Warlock 5.0

90 Human Warlock
Is Archimonde's Vengence going to be a curse curse that druids,shaman,mages can easily dispel like bane of agony or any current curses? Reason why I am wondering is because if it is there should be no cooldown on it..... 1 min CD on a spell that can easily be dispelled is not worth being a level 90 talent

EDIT: Curse an enemy, inflicting 25% of all damage you take to also harm them. Lasts 15 sec (1 min CD, instant)

Thats what it does for those of you that dont know.
Edited by Arast on 10/28/2011 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm holding out hope that a fairly serious revamp of dispell mechanics in general is in store for 5.0
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/28/2011 11:31 AMPosted by Thanatosia
I'm holding out hope that a fairly serious revamp of dispell mechanics in general is in store for 5.0

Don't hold your breath. Every time the dispel system is "revamped" it usually either:

A) Has no effect at all.
or
B) Makes dispels even more powerful.

I mean, it's possible that they'll nerf dispel, but I doubt it very much. We know that another healing spec is being added to the game, and with how popular Monks will likely be at the start of MoP, there's a high likelihood of there being a huge heap of dispel capable people running around at 90.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
/cast Remove Corruption

What was that? It was gone before I could even see the icon.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/28/2011 01:41 PMPosted by Maleficia

Don't hold your breath. Every time the dispel system is "revamped" it usually either:

A) Has no effect at all.
or
B) Makes dispels even more powerful.

I mean, it's possible that they'll nerf dispel, but I doubt it very much. We know that another healing spec is being added to the game, and with how popular Monks will likely be at the start of MoP, there's a high likelihood of there being a huge heap of dispel capable people running around at 90.

They need to move to a Counter based dispel system for DoTs like in other MMOs. The only problem is Counter systems don't work well for "All-or-Nothing" buffs/debuffs.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
What you don't want the option that gives you shadowbolts with a 6 second cast time?
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
yes it will be dispellable. lets not all forget that you lose curse of elements which is an 8% magic damage buff, unless you play with boomkin/unholy/ or whatever rogue spec has the poison.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
it would be nice if our demons had some aura that prevents dispelling any of our stuffs within X yrds of the demon
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Bump for a blue response possibly? 1 min CD level 90 spell shouldnt be dispellable.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/03/2011 11:58 PMPosted by Arast
Bump for a blue response possibly? 1 min CD level 90 spell shouldnt be dispellable.

They've had no qualms about making 3/5 minute cooldowns, final-tier talents and abilities that fit both categories easily dispellable. I don't see why they'd make an exception here. They allow dispel to completely cripple specs/classes for seasons/years. Don't expect them to act any differently for a Warlock curse of all things.

You'll probably end up wanting to save it for a moment where, if present, an enemy healer is too busy healing to dispel or when there are enough debuffs present that attempting to specifically go for AV would be impractical.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
my 2 min cd dot is dispellable I don't see why your 1 min cd dot should stick.
Edited by Sorinmarkoff on 11/4/2011 12:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/04/2011 12:14 AMPosted by Sorinmarkoff

AV isn't a DoT.

But yeah, it's almost certainly going to be dispellable, regardless of what its cooldown ends up being.
Edited by Maleficia on 11/4/2011 1:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Dispels need to be toned down, then we can get some real balance in the game. Then seperate PvE and PvP functions.
Reply Quote
I think dispels are going to be nerfed, so I wouldnt worry about it
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Priest
Dispels need a cooldown or a harsh DR. Seriously, sometimes I wish that UA would take some healer's health to half or more for being annoyed with how they can spam dispel it and still not dent their life bar. Or just you know, burst heal it to full. BS. Healers and dispel are running out of control this expansion. At least in WOTLK, burst and MS was too OP enough to put healers in their place, right now, it's pathetic.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/04/2011 02:04 AMPosted by Amiracle
I think dispels are going to be nerfed, so I wouldnt worry about it

I think dispels should have been nerfed a long time ago, but they never get serious nerfs. A real reduction in dispel's power would be an unprecedented change. It could happen, but I would say that expecting it to happen is unrealistic. The only thing we know about dispel in MoP is that there will be yet another class with dispel added to the game.

I mean, Cataclysm was supposed to tone down dispels, but it didn't at all. They're worse than ever. They're so bad that a caster team requires an Affliction lock, since they have the only good dispel protection. I suppose that's good for Affliction, since if not for UA it would have virtually no niche at all, but it still highlights just how ridiculous dispel is.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/04/2011 01:30 AMPosted by Maleficia

AV isn't a DoT.

It's called Combustion. It's also called "That character is a Mage."
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/04/2011 11:19 AMPosted by Minotaurum
It's called Combustion. It's also called "That character is a Mage."

*clears throat*

my 2 min cd dot[Combustion] is dispellable I don't see why your 1 min cd dot[AV] should stick.

your 1 min cd dot should stick.

YOUR 1 min cd dot

Yeah. Read the whole thing, dear.
Edited by Maleficia on 11/4/2011 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]