Update character models: Who would be sad?

90 Undead Death Knight
blood elf 1h melee animations are really bad...
85 Human Warrior
why would'nt they just make new ones and keep the old ones at the same times? blizzard lazynest?
100 Draenei Death Knight
10/23/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Yakuchin
It's happening, there's no way the old races can do any kung-fu moves, and they all get to be monks next x-pac. So be ready, it's comming!!!!!!!

You maybe on to something here, you have a good point.
It's not like they said they were not going to do something, then do it, ie. (flying in Azeroth, remember that?)
10/23/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Yakuchin
It's happening, there's no way the old races can do any kung-fu moves, and they all get to be monks next x-pac. So be ready, it's comming!!!!!!!

Interesting theory, and they mentioned the pandaren having far more animation bones than the old races, too...

Hrm, I can only hope you're right.
100 Gnome Warrior
10/23/2011 12:03 PMPosted by Ryuelli
I'm fine with it. I think Dwarves already look pretty cool, but I definitely wouldn't mind a more polygons.
From a modeling perspective, the higher polygon count would definitely help. The textures would have to be improved, though. Low res textures on a high poly model look awkward.

Give people the option to choose old or new models.

WOW PROBLEM SOLVED! DERP
This assumes that both models would be radically different. That's a whole other topic altogether.
85 Undead Warrior
I'm tired of seeing my spine sticking through my cloak for some ungodly reason, and all my epic armor looking like I just crawled out of Deathknell. >..>

It wont ever change, though.
I seriously hope they do update the vanilla models. I really can't bring myself to play any races from vanilla anymore, they just look like crap. D8 So blocky and low-res.
85 Human Mage
10/22/2011 03:50 PMPosted by Ranaulf
Does this include the 'new' races? Most specifically, redoing female worgen?

Not only this, but also Humans and Orcs specifically need major revamps.

Humans look like the Southpark equivalent of candians; flapping open jaws with now teeth.
90 Troll Warrior
I want to be a troll, that doesnt look like a freakin twig, i want to be a forest troll
85 Night Elf Hunter
Thank you Zarhym ^.^ I'm all for a updated model,
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/22/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Jonos
It's like being attached to old socks. It's nostalgia and fond memories. Yet you don't need to keep those old socks to retain those feelings and memories. Once you get rid of the socks and put on new ones you realize what you were missing. The new socks in no way shape or form take away from the old socks.

Old socks are gross...just like old character models! Fix please!
Edited by Barbie on 10/23/2011 2:23 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
I wouldnt be upset! Have you SEEN the size of my manhands?! Make me look like Ysera!
87 Orc Warrior
Updates to the old race models should be done ASAP. It should be at the top of Blizz's "to do" list. Now that I've seen Thralls new model, I can only imagine how awesome the new models would look like.
90 Human Rogue
I cant wait for new models, I just hope my pretty face doesn't change too much. :)
100 Blood Elf Mage
1.- watch the Pandaren monk gameplay video.
2.- Imagine a Tauren or undead doing those moves
3.- realize that Blizzard has to redo all skeletons for vanilla races or this ain't gonna work at all
4.- be happy for new models!! <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRQhsQBdRJA

90 Night Elf Druid
!@#$ a full update of characters, just do SOMETHING about human girl's thighs. My gosh.
85 Draenei Death Knight
I'm fairly certain humans could use an update. Also, BEs look downright wussy compared to their tree-hugging, NE counterparts.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/23/2011 02:32 PMPosted by Wulric
Updates to the old race models should be done ASAP. It should be at the top of Blizz's "to do" list. Now that I've seen Thralls new model, I can only imagine how awesome the new models would look like.

This is what I am saying, we are the playerbase we make the game world come alive, we are the ones you should be more concerned about how we look. Not some npc people see off and on, but the players that look at each other on a constant basis. Without us there is no wow, and looking like a blob pixelated mess is not going to keep going over well, esp when you have shown us what the world of warcraft can look like.

All the wonderful models you put in for npcs that have no feelings or care about what they look like, and you constantly deny the playerbase..that actually cares that they look bad ..the same treatment as you give the npcs.

No more excuses, there are no excuses for the 8 year long old model types that should have been updated in TBC cata at the latest. Dont let this issue die folks, blizz makes a wonderful game, but the player characters need to come up to par with the rest of the environment.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]