Who are the Mogu? What are they?

1 Night Elf Rogue
So I have been reading about this panda stuff and was reading about how they fight a race called Mogu.

So I have been looking all over the internet and cant find anything about these guys. Does anyone know anything more about them or know a site that has more info on these guys? Or do I have to wait until the next xpac to know more.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Mogu is the ancient Pandarian word for Troll.

You're going to step off the boat..or great turtle..or whatever you arrive on Pandaria on and hear.

"MUH EAGLES GONNA BARE YO SPEERITS TO MEH!!"

And you'll be all like" Is that..Akilzon?.."

Then the sky will turn dark and it'll be all "Kaw, kaw! Ohgodbirds!! Why is this happening to me again!?"
Edited by Kaioon on 10/22/2011 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
They are a brand new race of creatues, we know next to nothing about them. Although, they already have a Wowpedia page
http://www.wowpedia.org/Mogu
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Well from the official Mists of Pandaria page, they are mentioned to have been monstrous ancient warlords who were oppressive, had a weapon ban on the Pandaren so they couldn't fight back. (That led them to becoming monks)

They have a raid in the Vale of Eternal blossoms called Mogu’Shan Palace. Part of the palace has something called "Titan repository" so they are probably Titan related, maybe made by them.

There was a picture of them but I can't find it now, they looked similar to orcs kinda except they have that Chinese statue look.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Rogue
Thank you all this info does help alot.

10/22/2011 12:37 AMPosted by Vicara
There was a picture of them but I can't find it now, they looked similar to orcs kinda except they have that Chinese statue look.

Look at Gruffe link it shows 1 pic of what they look like.
Reply Quote
Look like chinese orcs... just sayin'.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Warrior
They look like those Fu Dogs.

That's really awesome. Can we play as them too?
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Hunter
mogu for a new race!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Mongolians.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Some photos from the Blizzcon Art Panel that I'm pretty sure are Mogu concepts:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/october/art18.jpg

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/f/f5/Mogu.jpg

I'm thinking they're Titan-related, based on the Titan Repository in the Mogu'shan raid, and the fact that they're based on mythological statuary.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I hope they're a race that pilfered and reverse engineered titan technology, not actually titan made.

It'd suck to have them be vrykul 2.0
Reply Quote
I hope they're a race that pilfered and reverse engineered titan technology, not actually titan made.

I agree, but only considering that we do not know for sure what the vrykul were originally for, and because the Pantheon does not look Chinese at all.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

I agree, but only considering that we do not know for sure what the vrykul were originally for, and because the Pantheon does not look Chinese at all.

They didn't look Egyptian either, but they made the Tol'vir.
Reply Quote

They didn't look Egyptian either, but they made the Tol'vir.

Sargeras was made to look formerly Egyptian. It is not a retcon as he did not have art of his uncorrupted form.
Edited by Frandar on 10/27/2011 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
True, but still!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Chinese Orcs.

All we need to know.

Though when I first heard the name, I was hoping for something like moogles.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Though when I first heard the name, I was hoping for something like moogles.

*arms shotgun*

What kind of moogles? Crystal Chronicles ones? The kind in Kingdom hearts? The kind in Tactics?

These are important things to keep track of.

Some are vermin, some are comrades.

Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Copy pasta my post from other mogu thread. Basically not fighting corrupted forces but it would be titan constructs doing their job.

Here's my theory on why they are trying to reclaim Pandaria now: 12,000 years ago the Mogu ruled over the Pandaren and were oppressive with their no-weapons policy. But the true reason was so they could not use weapons to harm each other and bring about the negative emotions to summon the Sha. After the Pandaren managed to overthrow the Mogu with their newly found inner peace and monk-style fighting without the negative emotions, the Mogu left them alone to build their empire.

12,000 years later the Horde and Alliance bring the war to Pandaria, the negative emotions releasing the Sha and bringing about the enemy the Titans charged the Mogu to take care of. Now the Mogu aren't pleased with that and have chosen to end the negativity.

Would be interesting to see if that theory is true since we're essentially the villains this expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
*arms shotgun*

What kind of moogles? Crystal Chronicles ones? The kind in Kingdom hearts? The kind in Tactics?

These are important things to keep track of.

Some are vermin, some are comrades.

The Final Fantasy XI one that basically acted like my slave. Stored my stuff, followed me around the world, kept my apartment clean, let me change class, etc.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]