 3:14 PM PST
85 Worgen Rogue

Party pooper. You could always keep yours toggled on. As a Gnome Rogue, I'd prefer not looking like I'm going to a rave with glowsticks in each hand. And I wouldn't mind being able to see my poison effects, for once. (Hint: Daggers are already small, which concentrates and intensifies the enchant effect. Couple that with the scaled-down size of Gnome weapons, and I essentially look like a Mortal Kombat character getting ready to throw fireballs with my fists).

I say we tally the votes. So far that's your no vs...11 pages of yeses :P

Option B is reading my post and see what it entails, instead of only reading the monosyllables.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I would like a toggle for small weapons like daggers, as landslide and power torrent for example completely engulfs them. Can't even see my daggers, so I mogged them into weapons that don't show enchants.
85 Tauren Paladin
No.

Don't do an enchant toggle.

(only quoting this part to cut down on clutter, read the whole thing :D).

That seems really reasonable. I liked enchants back when they weren't obnoxious monstrosities that cover the whole weapon (like PT and LS). Personally, I never saw any reason to make them any more complex. The phrase "The artists put a lot of time into x" gets thrown around a lot by people representing Blizzard. I assume the artists put significantly more time into every Cataclysm weapon than the two enchants that seem to obscure them entirely.

So, if not a toggle, a reduction the grandiose -ness of the weapon enchants would be welcome.

/liked
Edited by Sparklehoof on 1/30/2012 3:23 PM PST
Community Manager
It’s great to see such a constructive discussion regarding this. We’ve also seen some great suggestions for how to handle this request. While a toggle option is the quickest solution for allowing better control over weapon enchant effects, the developers will certainly be open to other ideas. Many of these ideas will not go unnoticed and will be passed on to the development team. Fear not, we are listening!
85 Undead Death Knight
It’s great to see such a constructive discussion regarding this. We’ve also seen some great suggestions for how to handle this request. While a toggle option is the quickest solution for allowing better control over weapon enchant effects, the developers will certainly be open to other ideas. Many of these ideas will not go unnoticed and will be passed on to the development team. Fear not, we are listening!

Blizzard never lets anyone down :)
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Vs
Definitely support an option to toggle off enchant effects. Some enchants are so overpowering that the beauty of the item is lost underneath it.
85 Blood Elf Priest
It will be so great to have my Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei not glow an awkward purple and orange. Go Blizz d(^.^)z
100 Orc Death Knight
I'll echo the statement of it being too overpowering on some items.

For the most part I've always enjoyed the weapon glows, but I think power torrent and land slide are a BIT too much on some items. Land slide on daggers is especially horrible because you can't see the daggers at all over the glow effect. Which kinda defeats the purpose of transmog on daggers as you won't be able to tell one set from another.

I think there are a few ways to go about it. Either allow a toggle option to turn them off completely, or simply have an option that just shows less intensity. A toggle option for turning them off would probably be best.

I realize it's iconic and has been part of WoW since the beginning, but like Helms/Capes I doubt that enchants will disappear completely. For the most part I would assume that A LOT of people would keep them on, but there are problems with certain weapon types (like daggers) that really needs addressing.
85 Goblin Death Knight
its a shame that landslide literally looks like crap cascading down your weapon

thank god for runeforging!!! (free and better in looks and effect whats not to love)
90 Human Paladin
01/30/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Gròmmash
I'll echo the statement of it being too overpowering on some items.
I'd like a filter option.

If you've played halo's forge system then you'd know about how you are able to add filters to the map including stuff like black and white, juicy, old timey etc etc.

I would like a couple filters for enchants including "none"
85 Troll Shaman
I would like an Enchant intensity bar. Sliding it to one side will make it brighter outshining the weapon, while sliding it the opposite way will make it dimmer and the weapon will stand out.
90 Worgen Rogue
you guys should check this:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881714971#1

I basically provide few ideas to make chants actually look good and not puffy glowing balls on out toons hands
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]