Update character models: Who would be sad?

43 Dwarf Warrior
10/22/2011 03:07 PMPosted by Auramis
I think Blizzard's the one that's attached to the old player models here, rather than us

No.

I think they're attached to lame (verb) excuses to avoid spending money and time on updating vanilla models.

Carrot on a stick. "Well we want to but..."

I'm done hoping. Keep hammering the nails Blizz. It will make things easier.
90 Draenei Paladin
10/22/2011 03:11 PMPosted by Maximillien
The guy who said that people would be upset about it. He's obviously corrupted by the Old Gods.
12 Undead Rogue
10/22/2011 03:14 PMPosted by Hexxüs
I would be upset.

They probably will allow that option to use the old models if they ever do get around to updating. And aren't you curious, even a little bit, to know what your human would like if he actually looked... well, human?
90 Draenei Paladin
10/22/2011 03:15 PMPosted by Kilbeggan
I think they're attached to lame (verb) excuses to avoid spending money and time on updating vanilla models.

Well, I want to have a bit more hope in Blizzard than that... But that's another possibility. I'm sure several orcs wouldn't mind straightening out their backs, though. Blizzard can't ignore us FOREVER. We did get our appearance customization with armor eventually, we might get this if we hammer back as well.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Look at the night elf NPCs in that upcoming dungeon. They look like player Night Elves, except polished to look ten times better. I have hard time believing anyone would be upset with such an update.

Old models look horrible. Seeing updated faction leaders or other NPCs just make me angry. I do not care how Thrall looks like, half as much as I care how my character looks like. To me, my characters are most important characters in the game. I want them to look cool.

4 Dwarf Paladin
If they don't, the Vanilla models will be WORLDS behind the new MoP models. Updates please.
90 Pandaren Hunter
They just said on the Q&A panel that they are in fact working on it, and are figuring out how they want to roll it out. The co founder said no, but the devs said yes they are doing it and its in progress with the art dept.

WOOT!!!
87 Human Warrior
Anything would be better than what I look like now.
100 Blood Elf Mage
They just said they are working on it! I have faith now!
85 Human Paladin
They just said on the Q&A panel that they are in fact working on it, and are figuring out how they want to roll it out. The co founder said no, but the devs said yes they are doing it and its in progress with the art dept.

WOOT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
85 Night Elf Druid
I have been hoping that we would get a update soon. Compared to worgens and goblins we look horrid. I wouldn't be upset, really. It's just a change people would have to get used to once its made.
90 Draenei Paladin

WOOT!!!

They've said similar things before, but the fact they're actually saying it aloud at Blizzcon, rather than some post on the forums, it shows they might actually be serious about this...

It makes me hopeful.
12 Undead Rogue

WOOT!!!

You cannot not believe the happiness I am feeling right now.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]