Mists - PVP Info Summary and Breakdown

29 Dwarf Hunter

The majority of what Volun has said

This is by far the best explanation of what I feel the larger portion of the PvP community feels.

Biggest point to take away: It is not the specific imbalance that is bothersome, its the lack of change that makes it feel as if zero effort is being put forth to fix the problems that are still present.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Holy thread necro batman, I wrote this well over a month ago lol. Regarding what Volun said, I understand how he feels and respect his opinion. He put a lot of time and effort into expressing his feelings in a respectful constructive way and I think that is great. I do agree that it is frustrating that there was really no new PVP content during the life cycle of Cata. But I don't think it is all doom and gloom, Mists is on the horizon and we can give them feedback for how they can do better. The game so to speak, isn't lost until we give up, and I am not ready to give up, not by a long shot. I am just a player like everyone else here, but for my part I will do my best to help make good informational resources available to the PVP community and I will advocate for PVP bug fixes and new PVP content in the ways that I can. Constructive feedback is our best weapon as players, lets use it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
While we're rezzing threads... Eldacar, I think my main gripe with the new PvP "content" is that it ultimately isn't content at all. It's just new maps. I would be perfectly happy with the current BGs for the rest of my life if the PvP itself were better. Class imbalances, breaking entire trees for PvP just because that class was getting slightly higher PvE healing/damage, etc. are what are frustrating to most PvPers.

Ultimately, we just want to be able to kill !@#$. The color of the x-polygons surrounding us as we do so is rather insignificant.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Hello.

I don't believe Blizzard has specifically confirmed that they would not offer a Wintergrasp / Tol Barad style zone. Are you sure you're not reading too much into their comments about world PvP?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I love world pvp and battlegrounds but I loath arena, it's the reason I stopped pvping. I'm thrilled that they added rated battlegrounds in Cata.

As to quality of life, I'd love to see defensive abilities usable while mounted. I die on my mount more then I ever did before cata. I've fine with classes being able to slow me down but it shouldn't be impossible just to get to an objective.

Also for the love of all that is holy please add a class check to the random battleground que. I've repeatedly had to fight battles where half the opposing team was the same class. ya know what, class and role checks please.

... although winning EotS while the alliance has three healers and we have none was a ton of fun
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
While we're rezzing threads... Eldacar, I think my main gripe with the new PvP "content" is that it ultimately isn't content at all. It's just new maps. I would be perfectly happy with the current BGs for the rest of my life if the PvP itself were better. Class imbalances, breaking entire trees for PvP just because that class was getting slightly higher PvE healing/damage, etc. are what are frustrating to most PvPers.

Ultimately, we just want to be able to kill !@#$. The color of the x-polygons surrounding us as we do so is rather insignificant.

While I want to see the core game play fixed/improved too, some new maps to go along with it are nice as well =)

Hello.

I don't believe Blizzard has specifically confirmed that they would not offer a Wintergrasp / Tol Barad style zone. Are you sure you're not reading too much into their comments about world PvP?

It's possible I was reading to much into it, I honestly cant remember if Tom Chilton outright said it during the interview or not. Either way we will find out soon enough, just have to be patient.

I love world pvp and battlegrounds but I loath arena, it's the reason I stopped pvping. I'm thrilled that they added rated battlegrounds in Cata.

As to quality of life, I'd love to see defensive abilities usable while mounted. I die on my mount more then I ever did before cata. I've fine with classes being able to slow me down but it shouldn't be impossible just to get to an objective.

Also for the love of all that is holy please add a class check to the random battleground que. I've repeatedly had to fight battles where half the opposing team was the same class. ya know what, class and role checks please.

... although winning EotS while the alliance has three healers and we have none was a ton of fun

I think you may have been intending to post this in the feedback thread which is over here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3967948445

Edited by Eldacar on 1/30/2012 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
8 Undead Mage
10/23/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Eldacar
The two ways they mentioned they were going to encourage this were by pushing players together more while questing, and through the addition of old-school style world raid bosses similar to the original Azergos. As guilds try to down these world bosses players of the opposite faction will naturally show up to gank and wipe them.
This is hilarious because they used to BAN PEOPLE for interfering with world boss raid kills.
Reply Quote
8 Undead Mage
I love murderball, it was my favorite map in Warhammer. For the two weeks i played it that is.
I like to think I had a small part in it showing up here, since I used to (still do) rave about how AWESOME Mourkain Temple is. It's the best PVP this side of Old AV.
Murderball is the dumbest possible game-type in an MMO.

Valley will be the new SotA.
You've never played Mourkain Temple - or hell, even the Troll zone in Warhammer A2.

If you had, I can't possibly see how you think this fits an MMO less than capture the flag. How can you POSSIBLY think capturing a flag fits in WoW? The elves, mad at the orcs for devastating their forest, have decided to STEAL THEIR FLAG. The orcs, envious of the lovely tailoring the elves possess, have decided to halt the destruction of the forest long enough to STEAL THE ELVES' FLAG.

