What happend to Moonrunner seriously

85 Draenei Shaman
Hiya everybody!

12/07/2011 04:12 PMPosted by Einnar
"HEROISM BRO!!" God I got so sick of seeing that...but I say it in /1 now that I'm horde. The replies are funnerz.

Short (long) history of the Heroism macro... ("Cool story, BRO!")

Sometime in 2007 Semmemon had a ridiculous Heroism macro he'd written, spamming just IA in Sunwell, about 10 channels of spam.

A little later I started making stupid macros (useful for trolling: Every member of IA with "4 8 15 16 23 42", SR Sunwell trash pugs with Poker macro, every DK on Moonrunner during a dull raid).

Early 2008, Ulduar time, with Fireshadow's cooperation (which is why he's the hated one), invented a new IA Heroism macro. Most of Ulduar only saw 1-2 channels. Vortex and I got something like 16 lines of spam each. The macro only works when Heroism is off cooldown (so spamming the button won't do anything, the macro was actually supposed to limit spam...).

About a week later, Defiant retaliated and exploded Ulduar general binding just about every ability to a macro (IA was fighting XT at the time, idk why I recall this). IA responded by taking their best players, as I recall it.

Mid 2008, added the all important "Bro" (first day of Tier 9?). I'm pretty sure this was to incite Equitar.. Equitas.

2012, saw this thread, found I don't have a copy of the original, but Teht does, sort've...

/run S=SendChatMessage C=GetSpellCooldown H="Heroism" a=C(H) d=H..", Bro!"
/cast Heroism
/run b=C(H) if a==b then else for i=1,9 do S(d,"CHANNEL",nil,i) end t={"RAID_WARNING","EMOTE","SAY","YELL","PARTY","RAID","GUILD"} for j=1,7 do S(d,t[j]) end end

Awful coding, but it works. Pretty easy to change for Time Warp, Bloodlust or, say, Riptide (use: trolling masses of lore to an IA fun-run one word, per Riptide, at a time).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
/run S=SendChatMessage C=GetSpellCooldown H="Heroism" a=C(H) d=H..", Bro!"
/cast Heroism
/run b=C(H) if a==b then else for i=1,9 do S(d,"CHANNEL",nil,i) end t={"RAID_WARNING","EMOTE","SAY","YELL","PARTY","RAID","GUILD"} for j=1,7 do S(d,t[j]) end end

RIP Dragon Soul general chat
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
beep boop wish some more oldies would post
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
Deca whoo o!!!!!! hey hey seems only hand full of us are left most left for better servers most quit ... sad
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Used to play on this server back in the original (first incarnation) of silent resurgence and temerity, such a loooong time ago.

good times tho, owning fat camp in bgs
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Hiya everybody!

Short (long) history of the Heroism macro... ("Cool story, BRO!")

Sometime in 2007 Semmemon had a ridiculous Heroism macro he'd written, spamming just IA in Sunwell, about 10 channels of spam....

I loved all the rediculous macros we had. I wish I still had my goatse one.
Edited by Thellas on 4/27/2012 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
/poopsock
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/27/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Thellas
I loved all the rediculous macros we had. I wish I still had my goatse one.

That crushed framerates, it was glorious.

I miss the /1 trolling macros I used for recruiting purposes during Ulduar. "Our hunters are terrible", "Knock knock knock on good?" and whatnot.

Totally different topic, umpteen months ago I ran into Minotaurz during a random ZA, totally brought back some memories of pre-X-realm PvP. Two MR rank 14 warriors crossing paths again (err, except I was a horde druid, and neither of us still on MR, whatever).
Reply Quote
22 Undead Rogue
I made an alt here during classic. Was thinking of playing around here but based on the Horde AH I'm not sure if there is even a Horde community.

I came to the forums to find out and interesting to see a thread wondering what happened here.

Sad stuff.
Reply Quote
88 Human Rogue
Nostalgia gets the best of us, huh?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I know when CATA was about to come out guilds broke up and the game became ez.

But seriously why did Moonrunner go from a once semi thriving server to like a MEH huh server?

Where did all the legends go?

Droz, Lowpass, Chomp, HacknSlash, Oh snap, Reverence, SR, etc?

This was once a semi epic server.... with the ATEAM pvp team vs fat camp.

PVE was actually competitive!

What happend seriously?

I miss Puzzle-runs on Thunderbluff to kill Bloodhoof, and pugging World Dragons while having auto-attack fights with Glenno.

Also, decline of the server happened when I had to cut my fro (R.I.P. facesofwow.com)

Do be honest i think glenno quit along with everyone else i was suprised to see lisathelur post on my slide show of old pics of the custom groups we ran ( btw im decadance person flag carrier of andrewv a team and healer of season 1 )
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Glenno played for a bit this expansion and quit.. However, I do think I saw his mug on Diablo. I'll need to double check my Real Id.
Reply Quote
7 Worgen Warrior
Nice to see some old faces and some lame ones as well..lol
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'm old but I'm not "big" like some of the other names on this server.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
<---Shortyb From "We Do It Live"
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
<---Shortyb From "We Do It Live"

Nice, I think i recognize shortyb .
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I don't know, I miss that Tusande guy he was cool.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Atleast we're not Ravencrest.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/14/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Cpz
Atleast we're not Ravencrest.
Reply Quote
80 Human Mage
OhSnap killed KT, then promptly spiraled... That's what happened.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]