Occasional errors since Tuesday maintenance

20 Orc Warrior
I'm running a script through Perl that regularly downloads AH info from one realm. Since Tuesday, I've been getting the occasional error from Perl when I try to decode JSON (error is: Wide character in subroutine entry @[line where i decode JSON]). From what I'm reading, this may have something to do with text encoding.

Anyone else had any similar problems, or has there been some undocumented change to the encoding that might cause this problem to rear its head all the sudden?
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Rogue
I am getting the last days quite a lot of errors when trying to download the data, the first answer gives a

http://us.battle.net/en/error.html

which results then 404.
Reply Quote
20 Orc Warrior
Yea I've verified that this is the issue for me. I guess it shouldn't be hard to have the script check the response code for the data url, as well.
Reply Quote
8 Blood Elf Warlock
Any update on this? I am also receiving random 302 errors on multiple attempts and servers.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
This is also happening to me when I attempt to get AH data for the Dalaran server. A 302 redirect to a 404 page.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I've been having problems with this as well. I just recently started doing stuff with the API again (had done a little when released) and while getting character data/guild data seems to work pretty well, getting auction data has been hardly working. I'll get lots of 302's and once in a rare while it works.

Reply Quote
20 Orc Warrior
This problem remains unresolved for me. I am getting redirected to http://us.battle.net/en/error.html

On occasion. Not every time. But frequently enough.
Edited by Walldough on 11/1/2011 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
This happens pretty often. Nothing you can do except sleep(30) and try again :).
Reply Quote
82 Orc Warrior
Yes, but it wasn't happening before.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I'm recently getting tons of "Internal server error" json response.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I am at a staggering 31% internal server errors for EU and 23% for US. It was at ~25% for EU for more than a week before someone noticed. I wish they had a little more dev time to spend on us.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
We are also experience a high frequency of "Internal server error" responses from the API when loading characters on askmrrobot.com (or from my development machines). All of these are authenticated requests over https.

Repeatedly making the same request will eventually get the data successfully -- usually 2-3 tries works.

Any ideas as to the cause? We would be glad to provide any information that is necessary to debug the issue.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Last time it was some sort of memory leak, got reported on a Saturday and fixed Wednesday. Appears to randomly fail and is not slow when it fails.

It also appears to not count towards your API limits for the day, so right now it isn't a giant concern to me, just annoying.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
as far as i can see this is still occurring very annoying...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
ive been watching the logs on my server and my dev server all errored hits are recorded and the only ones im seeing are during restarts .. or when the battle.net website has a queue...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
any update on this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]