Topic New GDKP runs.
Edited by Sporke on 10/27/11 5:11 PM (PDT)
Since cavejohnson has server transferred I will be taking over these GDKP runs until next patch.
Now here is a copy pasta of cavejohnsons earlier post.
These GDKP runs will be at 1pm server time on Saturdays.
If you are not familiar with what a "GDKP Run" is then please allow me to explain:
- GDKP stands for "Gold-DKP". It can also be known by similar names such as "Gold runs", "GKP runs", "Cash runs".
- It was a Korean concept brought to WoW. It's already established and extremely common in some regions, only recently introduced on some servers , yet still completely unheard of on others.
- Items which drop in your run are auctioned off in raid chat. The highest bidder receives the item and the gold they pay is added to "The Pot"
- Profession Patterns, BOE's, Crusader Orbs, Disenchanted Shards etc are all auctioned off in this manner as well. Everything that drops.
- "The Pot" keeps growing in value until the end of the run
- "The Pot" is split evenly at the end of the run to all 25 players in the raid present when the final boss dies. Everyone gets an equal share.
- There is no mainspec > offspec priority, its gold which determines who gets what.
Now that we have that out of the way allow me lay down the rules:
1. There is no ilvl requirement to get into this, just be 85 (I will balance the raid with geared and non-geared people to achieve maximum gold/boss killed ratio)
2. You must have at least 10000g to enter this. There is no reason to come if you don't have any money. Unless you are a carry which is a CASE-BY-CASE situation. (This does not mean a BUY-IN, I just want proof you have gold to buy stuff, you keep your gold at the start).
3. There is no buy-in to get an invite, just proof that you have gold as stated above.
4. Minimum bid on non-tier items will start at 1000g and go up in 500g increments. Tier will start off at 5000g and go in 1000g increments.
5. If for some reason you are found to be hindering the raid in a negative way or anything else deemed negative by me or the majority of the raid you will be sat and forfeit your spot, now and in the future, and lose the gold you earned. (This should not concern anyone unless you had the intentions of joining and then ninja pulling a boss or something). It will take alot for you to be removed as I wish to continue this run in a fair manor.
6. Loots rules while stated here will ALWAYS be stated before Boss #1 is pulled so people can quote me to a GM if something goes wrong.
7. MS > OS does not apply. Who has the most money gets w/e they want (There is a rule to this that is close to #5, if you cause loot drama in the public or it becomes MY problem I will have zero tolerance and the offending parties will be removed) Please remember this run is for loot and gold, not your main spec.
8. If you leave the run early you forfeit your gold. No loot and scoot for you :P
9. At the end of the raid the gold in the "POT" will be split even b/w the 25 raid members.
10. All BoE's and Shards will be bid on at the end in some fashion.
11. Firestones are very special, they will have a 5000g min bid and go up in 1000g increments.
12. LEGENDARY STAFF QUEST: If you are eligible to do these quests P1, P2 and P3 of the quest then there will be a bid held at the start of the raid. Bids for all 3 phases start at 5000g and go in 1000g increments.
13. When it comes time to bid, the person who enters the bid in FIRST when I link and item will hold that bid. All other people that bid the same and that are after that need to re-bid if they wish to be counted.
14. Once a bid has been placed your bid is locked in, if you do not pay you are removed ASAP.
15. If you come to the raid and OBVIOUSLY need upgrades (i.e. you are getting carried hard-core) and never bid on anything or duck out after doing a min bid then you will not get invited in the future.
16. It behooves you to learn these fights, if you are a winner you can bet that you will get repeat invites. If you fail and hinder my raid then I will look for other people.
17. Mounts are a special thing. We agreed on the 1st run that the minimum bid is 50,000g with 10,000g increments.
*** Disclaimer *** I reserve the right to put any item on reserve for anyone. If this should happen it will be announced before the raid. This does not include mounts.
Again a big thank you to cavejohnson for this great set of rules.
Edited by Lightbrngr on 10/26/11 10:35 AM (PDT)
Sounds like an attempted GDKP run hijacking?
Huh? If you're doing guild runs during the times that Cavejohnson and Tygrac do them, why would you make a lengthy post here stating that you intended to "take these runs over?"
IN this thread: Bad guild gets butthurt over some guy wanting to do GDKP runs.
LOL is this what storm is reduced to? Bullying a kid on the internet for doing competing runs? My how far Gilneas has come.
Edited by Sporke on 10/26/11 11:10 AM (PDT)
Yeah they are extremely upset for some reason.
Man Half of you are like little kids, its normal Firelands... it's a freaking joke you could have 10 GDKP runs going, why you got to Q.Q because Sporke is starting one too. Anyone can start any run they want and you guys are just flaming Sporke for doing something he wants to do. No one OWNS Gilneas GDKP runs, I did a 10 man one the other day... just saying lay off and unbunch those panties.
the belief that there can only be one 25-man GDKP run is ludicrous.
anyone who feels that they have an inherent right to the creation and formation of such runs need to either a) schedule a psychiatric evaluation; or, b) lie down on the nearest train tracks.
if you should have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at: www.areyoufvckingsrz.com or at (800) YOU-MAD?
Now let's not go trolling. I like to believe we can all be level headed mature adults.