<Brigade> Recruiting 6/8DS

85 Tauren Warrior
Guild: Brigade - Horde
Server: US PvE – Velen

Schedule: 3 Night Raiding: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday ~ 6:30PM-10:00PM Server (Pacific) time.

Recuitment Update 12-04-2011

Hunter - Open
Shaman - Open
Priest - Open
Paladin - Open

*We encourage exceptional players to submit an application regardless of openings.*

About Brigade: Brigade is a Horde guild on Velen focusing on 25man raid content. Our foundation for the guild are people who have raid experience dating back to Vanilla and have come together from different servers and different progression guilds to create an enjoyable raiding environment.

Preferred Gear and Experience: We recruit the player rather than the character. We prefer people who have raid experience and we expect people to know current theory crafting and have the minimum of badge gear, craftable items, proper gems/enchants/glyphs, and a solid PvE raiding spec.

Raiding Times: Progression raid times are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 6:30PM-10:00PM server (Pacific) time. We also encourage alt runs and rated bgs on our off nights.

Contact Information and Application: For more information and to apply please visit our website at: www.velenbrigade.guildlaunch.com
Edited by Badaxe on 12/5/2011 7:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
WTB Ranged deeps nomnomnom
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Looking for a few more dps and healers.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
WTB Mage that will give me Focus Magic.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I don’t know why the old thread got necro-bumped by Acincea (probably confused, not that unusual) but I thought I’d post a quick FAQ here for anyone considering our little gang of misfits and miscreants.

FAQ

Who are you guys?

We’re a guild. I should think that would be obvious. But more to the point we’re an association of players that have been fairly successful in killing internet dragons throughout Cataclysm. We’re friends. We’re rude dudes. We’re a collection of proud nerds (like Calo) and closet WoW players (like Wowwikileaks) and everything in-between. We get things done.

Why should I join Brigade?

Maybe you’re the leader of one of the dozens of also-ran 10 man guilds on this server who is tired of having to pug a member or two out of trade chat for your runs, and you have a handful of like-minded individuals on your roster that want to step up into 25s. Maybe you’re the 11th wheel in a guild that doesn’t need you and doesn’t get you in often enough. Maybe you’re a Horde side servertrans that wants to do 25s and not 10s. Maybe you’re something else. But if you want to kill internet dragons with us, and laugh while you do it, then I guess it doesn’t really matter what you are. We’re fun, we’re fair, and we’re stable. These are all good reasons.

Why 25s?

That’s a good question. Several people have called us crazy for trying to expand into 25s. Velen probably isn’t the best place for it, but we still think we can get there. After all, there is a successful Alliance side 25 man guild, so why not on our side too? Our biggest reason for wanting to make the jump is that we feel it is the next real challenge for us. Many of us come from older games where raiding meant as many people as you can physically fit in the zone. 10s is cozy, but maybe overly so. We want to see if we can get it to work on the Horde side. We have the core to support it, so we feel it’s within reach. For you, prospective applicant, the reasons might include the greater ease with which 25 mans gear up, the relatively higher challenge, the presence of every single DPS buff for your recount epeen, and the higher ratio of DPS to tanks/healers (as DPS is by far the most popular role in the game).

What are your raid times?

We raid Tues-Thurs from 6:30 to 10:00 server time. Rarely, we may add in an extra day (usually Sunday) to make up for a missed day or when we feel we can quickly finish a fight we simply ran out of time for in a given week. This is extremely rare, however, and normally our regularly scheduled times are sufficient.

What are you looking for?

Mostly ranged DPS (shadow priests please!) but recruitment is open at the moment for nearly every class. What’s most important to us in an applicant is experience (ideally 7/7 normal at a minimum, or at least some attempts on Rag and familiarity with the encounter) and a solid understanding of how to play your class. Oh, and a sense of humor. There may be untoward insinuations regarding your mother and a Clydesdale, so if you can’t deal with that without rage-quitting and tossing your keyboard through a window, we probably won’t get along.

How do you handle loot?

For 25s our decision has been to go over to a Suicide Kings style rotation in loot distribution. This was primarily decided based on our desire to be fair to our newer members and not simply show favoritism to the old guard. There was some discussion about a DKP system, but we don’t want to enslave new recruits for weeks on end until they earn enough to bid against the longer term members. In this system no member will receive two pieces of contested loot before everyone else also receives one. Alt specs /roll (your place on the main loot list doesn’t change) assuming no one needs an item for their main specs. Mounts and vanity items are likewise /rolls. This is the fairest system we can come up with.
Edited by Malacrass on 11/4/2011 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I have other questions, who should I contact?

My aren’t you an inquisitive one? Feel free to contact any of the following people: myself (Malacrass), Badaxe, Bordeau, or Awäkened in game, either via /tell or in-game mail, and we’ll try to answer any other questions you may have. In addition, feel free to /tell anyone with our tag and they will do their darndest to locate us if we’re on an alt.

I’m sold; Brigade is the guild for me! Where do I apply?

Go on over to http://velenbrigade.guildlaunch.com and toss up an app.

But I know someone in Brigade / am a special butterfly and don’t want to app. Do I really have to app?

Everyone apps, no exceptions. It won’t take more than a few minutes and we don’t ask anything crazy of you (like system specs, your real name, a screen shot of your UI, which political party you subscribe to, etc). Give us a good faith effort on your application and keep in mind we are going to read and discuss it, so it takes time out of our day as well.

One final note: 25 man raids are more demanding on your system than 10 man raids. We have people playing on 5 and 6 year old computers that are fine or are experiencing only minimal frame rate drops, but if you’re still playing on your old Gateway from the mid-nineties you might not be able to hack it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Good luck guys, I'd love to see another 25 man guild around.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
"the presence of every single DPS buff for your recount epeen"

/flex
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
We’re rude dudes. We’re a collection of proud nerds (like Calo) and closet WoW players (like Wowwikileaks) and everything in-between.

I came out of the closet and was ostracized by my peers. World of Warcraft is all I have left. Please help me form a meaningful social connection.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
why do you raid so late!

East coasters, crying in their beds as they dream about work the next day!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
A lot of our raiders, like myself, are east coasters. We raid at 630 server to give our west coast raiders a chance to get home from work, eat, see their families before the raid. And most of us have to get up early the next day for work too.

There is a solution to being tired after a night of successful raiding of internet dragons... its called coffee.

:D
Edited by Awäkened on 11/7/2011 8:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
West coast = best coast. Deal with it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Well now that I dont agree with. lol
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock

Deal.
With.
It.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
11/07/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Wowwikileaks

Deal.
With.
It.

With it you must deal, and it is what you must deal with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]