MoP Names For Sale

90 Human Mage
Before you jump on me for it yes I am copying what i'm sure many others are doing on numerous other servers, I am reserving silly panda/monk names for sale to annoy you in order to try and money grub some kind of petty change. The names I have reserved go as follows.

- Pandarien

- Pandarly

- Pandophile

- Bamboozed

- Sneakipanda

- Kungfupanduh

Please try and contact me either on frostmourne or via this thread, as im not often on my alt on Saufang. If youre unable to contact me on frostmourne or via forums my alts name is Exploits for future reference. Prices are negotiable, depends on what mood im in.

Or i might just keep them all...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
dw giyz im cumin bak 2 saurfang vry soon ^_^ x0x0
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Go away gand, no one likes you.

I'll buy Pandophile for 12g.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Shaman
Im sure Blizzard would allow us to contact them and to show them this thread to get your "saved names" deleted so we could use them without paying some scrub that is to lazy to go out and make gpld the right way in the game.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
10/23/2011 03:23 AMPosted by Svân
Im sure Blizzard would allow us to contact them and to show them this thread to get your "saved names" deleted so we could use them without paying some scrub that is to lazy to go out and make gpld the right way in the game.

You seem upset, did he steal your idea and/or wanted name?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

<3 ur teerz
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

I googled this topic earlier. Been trying to find the blue post, but it's allowed, and not technically breaking any rules.

But, should the 'transaction' go wrong, nothing will be done about it.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Just wait 3 months then ticket the saved name u want and blizz will free it,
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Shaman
10/23/2011 03:26 AMPosted by Jans

You seem upset, did he steal your idea and/or wanted name?

Good to see that UC as immature kids in it still.

And no he/she/it did not steal any names.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
10/23/2011 08:43 AMPosted by Svân
Good to see that UC as immature kids in it still.

It's actually worse than it's ever been before with no sign of getting better. Most of the people who have a vocabulary outside of "umad" or "jelly" left.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Most of the people

have

a

vocabulary

of "come at me bro" or "<overusedbuzzword".

Paraphrased That For You.
But three-quarters of the time I'm online chat is empty, so I can't give a definitive comment.

I just know that this will somehow turn into a guild bashing thread, instead of a pynkoalas bashing thread. So I say put your level 1 to rest and leave it at that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/23/2011 03:28 AMPosted by Keye
I googled this topic earlier. Been trying to find the blue post, but it's allowed, and not technically breaking any rules.
It may depend on the wording. I'm pretty sure I saw a blue comment around the fact they will take a reserved name if it is clearly reserved and/or has been idle for a large amount of time but it requires a ticket to begin the process and, as usual, nothing is set in stone.

Was on the CS forums, might be worth focusing there if you want to find something solid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
meh no one will pay you, they would rather take the alternative accented characters im sure.
plus bad puns are bad.

i got my reserved names anyway :)
Monkphish
and
Mistfists
Edited by Phishtank on 10/23/2011 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I jacked Lolpanda and Extinctpanda.

Dont really care for Extinctpanda, but if you want it, throw me a pst in-game :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
meh no one will pay you, they would rather take the alternative accented characters im sure.
plus bad puns are bad.

i got my reserved names anyway :)
Monkphish
and
Mistfists

accents are being removed in 4.3 on the US client arent they?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/23/2011 11:57 PMPosted by Pynakoalas
accents are being removed in 4.3 on the US client arent they?

Only on US realms, in Oceanic (even if it's part of US datacenters) and EU you can still use umlauds.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Shaman
Good evening Spongle,

Technically, there isn’t anything to say that you can’t make an in-game agreement to ‘sell’ the use of a character name for in-game gold, as the others have suggested. :)

This does come with a heavy warning though, and in blue this time(!) – this would not be an officially supported transaction, and would have to take place entirely at your own risk (as with planned item transfer via the Neutral Auction House, and other unintended ‘trades’).

Whilst checking into this, we were also unsure how you’d go about freeing up the name in question in a reliable way, but please don’t forget about the name being locked if you did decide to make use of the PCNC server and also don’t forget that an outsider could indeed poach the name while it was free and you’d unfortunately have no recourse to appeal for help.

All this being said, good luck if you do decide to go ahead with it!

So Blizzard saying its allowed and not allowed at this same time? Lol

On the other hand still havent found the threat yet saying they will delete inactive toons that are under level 10. Which i have seen before.

Quote came from : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1849926636#1
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
10/24/2011 01:46 AMPosted by Svân
So Blizzard saying its allowed and not allowed at this same time?

I fail to see where the GM contradicts himself.
He merely says that it is perfectly within the ToS to 'sell' character names as it is still a transaction of in-game items for in-game items. Although, in the event a trade goes sour, a GM would not waste resources to get your gold/name back.

10/24/2011 01:46 AMPosted by Svân
On the other hand still havent found the threat yet saying they will delete inactive toons that are under level 10. Which i have seen before.

Blizzard, while they reserve the right to, rarely (if ever) delete characters because of inactivity. Especially because of Bank Alts/Guild Ownership/Twinking etc, and the only thing I could imagine they'd delete a character for is because of an offensive name and appearance combo.

My source is having a level 1 on Illidan for a bit over five and a half years.
Edited by Jans on 10/24/2011 2:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Shaman
10/24/2011 02:43 AMPosted by Jans
So Blizzard saying its allowed and not allowed at this same time?

I fail to see where the GM contradicts himself.
He merely says that it is perfectly within the ToS to 'sell' character names as it is still a transaction of in-game items for in-game items. Although, in the event a trade goes sour, a GM would not waste resources to get your gold/name back.

Blizzard, while they reserve the right to, rarely (if ever) delete characters because of inactivity. Especially because of Bank Alts/Guild Ownership/Twinking etc, and the only thing I could imagine they'd delete a character for is because of an offensive name and appearance combo.

My source is having a level 1 on Illidan for a bit over five and a half years.

If GM's thought it was right in the first place then if it did go wrong they would help you once since that isnt the case and they say they will not give you gold back if it goes wrong makes you think that they shouldnt allowed it in the first place.

Your toon hasnt been deleted since no one has put in a ticket asking for that name. If it was under level 10 and inactive after 3 monnths (or there about) and i ticket a GM asking for the name they could delete your toon if its holding nothing like a guild bank full of items.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]