Update character models: Who would be sad?

85 Draenei Hunter
I would be overjoyed if my female night elf no longer looked a gangly olympiic athlete.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I want my Undead Warlock to look as cool as my Goblin Rogue, please Blizzard!
Also, I wouldn't mind seeing my female Human alts to not have such big thighs....
90 Night Elf Druid
10/23/2011 02:39 PMPosted by Wurtane
I'm fairly certain humans could use an update. Also, BEs look downright wussy compared to their tree-hugging, NE counterparts.

all the old models even the BC ones look dated
100 Tauren Druid
I suggest you add new models (preferably with the varying body types many players have requested) and allow them to exist alongside the original models.

Add an in game 'spa' or something similar to the barbershop where players can go to swap models in game.

The players who want the new models will have easy access to them, and those who feel attached to their existing models can continue using them. Everyone wins.
90 Night Elf Druid
I suggest you add new models (preferably with the varying body types many players have requested) and allow them to exist alongside the original models.

Add an in game 'spa' or something similar to the barbershop where players can go to swap models in game.

The players who want the new models will have easy access to them, and those who feel attached to their existing models can continue using them. Everyone wins.

I think thats pushing it. What has been suggested and what they should be doing, is ...are you listening here Blizzard?? They should once a week post a new model say this week we are previewing the male human model, show the new next to the old and let people see. And they can do that every week for every gender and race, it gives them a ton of time to refine things.
Edited by Maê on 10/23/2011 2:52 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
I wouldn't mind.

Please... begging you blizz
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Zen
Character model updates? Yes please.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/23/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Kevyne
The big concern over the change is losing our identities (especially with our mains). Play a toon for all these years, players get attached to how they look and the image their toon portrays. Updating the character models may change how the player looks by an extreme amount.

I played since 2005 I have most of my original male human undead female female tauren male orc toons still, trust me when I say I am not attached to those horribly pixilated toon looks.

I am sure if people like you want to look like a harelip caveman still they can make an option to pass on the remodel. Why would you want to look like a blob with little resolution and definition?

I am not talking making things pretty as in barbie looking, I am talking rugged looking males that actually have definition, they dont look like they are made of squares.
People are already upset by new expansion so this probably wouldn't hurt much. I'm all for it.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why not make it an option for these changes, like you can with your graphics. Switch between old and new or would that be too complicated for other reasons?
100 Tauren Druid
10/23/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Maê
They should once a week post a new model say this week we are previewing the male human model

Which does nothing to alter the fact that there are millions of players in this game, and you can't possibly please every single one of them. Some people will love the new models, some people will hate them, some people will miss their old models and feel like its no longer "their character".

There's only two real solutions to that, either do nothing and leave it as it is, or give us the option to choose.

Explain to me how being able to choose a new model, while I might choose to retain my old model, will negatively affect your gameplay. We both get what we want in this scenario, instead of just one of us. How is this a bad thing?
I want muscles in my upper arms, and a stronger midsection. I've been pullling a bow and swinging a sword for years now, and I still look as though I'll break if I trip over a rock.
85 Blood Elf Priest
10/23/2011 02:58 PMPosted by Maê
barbie looking

hi
90 Human Warrior
look at me blizz for pitys sake im a lump please fix. Get out the etch a sketch it would be an improvement lol
100 Dwarf Death Knight
If anything, the outdated character models are breaking game-play, not the other way around. That is not the only thing either, i look at the sky and i can see the pixels where as i look at the ground and i see a much better texture. My dwarf looks out of place next to the models of the new characters you add to game, playable or not. Even the weather system is so outdated, since when was the last time you really felt like world of Warcraft had any weather?
18 Worgen Mage
10/23/2011 03:29 PMPosted by Sorrowcore
since when was the last time you really felt like world of Warcraft had any weather?

this one time in AB i was actually running in RAIN! it was so beautiful... but it smelled like wet dog..
>.>
<.<
85 Orc Death Knight
just make it so we have the option to choose the old models or the new ones. that way everyone is happy.
85 Troll Druid
I would only be sad if they updated the druid aquatic form, because in its current state it cracks me up and I love it.

But I would love to see updates on pretty much any of the pre-BC races.
73 Blood Elf Hunter
Yes! New models, please blizz(:
Edited by Zariannda on 10/23/2011 3:39 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]