Update character models: Who would be sad?

84 Worgen Death Knight
seriusly that was their answer??? ohh please... only troll idiots will complain just like every year..

comon blizzard are you seriusly paying attention to does troll idiots??

hear you're ppl well blizz , you're ppl don't give a rat's 4$$ if you change the old character model to new ones..

only idiots will complain about a good change like that just like the idiots that complain about BC and then when WotLK came oout they just said " i miss BC /sadface"

and the same idiots that complain about Cata (they where the same that complain about WotLK) Said "i Miss WofLK it was more fun cus it was easy /sad face :( "

and now they are complaining about pandas and i bet does damn idiots will play the damn pandas just to say "I miss Cata it was more challenging /SAD FREAKING FACE AGAIN >.<"

just stop listening to does trolls idiots already ... gesh!!
85 Draenei Priest
10/22/2011 02:33 PMPosted by Killercaitie
I definitely wouldn't. That seems just like an excuse to not update them.

It is just an excuse.

They know the models are outdated. They have been outdated for a long time.

Yet they make the scenery, our gear, & NPCs look good...

We're just left to look like N64 characters in a PS3 kinda world.

I keep my graphics on low settings just so I don't get enraged seeing the "amazing" water compared to my Ocrarina of Time toon!

This.
I have no problem with some of the newer races, but the old models definitely need an overhaul. Humans and night elves, definitely. I'm tired of going on my nelf druid to heal and wincing in pain as she lifts her big man-hands above her head. And I don't normally play human female casters because...they just look terrible in robes. Like they were grafted into the outfit rather than wearing it.

No offense to anyone who likes these, however. It's just not my thing.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
There are multiple threads on this. They seem to be popping up more often.

Blizz, updated character models would be great.

You seriously think people are that attached to the vanilla models? Most males lack wrists, humans have brown spots on their noses, night elves are hideous, female trolls can't blink...

Please reconsider this Blizzard.
90 Draenei Paladin
Human males are bad enough, but I also play night elven men. One does not know true horror until they play a night elf fellow...
62 Dwarf Warrior
New models would be great, but not at the expense of other content.
76 Troll Shaman
Ok Kat Hunter on the Blizzcon live stream just asked about the Character models being updated in 5.0 MoP. The answer was it would upset players attached to their character they have played for years and be disruptive to the game.

Q: So I'm asking those that would be upset to respond. How many of you would be upset to have a new updated player model?

I'm so sick of companies thinking they know more of what we want than we do. Attached to their character? Seriously? Are these people on crack?
86 Gnome Rogue
The answer was it would upset players attached to their character they have played for years and be disruptive to the game.

WHAT?

How can Blizzard be so oblivious to one of the most commonly recommended features on the forums? I'm pretty sure Orc characters aren't attached to their backs looking like they're broken. Last I checked Dwarf characters weren't attached to their pupils looking like squares.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Do NOT touch Human Males. They're perfect.
85 Human Death Knight
10/22/2011 02:58 PMPosted by Wulfi

LIES
90 Draenei Paladin

Are you kidding? *Looks in a mirror, looks at the player model.* NOPE!
90 Draenei Paladin
How can Blizzard be so oblivious to one of the most commonly recommended features on the forums? I'm pretty sure Orc characters aren't attached to their backs looking like they're broken. Last I checked Dwarf characters weren't attached to their pupils looking like squares.

I think Blizzard's the one that's attached to the old player models here, rather than us. I mean, seriously, I would love an update. Worgen and Golbins are fine, since they just came out, basically, but updating the older models would be fantastic.
85 Human Paladin

While I approve, I do think we need some touch ups.
37 Night Elf Mage
10/22/2011 02:26 PMPosted by Kaiju
At the beginning of Cata, some tiny minor feature on Trolls was changed- cue freakout by troll players to change it back.

What was it? Honestly curious.

On-topic: We desperately need an update. I'm disheartened that they're not considering it.
85 Human Paladin
10/22/2011 02:59 PMPosted by Mavliekdk

LIES

10/22/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Auramis

Are you kidding? *Looks in a mirror, looks at the player model.* NOPE!

There's a reason I picked this guy to be my Paladin instead of a Dwarf, Draenei, Tauren, or Blood elf.
20 Worgen Druid
Yes. Update char models

The guy who said that people would be upset about it. He's obviously corrupted by the Old Gods.
90 Worgen Death Knight
People will complain, then a week later they'll be used to the updated model and will shut up about it except for those that just like to complain.

There's no good excuse to not update the original races.
85 Human Death Knight
I would be upset.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]