Mists of Pandaria Discussion

85 Human Rogue
With the expansion officially announced, I'm curious as to everyones thoughts.

My Opinions/Thoughts (more like rambling):

At first I have to admit I thought the idea was stupid. Pandaren turned out to not look as cool as they potentially could have. With that said, the new areas look pretty awesome. The fact that Pandaren can go alliance OR horde is pretty lazy. I'm also slightly afraid as to what the female pandaren will look like!

The new dungeons/raids look pretty interesting, but I can't say the praying mantis looking monsters look cool. No new major boss is also a bummer. Seriously? No focus at all? It's honestly kind of questionable to me.

All in all, I'm interested enough to stay subscribed. The 12-month subscription deal looks pretty good: free D3 as well as Mists of Pandaria beta access! Oh, and a freaking Diablo 3-esque mount!

Edit: Heroic Scholomance + Scarlet Monastery? Yes, please!
Edited by Sorano on 10/21/2011 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
no end game focus for raiders is what kills it. loving all the other changes for the most part, but the lack of focus on raiding is what bugs me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
No end game focus? Not sure what you mean. They're already talking about new dungeons and raids for level 90. I'm just surprised there isn't someone like Illidan or Arthas to focus towards killing.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
exactly what he means by there being no end game focus. What are we killing the bad guys for if there isn't some major evil presence there to destroy
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
The success of pandaworld depends on how swtor is, end game or not theyll be trying to keep the casual around, so endgame will probably be BWD difficult at best.

If swtor is really good, then blizz could hire every panda, penguin and emu on the planet and wow will be dead
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
10/21/2011 06:07 PMPosted by Sorano
No end game focus? Not sure what you mean. They're already talking about new dungeons and raids for level 90. I'm just surprised there isn't someone like Illidan or Arthas to focus towards killing.

Just because they include raids and dungeons does not mean there is a true end game equal to say that of Illidan/Kil'Jaeden. The entire focus of this xpac is exploration and non-hardcore character progression. They stated this throughout the panels/Q and A. Hell, even quests are going to give valor. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I honestly think this is a good move for Blizzard, they are listening to the major playerbase, and raiders (meaning those who pursue harder content, not just casual raiding) have become a minority. This xpac just wasn't aimed at players like me, and I'm not upset about it. I wouldn't mind playing this game super casual during the next year or 2, but as far as raiding as a main focus, this is the end of the track for me, but at least I can get a legendary and call it even.

Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I don't see the absence of a major bad guy as the death of raiding.

I also wouldn't take everything they state as 100% truth in BlizzCon. Details like valors being awarded through questing could change between now and then. I don't think getting rid of challenging raids is their focus here. They might make them more accessible through the Looking For Raid feature, which I believe is their intent.

But even in their Q&A pannel today, they mentioned not only making LFR accessible (but with less rewards), that normal and heroic raids will still be their focus on giving out legendaries and unique mounts. If they nerf the difficulty of normal/heroic to the ground, then I can't see WoW lasting very much longer.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Of course it won't be the death of raiding it's just all the expacs up until now focus on the major bad guys as the theme for the quests and dungeons in preparation for that final fight. Utterly to take away all available resources and alliances that they have made so that they are at their weakest point, and then killed.

I'm worried that people are just going to ignore everything because it doesn't matter and we aren't going to feel as if we are making a difference in the game as with previous questing hubs; just because i felt that me gathering those 7/7 axes would help us in the final confrontation.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Im actually looking forward to the new changes, i wont be embracing the pandarins but the leveling zones seem to be interesting....
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
pvp > pve. stop complaining. r1 pandacleave inc
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
10/21/2011 10:03 PMPosted by Meteoroid
Of course it won't be the death of raiding it's just all the expacs up until now focus on the major bad guys as the theme for the quests and dungeons in preparation for that final fight. Utterly to take away all available resources and alliances that they have made so that they are at their weakest point, and then killed.

Well, the way Blizzard was explaining it and the way I see it, Deathwing is killed, and shortly after we discover the new Pandaria island. The islands full of minerals/etc. and Horde vs. Alliance basically becomes the focus of the expansion. People kept asking for the WAR in warcraft, and here it is. :P

I'm actually pretty excited for it. I'll probably be rolling a monk, but not pandaren race. Not sure if I can really take the race seriously.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Two words.

HEROIC. SCHOLOMANCE.

<33333333

Edit: They had mentioned that this is the "calm before the storm" so I'm thinking they're going to release some sort of big ol' baddie in the middle of the expansion. Who knows.
Edited by Yellek on 10/22/2011 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
God damn pokemon...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
ha yeah I see what you mean, probably going to go orc monk for expertise w/ fist weps and the AP bonus
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
10/22/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Brocar
God damn pokemon...

Yeah I hear you lmao, not totally excited for that either XD
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Yeah I'm not really sure about the pokemon addition. Hopefully it will be fun, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'm so going to duel ppl with my Enchanted Broom
Reply Quote
Honestly if you plan on playing D3 and wow without trying Star wars youd be better off buying the 1yr thing.I highly doubt the Expac will be for PVP if it is it will fall flat on its face, the majority of people do pvp to pass time.

There will be some dungeons remade im sure, there has been talk of 5 man AQ for a long time, but I know Dec 20th WoW will prob be a ghost town for at least a month maybe more........
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I think someone in this thread got paid to advertise a Star Wars MMO.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Pretty sure SWTOR will have a very minimal effect on WoW. They're 2 different niches. Fantasy vs Sci-fi. I'm personally not even remotely interested in SWTOR. Can't wait for it to come out so I can stop reading about it on these forums all the time. If the players leave and enjoy that game, good for them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]