Why World of Warcraft is failing or will fail

Why World of Warcraft is failing or will fail. Its cause of ignorant people who take the game to seriously. It’s a GAME. I used to play for the fun of it, but now days people take the game as if it is life or death. i have a disability called Quadriplegia which means i'm paralyzed from my neck down. I was in a car accident when I was 7 I'm 31 now. I say once again It’s a game why take a game so serious? Let me ask a question. Should someone with a Disability be Judged on how well they perform? Or be kicked from a Group, Raid or Guild? This kind of stuff has been happening since the days of BC. I can hold my own on most encounters except when there is a lot of movement involved. I’ve Dpsed Healed and Tanked through out the 6 years of WoW, but one screw up and all of the sudden your being judged. Wouldn’t it be better to look at the situation and help improve and not put the person down. I ask people reading this take it serious and not bash me or anyone that replies. All I want is for people to take notice and be more respectful to others. Also to those who is reading this pass it on to anyone that will take notice of the situation. Web Sites. News Papers, News Stations anyone. Get it out please. Its time to take action. I know I’m not the only one that feels this way.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Yo Fobeo I raided with you back in Vanillia in RLoL. Your brother fed still playing???
Reply Quote
How do you play if you can't click your abilities?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
--
Edited by Shadow on 10/25/2011 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
People with disabilities can do may things with help aids, and in this case it is in electronics that allows Fobeo to play the game. I have to agree with you Fobeo it is hard to go into a dungeon or a B.G. without someone having a whole lot of mean things to say. This is why I feel that dungeon ques take so long because some people do not want the mental abuse from others. The reason why is simply because it is supposed to be fun, and if people are complaining the whole time than it take the fun right out of the game. I have seen more complainers than anything some times I would like to ask them if they would like cheese to go with all that wine. Help each other out and drop the attitude you may just get surprised on how fun it can be.

Just a note for those that cannot be there or understand that the real life person on the other end of the toon is a real human, just keep in mind the disability act of 1997 and ask yourself are you breaking the law. You never know why they may be delayed in response that does not mean it should be an instant kick, but if you work with them they will surprise you!

Have you all wondered why people do not like to admit they need help understanding the fight or what they need to do? The reason is because people love to ripe their heads off and hand it to them, and just when they think its over they get kicked.

Fobeo you rock and never let anyone take that away, I would know I have ran with you many times. I want you to know Fobeo I will run with you anytime and be more than happy to do so, you are a great player and that is the truth! I have to get my internet through a dish... lol a 2 second delay and because of others complaining and abuse over a 2 second delay i will not run without good company SAD but true.
Edited by Allcountry on 10/16/2011 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Just a word to the wise if any action is taken against Fobeo for bringing this real issue to light then he has a law suit. I do not know to whom would report such a thing but it was not wise! look up the disabilities act of 1997 and re-think before you act.
Reply Quote
I was specifically talking about the logistics involved in playing. Not trying to be offensive or insensitive or anything; I truly don't understand how somebody who is quadriplegic could even play World of Warcraft.

How do you use any ability, or issue the command to do so? Same goes for movement, or even typing at that.

I can see voice activation for the typing, but for movement and ability use...

Please enlighten us.
Reply Quote
10/16/2011 12:03 PMPosted by Allcountry
Just a word to the wise if any action is taken against Fobeo for bringing this real issue to light then he has a law suit. I do not know to whom would report such a thing but it was not wise! look up the disabilities act of 1997 and re-think before you act.

[You] have my condolences and everything, but realistically I don't think that "someone reported [me] on a privately owned internet game forum because they heard [I] was disabled" is going to fly in court.
Edited by Fuzzles on 10/16/2011 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i use a sip & puff headset and a onscreen keyboard. no my brother don't play much anymore
Reply Quote
Hey Fobeo! Hi Allcountry!

Okay so I have to agree with you guys on two levels it is just a game and should be treated as such but since people on the internet are anonymous they typically act in a manner that is befitting of a disguise. I mean sure it's always better to be polite to everyone but that's just not going to happen especially in raids when people are spending there time trying to get things done as quickly and efficiently as possible. However with that in mind I've raided with Fobeo before and until I was told of his disability I had no idea 'cause he plays just as well as anyone else....
Reply Quote
i use a sip & puff headset and a onscreen keyboard. no my brother don't play much anymore

I commend you for even being able to play like that at all. That sounds incredibly difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
God bless your soul...

...and now I feel bad for !@#$%ing out someone in my super serious ZA run this morning.

*facedesk*
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter

I have no idea what that is, sounds crazy tho. Mad props for playing like that.
Reply Quote
I was specifically talking about the logistics involved in playing. Not trying to be offensive or insensitive or anything; I truly don't understand how somebody who is quadriplegic could even play World of Warcraft.

How do you use any ability, or issue the command to do so? Same goes for movement, or even typing at that.

I can see voice activation for the typing, but for movement and ability use...

Please enlighten us.

I can't answer for sure, but I have a feeling the OP may be a C-5, C-6, or C-7 quadriplegic. These classifications often have partial or almost full movement with their arms. It's still referred to as quadriplegia as there are still motorfunctions in the arms that are fully impaired even if the entire limb isn't. Some of these people have full range movement in their arms, but have full paralysis in some or all of their fingers + hand.

It isn't until you're a C-1 to C-4 quad, that you are in constant need of supervised care since you cannot move any of your limbs at all to move about your home or even feed yourself.

It's likely that the OP still has some of the movement in his hands to still be able to play the game. If he doesn't there may be some apparatus or tools he can use to play.

There are other ailments and medical complications as well that can effect this. A friend of mine has Multiple Sclerosis. Another friend of mine is missing 4 fingers from a car accident.

Both of these guys can play many games with a simple aid or 2. I play Gears of War, Halo 3 + reach, and Unreal Tournament with these guys on a regular basis and they play perfectly fine. When they play wow, it can be very difficult for them and sometimes frustrating enough to have to put it down completely for a while.

WoW can be very demanding on the hands and your cognitive abilities that people without disabilities will even notice that it's happening. The requirement of memorizing and the fluid use of many abilities just to play this game at a half decent level can be very taxing on some people when it may already take all of their ability just to use a keyboard + mouse simultaneously.

Anyways. Big respect to the OP and anyone else like him. I feel this video is somewhat necessary and when I saw it, I wouldn't forget it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFusT0osn4c
Edited by Bubblês on 10/19/2011 4:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
^ that video is amazing. I don't know how someone could have the persistence to play like that.
Reply Quote
Kids a total boss!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
i keyboard turn and click with my massive pen15(i dont want to get banned again AHHH). ask grummy, it turns him on when i do it.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
people do abuse the vote to kick feature in dungeons and in battlegrounds alike. i cant tell you how many bad players there are at lvl 85 and sometimes they will just vote yes to a kick to save their own skin or kick you from a BG because if the group is failing they need someone to blame.

PS: how do you play?

They really need to impliment an reputation system that up ranks for finishing dungeons and finishing battlegrounds, and down ranking for vote kicking and quitting early.

If integrity was rewarded players would not be so quick on the trigger.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]