Create more chars

85 Human Hunter
I think blizz should let us create more chars in one realm and reduce the overall chars we can have all over realm.. some people like to stay in just one realm but have more than 1 or 10 chars. mostly people stay in one realm is because they have a Main char that can support their alts. so i recommand if blizz do this it would be very helpful for players.

If you guys agree or disagree please leave a comment the more it is blizz can look into it and really work it out thankyou.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The reason why is cuz there is only 10 classes...Most people dont care to have more then 1 character of a certain class...or some people enjoy 2 or 3 classes multiple times.

In Mist of Pandaria it will be extended to 11 per realm cuz of the new Monk Class.

However, imo if you need more then 11 alts on one realm maybe you should think about leveling one fresh and deleting the old one instead. There is really no reason to have 2 mages/hunters/locks or any "pure" classes...Hybrids tho i could possibly see 2 pallys or 2 druids or even 2 shamans...but i really dont see why more then 10 is feasible.

Also, Blues dont post in Realm forums, if you really want them to see a suggestion like this you should post it in the General discussion Forum.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Blizzard already stated in a recent blue post they are considering increasing/removing the per realm character limit while retaining the total character limit but if it happens, it wouldn't be implemented until MoP comes out at the earliest.

Also, Crysknife is correct - this isn't a forum that Blizzard monitors for player feedback so anything posted here wouldn't be seen by the moderators who work with the development team.
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Warlock
From the Blizzcon Q&A:

I have 10 characters, will you add an 11th slot so we can have all 11 classes?

Not sure just yet, might keep the current character cap but let you have them on any realm, so you can have many many charaters on one realm

That's quoted from http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2523-World-of-Warcraft-Classes-Item-Professions-Q-A-Panel if you want to check it out.

In case you're not aware of what the current character cap is, it's 50.

Also, this topic has come up several times in the forums dedicated to MoP. If you want to discuss it there, go ahead, but try not to be Thread Creator 972, just rez one of the previous, virtually identical threads about this subject.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
That sounds awesome! At least since I mostly play on 2 servers, that means at least 20 characters per server!
Reply Quote
84 Human Warrior
I wonder how this will go along with the removal of new names of character'd letters (not sure what the technical term for them is, but the "ö"s and such.) Could high pop servers start to run short on names with any structure that makes sense?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I hope they remove the character limit on realms.

It would let me have my Gnome Monk, and a Panda for Alliance and Horde. I could have One class for each faction + some on BWR :o
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/01/2011 09:07 PMPosted by Jearom
I wonder how this will go along with the removal of new names of character'd letters (not sure what the technical term for them is, but the "ö"s and such.) Could high pop servers start to run short on names with any structure that makes sense?

Think about the number of words in the English language. Think about the number of times those words get misspelled. Think about words people have typed that have made zero sense of any sort to you.

The highest population on any server is about 40,000 last I checked. Don't think it's a problem. People will just have to be creative with their names.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
there is a new achievement for having 50 toons at max level on one realm so i think its safe to say the restriction will be lifted
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Warlock
11/02/2011 02:00 PMPosted by Tweakjeezy
there is a new achievement for having 50 toons at max level on one realm so i think its safe to say the restriction will be lifted

What? Where the heck did you see that?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/02/2011 02:35 PMPosted by Shinganker

What? Where the heck did you see that?

somewhere on mmo champ..after i posted that i looked for it but couldnt find it
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Warlock
What do you mean SOMEONE.

It was me, damnit!
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Warlock
I disagree with this so much. I play horde mostly, but sometimes alliance, and I want to be able to play multiple classes on both sides. I also like to level multiple professions on both sides, to make it easier to aquire mats for things. I also have characters for special things... back when Gil was still around, I had a couple of characters stuck at level 15 for <What in Tardation>. I had a pacifist that I was leveling. When I have friends who start playing the game for the first time, I want to be able to start a new character so I can hang out with them in-game, helping them learn things and questing together. I have a bank character. There are so many ways to play this game that it's just ridiculous to assume that no one would use more than ten character slots per realm.

That's the most amazing post I've ever seen from you, Yellow! o_O I feel like a proud pappy! Mah little girl all growed up... /sniffle

But ya, dead on for those points. It's perfectly normal to have more than one of a single class, too. I do low level pvp as well as high level pvp. Doesn't mean I should have to delete a character simply because I like to enjoy two totally different play types with the same class.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
i used to have no clue why someone would make more than one character of a class considering you can re-spec so its not like you're locked into a single play style.

then i met missfortune

that lady had more rogues than i have fingers
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Warlock
If that's your only example I'm pretty sure you'd still have no clue, haha.

Her and Never with his endless shamans. Couldn't figure it out myself. I guess they just liked the leveling experience.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i have two paladins. mostly because i wanted to play on a new server with something i was comfortable with and had experience playing. also because one was originally supposed to be the rp equivalent of the one i had just transferred off bwr.

i also have two warriors. admittedly one is a bg twink and the other is little more then a bank alt because i am BAD at warrior.

why anyone would want multiples of the same class on the same server and faction is a little beyond me though. sometimes you just love that class.
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Warlock
i have two paladins. mostly because i wanted to play on a new server with something i was comfortable with and had experience playing. also because one was originally supposed to be the rp equivalent of the one i had just transferred off bwr.

i also have two warriors. admittedly one is a bg twink and the other is little more then a bank alt because i am BAD at warrior.

why anyone would want multiples of the same class on the same server and faction is a little beyond me though. sometimes you just love that class.

Some reasons:

1: Leveling with a friend who is new to the game or who just started a new character and you want to keep them company.
2: Roleplaying: An orc warrior and a tauren warrior have very different stories. Even two completely different orc warriors with totally different styles and personalities would require a second character of the exact same class.
3: You enjoy questing/dungeoning/pvping at low levels and you really love the class you play at 85, so you play that same class for doing those low level things as well.

Those are a couple off the top of my head, but they've also already been mentioned in this thread in different ways. They might not be reasons you'd choose to have a second character of the same class on the same server, but they are perfectly legitimate reasons for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]