Allow Players to Turn Off Enchant Effects

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Hunter
personally my dream would be to transmog any enchant onto a weapon, since we are transmoging weapons anyway, but a "tone down" idea could be to have an orbiting ball that represents the enchant if for whatever reason blizz feels we have to show what enchant we have... power torrent could be a color changing ball that orbits your staff rather than obscuring it, agility could be a little green ball that throws off little tiny leaves, or you can have it full bore all over your weapon if you want it that way too
90 Night Elf Rogue
right now my dagger set is the shard of azzinoth but with landslide on them it looks like some lemon lime joke...please let me turn enchants off -_-
85 Blood Elf Priest
SERIOUSLY! What's the point in working your butt off to transmog old item sets and weapons, only to have an over-the-top modern enchant visual throw your aesthetics all off whack?

It would be like spending countless time and effort restoring a 69 Mustang, but you need a new hood and the only thing available is some carbon-fiber bat mobile bs with neon lights shooting out of it.

k, maybe a weird analogy, but BLIZZ! Please, please, do something that lets us tone down extreme enchant visuals, or integrate a system that lets enchant visuals from items shine through after transmog.

ie: Staff of the Shadowflame w/ level 60 enchant ---> Ruthless Gladiator w/ Power Torrent = SotSF item/enchant visual on Ruthless Staff stats/PT effect. That way we could choose to pre-enchant old items for a custom look, or leave them unenchanted so Power Torrent, etc shines through.

I think this would make everyone happy.
85 Dwarf Rogue
Agree
Please, ffs.
Rather than making a whole new thread I'll bump this. I'd really like to be able to disable the effects of the weapon enchants on certain characters. They used to not be so bad, but in Cataclysm they've gotten obnoxiously vibrant and large. I'd love to actually be able to see my weapon models again.
Community Manager
I realize this thread has been around for a while but the topic is still relevant. As many of you may or may not know, weapon enchants have been a feature of World of Warcraft since the beginning. Providing iconic and recognizable looks to various enchants is something that’s added an element of uniqueness to the game and to your character. However, we do understand they can sometimes overpower the aesthetics of the awesome weapons you can obtain in game now. It’s certainly something we have discussed with the developers recently and we’ll be looking into potentially allowing an enchant toggle. If and when such a feature is introduced, we’ll be sure to let the community know as soon as possible.
Edited by Brennvin on 1/26/2012 5:38 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
01/26/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Brennvin
If and when such a feature is introduced, we’ll be sure to let the community know as soon as possible.

Then my torturing poker won't look like a sparkler due to power torrent! n_n
10 Human Paladin
Some prefer having dirt and mud flying from their weapons?
90 Undead Hunter
I realize this thread has been around for a while but the topic is still relevant. As many of you may or may not know, weapon enchants have been a feature of World of Warcraft since the beginning. Providing iconic and recognizable looks to various enchants is something that’s added an element of uniqueness to the game and to your character. However, we do understand they can sometimes overpower the aesthetics of the awesome weapons you can obtain in game now. It’s certainly something we have discussed with the developers recently and we’ll be looking into potentially allowing an enchant toggle. If and when such a feature is introduced, we’ll be sure to let the community know as soon as possible.

I like my weapon enchant, but I can see why people complain about it. Landslide or whatever is pretty horrid
90 Tauren Druid

Good to hear that you're looking into it, realizing that Landslide looks awful and Power Torrent completely engulfs daggers and smaller maces.

Now let's hope you guys can sneak this into Mists, since you've still got plenty of time to work on the expansion.
85 Gnome Priest
Providing iconic and recognizable looks to various enchants is something that’s added an element of uniqueness to the game and to your character.

I like enchants, but when every caster has the same enchant, every tank has the same enchant, every melee has the same enchant, and every healer has the same enchant, that doesn't seem incredibly unique to me.

Not that I can think of anything better than the current system, though. Honestly, I'm fine with it the way it is.
90 Draenei Shaman
. It’s certainly something we have discussed with the developers recently and we’ll be looking into potentially allowing an enchant toggle.

There is hope! The sooner the better in my opinion!

I cant even see the visuals on my vengeance and fear daggers on my rogue :(
90 Gnome Rogue

OMG favorite Blizz avatar ever!

Also, the enchants as glows/hues are great for design. Mongoose was not bad to look at, but Landslide/Power Torrent just completely consume a weapon. At least take that feedback to heart while working on this toggle. A return to the old enchant looks might be a better course if this toggle does not work out.
10 Troll Warlock
Perhaps more than a toggle you guys might consider just toning the enchant glows down. Which would allow developers to create unique, signature looks for each enchant while not overpowering the weapons which we search out for our characters.
90 Troll Priest
It’s certainly something we have discussed with the developers recently and we’ll be looking into potentially allowing an enchant toggle. If and when such a feature is introduced, we’ll be sure to let the community know as soon as possible.

THANK YOU.

Power torrent is the worst enchant there is visually.
90 Human Rogue

Instead of a toggle can we make transmog take both enchant and item skin?

Getting a neat new dagger would be nice, if I could get it with executioner enchant. Bare is too boring and landslide is too overwhelming(especially on ultra. rogues look like glowstick ravers).
90 Human Paladin
01/26/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Byniri
Power torrent is the worst enchant there is visually.

I think Landslide would like to contest you on that one.
90 Night Elf Druid
I think warlock's incinerate should look like soulfire .
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]