[A] Tempest + Herp Derp GKP

85 Night Elf Druid
Tempest and Herp Derp leadership have decided to co-host a 25 man GKP for raiders and skilled alts to participate in!

What is a GKP?
GKP stands for gold kill points. This is basically the loot method for the run: the person who bids the highest amount of gold on an item wins the item.

How does the GKP work?
Throughout the run, players bid-war to win loot. At the end of the run, the gold pool is evenly distributed to all players in the run (including the people who purchased items). This means that the players who need the gear get gear for gold, and the players who didn't need the gear get gold in return for their efforts in the raid.

Specific Rules
  • Past GKP's have come across the issue where they bring in players who are very under-geared, but still don't bid on loot. Because of this, we will be requiring that if you are under a certain gear level, you are REQUIRED to carry a certain amount of gold on you (probably a minimum of 20k), as well as bid on all viable upgrades/BIS pieces. If we see a player with a blue item not bidding on a 378 piece, it's pretty obvious the player is there to just get carried to free valor points and boss kills.

• This also means that we will need to bring in a number of players whose gear allows us to carry the less geared characters. This will allow us to still down the content.

• If you leave the GKP early and we have to replace you, you do not get any of the gold pool (it is split at the end).

• There is a specific minimum opening bid, as well as minimum increment, based on the item level of the gear.

• The leaders of the run will document the loot and bids in a public google docs spreadsheet so that the gold and the end split is transparent to everyone.

• When will this run?
    Invites go out at 6:00pm ST each Saturday. The raid goes until all bosses are down, or 10:00pm hits. We expect a full clear, with 1-2 HM's.

The Bid System (subject to change)
    All 378 Weapons start at 4k, with a min 1k increment.
    All 378 Tier pieces start at 3k, with a min 500g increment.
    All 378 non-Tier and offset pieces start at 2k, with a min 500g increment. Wands count under this category.

All 384 Weapons start at 5k, with a min 1k increment.
    All 384 non-tier and offset pieces start at 4k, with a min 500g increment.

All 391 Weapons start at 6k, with a min 1k increment.
    All 391 Tier start at 5k, with a min 500g increment.
    All 391 non-Tier and offset pieces start at 4k, with a min 500g increment. Wands count under this category.

How to Sign Up
    Whisper an officer of Tempest or Herp Derp to receive your calendar invite. Accepting the invite does NOT guarantee you a slot. If you have any questions, feel free to pst me in-game or post on this thread.
    Edited by Alythia on 10/27/2011 4:37 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    We are in need of experienced healers
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Warrior
    Sounds like so much fun!!!
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    In need of 1 resto druid and 1 resto sham

Also need plate DPS
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Paladin
    Are you guys looking for a healadin?
    If so, I'm game
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    You asked me that in game, Poptartzz :P

The specific rules regarding the legendary items and mounts will be announced at the beginning of the run, as the Tempest and Herp Derp leadership have not yet addressed that.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Mage
    7/7 Holy pally, send me an in game inv please
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Greatwiz, I will need your paladin's name. Send me an in-game message!
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Room for: 1 rogue, 1 ret paladin, 1 spriest, 1 warlock, 2 shamans
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    In order to get your raid invite, please come to me (@ the Stockade) and let me inspect you. If you are below my gear requirements (I check it per person, not a specific item level), then you must show me proof of 20k. If I open trade with you, show me the 20k.

Rules for the run include that an item that is an upgrade MUST be bid on. This prevents the less geared players from joining the run just to get free valor points.

If a player is caught basically not bidding on his or her upgrades, that player will forfeit all gold at the end of the run.
    Edited by Alythia on 10/29/2011 5:56 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    The first run (woo!) went 6/7 Normal. We ran out of time, so maybe next week we know who to take, who not to take, and can get a bit further :)
    Reply Quote
    80 Gnome Warlock
    How much was the take?
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    7690 each I believe.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Priest
    GKP will run again tonight!
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Mage
    Looking for a calendar invite/invite to your next GKP.
    tks
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Rogue
    Pls send an invite to Sambalol

thx alot
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Priest
    This GKP has run 3 weeks now and has been fairly successful.
    6/7 Normal mode FL clears. We have broken it down to a 10 man for a normal mode rag kill.

We are leaning towards not bothering to invite everyone who asks, because come raid time they don't show.

If you are interested - review the rules and be in Stormwind starting around 6:00 pm Saturday when we start spamming for invites to fill spots.

We are checking people's gear - as well as performing a 20K gold verification.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    GKP runs tonight!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]