More Old World Mats in New Patterns?

90 Human Rogue
We had a discussion the other day and thought that instead of needing 25 bars of the newest ore and some hard to get item like a chaos orb, that we should see more mats from preivous levels incorporated into some of the newer patterns as we level up.

We used to see alot of high end items needing a large variety of mats, including gems and the like when vanilla was around.

- Given the intricate creation of epic items crafters can make with their professions once they get to max level, would it make more sense to put require a smaller quantity of mats, but a larger variety, including older mats as well?

- Would it boost the availability of lower end items if we needed to incorporate lower ores, like gold, truesilver, and even mithril, into a creation...say, for sake of detail and ornate appearance on an crafted epic pattern?

- Would it help level out the economy and fight some inflation if more people were collecting lower level materials?

We just wanted to get your opinions on the matter. We'll be reading some of the results on our Darkmoon Podcast later on in the week.
Edited by Arlucia on 10/30/2011 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I suppose so !!! Seems like a very good idea. I agree with the adding old world mats for the color the epic and etc.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
Honestly it sounds like a bit of an annoyance to have to store or go out and farm old stuff when you're making things. Yes, I still remember my old mining routes, but I'd rather be in zones that are level appropriate.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/30/2011 01:55 PMPosted by Crepe
Honestly it sounds like a bit of an annoyance to have to store or go out and farm old stuff when you're making things. Yes, I still remember my old mining routes, but I'd rather be in zones that are level appropriate.

I agree in a way but in Vanilla we were farming all over Azeroth and level appropriate is misleading. If your 85 and in full T12 and your farming Obsidium in Hyjal you may as well be in Outland farming Fel Iron since the mobs hold zero threat.
Reply Quote
Great idea! I was just trying to figure out how to get more old world mats on the auction house. I use them (and sell) with my low level alts. Its how I play the game, I enjoy vanilla game play better.
Using low level mats for high level patterns would, in turn, help get more old world mats up on the auction house for others trying to level alts. It would add another level of depth to the game so easily.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]