Pandaren names! Let the games begin :P

90 Gnome Death Knight
05/17/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Craete
Kenchu (I just like the name)

Oooh, that's a good one for a battle cry, too. You can in a pvp situation and be surrounded on all sides, bloodied and battered... but then you get up, dust yourself off, do the beckon hand gesture and say, panting, "Kenchu do any better than that?"

Then you can make another character named Ken Lee. That one already has a battle anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQt-h753jHI
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/17/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Lunate
Oooh, that's a good one for a battle cry, too. You can in a pvp situation and be surrounded on all sides, bloodied and battered... but then you get up, dust yourself off, do the beckon hand gesture and say, panting, "Kenchu do any better than that?"

Especially if you are fighting against someone named "Kentu"
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
:o

How do they decide when it's okay to take someone else's name? I so wish I had any character spots left - there are so many names I want but can't have.

It has to be inactive for a really long period of time

How long?

Also, do I make a new character with that name supposing they let me have it, or do I have to change the name of an existing character. Do I have to pay for it?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Come on, more info, Thelanoob!
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Yellowflower
Come on, more info, Thelanoob!

You could always put the ticket in and find out. They might be kind enough to include some of those answers if you put the questions in with the ticket and then you can share with the rest of the class. Because I am intrigued by all this too.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Or Thel could just be a pal and tell me.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
ISC!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

It has to be inactive for a really long period of time

How long?

Also, do I make a new character with that name supposing they let me have it, or do I have to change the name of an existing character. Do I have to pay for it?

i used this feature a few times

i dont know how long, but my best guess is 'a few months to a year' and no you don't NECESSARILY have to pay for it

all they do is delete the inactive character

if you want to give that name to an existing character already on the server then yes youll have to pay for a name change

if you want to give that name to an existing character who is not yet on the server but you intend to transfer it, then ticket the GM and have them free up the name before transferring the character and you can rename the xferred character to the name

if its a character that doesnt exist yet then just do the ticket and when the name is free make the character
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

all they do is delete the inactive character

They delete it!? I don't want to do that if they delete the character... What if that person is using that character for a bank, and they decide to start playing again when the expansion hits? What would happen to all their stuff? Are you sure they delete it? That sounds awful. I would be very upset if I reactivated my account after being gone for awhile only to discover that Yellowflower and all her stuff was gone.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Ok, wait, I just found this: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/requesting-a-name-be-released-for-reuse

And it sounds more like they just make the person re-name that character, or re-name it for them. That would make more sense.
Reply Quote
Haha it would be so surreal to log back into your account after a few years to find all your characters with different weird names that you could not imagine having picked.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
That would be the worst for me. I have such a difficult time picking names the first time around. I can't imagine logging in and having to pick them all over again, and not having access to the ones I've already used!
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah I have the same problem, but at least now we know that if we ever cancel our accounts we're going to have to reactivate them once or twice a year just to make sure we get to keep our names.

On the other hand, I can't really picture anyone wanting any of my names so much they feel compelled to put in a ticket about it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Omgggggg they totally gave it to me! Thanks for the tip, Thel!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I wonder how fast I would get reported for using the name... Lohungkok, or Phatphuk.....?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Probably would get reported fast but hard to say if Blizzard would do anything. There are some pretty bad names floating around out there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]