Yes, that's what Warsong is all about - and somehow, you think killing the enemy for control of a powerful relic makes LESS SENSE than STEALING THE ENEMY FLAG!

Nice.

Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
I arrived at this thread via wowinsider, I'll try to answer the bullet points presented from there:

1) What are your biggest PVP-related quality of life issues (things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect gameplay or balance)?
--people being able to cast bloodlust/heroism/timewarp before combat starts.
--vanish works for rogues but invisibility does not work for mages.
--class imbalances at any bracket lower than lvl 85. I understand that balancing for non-max level is not a high priority, but tell that to my lvl 70 warrior twink.

2) What Cataclysm BG changes and additions did you like?
--I like the new countdown timer for the start of the BGs, as well as the little faction symbol that pops up when the battle starts.
--I like the new battlegrounds: Gilneas and Twin Peaks. They are well thought-out. Gilneas is Arathi Basin Lite, while Twin Peaks is Warsong Gulch: Reloaded. I love the addition of rated BGs, it was time to introduce that type of gameplay. And the mount rewards for rated BGs are, for lack of a better word, AWESOME.

3) What Cataclysm Arena changes and additions did you like?
--I'll be honest, I don't Arena very often. I made a 2v2 team and a 3v3 team but haven't done but maybe 10 rounds on either of them this entire expansion. I cannot give you ideas on what I liked about the Cata Arena experience, sorry.

4) What Cataclysm general PVP changes and additions did you like?
--I love that resilience is now a base percentage damage reduction instead of scaling.

5) What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?
--There are no ways to join a rated BG without forming a premade. It is punishing to casual players and smaller guilds. There needs to be an option that says "yes, I am aware that the queue time is longer but I want to be grouped with similar-minded people".
--There are no gear restrictions for BGs. I don't understand this. There is already a system in place for pve random dungeon placement, the same should exist for pvp. Place people in similar gear brackets. Which leads to my next line:
--There is no "entry-level" gear for noobs. The crafted stuff is overpriced and honor farming is much easier to get superior gear with. There could be a lower item level tier for gear that is earned through lower-bracket random BGs. This already exists now with Raid Finder, and it works wonderfully!
--Random BGs are marked with imbalance of classes and/or healers. You can usually tell which team's flag carrier will survive by a quick glance at the team makeup. Do they have healers? Does your team have healers? "ugh, not again.../facepalm"
--Twin Peaks has a flaw in the balance for flag carrying. The path for a flag carrier is almost always the same for horde: you WILL run the flag out of the left door and down the stairs for superior line-of sight advantage path all the way past your graveyard. Alliance side is not as advantageous to go graveyard side, due to having to murk through water for a fairly long time.

6) What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?
--There is no way to enter Arenas without forming a premade. This is restrictive and punishing to casuals and smaller guilds; people without access to the top-end raiding weapons.
--Entering an Arena match and being killed in 4 seconds flat by a team of rogues/feral druids (or name the comp. that gives you the most trouble) keeps many players out and hating pvp.

7) What are your top issues with general PVP in Cataclysm?
--Generally speaking, Legendaries are too powerful in pvp. To the point where I have to second-guess whether I'm wearing my resilience gear or not.
--Bots and honor farmers destroy the fun in pvp. I know that Blizzard is trying to quell the botters, but the honor farmers are equally troublesome. They do not care for playing they only are there to get as much honor as they can as fast as they can. So they will try to lose quickly on purpose, and/or ride your coattails to victory. Having a random rated BG with gear restrictions will cut down on this a lot, because honor farmers want fast. They will try to cram as many loses per hour as they can. They will NOT want to wait in a queue.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Madamoiselle and Lithios you two are posting your feedback in the wrong thread! Here is the thread you should put it in: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3967948445

This thread is just a reference/info thread, although you can of course discuss MoP here if you like.
Edited by Eldacar on 1/30/2012 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
13 Troll Shaman
You're right! I opened both threads to read and posted in the wrong one. Moving my post, thanks!
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
Madamoiselle and Lithios you two are posting your feedback in the wrong thread! Here is the thread you should put it in: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3967948445

This thread is just a reference/info thread, although you can of course discuss MoP here if you like.

sorry, just followed the lead from wowinsider. I'll repost, thx
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
5) What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?
a. Line of sight issues still need addressed. People channeling/shooting spells through rocks, etc. Warsong Gulch has serious problems in this area.
b. PVE people can do a week's worth of dailies in a day (I think). The same opportunity should be afforded to people who pvp. Also, the gold reward for Call to Arms or daily should be on par with other dailies.
c. You should have the ability to kick someone in a battleground. You can report them afk in a a bg, but if they're in a gy, they can often go the whole match without getting kicked because someone is always rezzing next to them.
d. Make all talents usable in rateds and arena. Some classes can use all their spells and talents, while other classes may not be able to use one or several.
e. There should be at least 2 rez points in WSG.
f. Too many chains stuns/silences/cc. All should be on the same DR. They should all be dispellable. Damage should break stuns and silences as well at the same threshold as fear.
g. Blizzards inaction towards addressing issues when particular classes/specs are extremely overpowering.

6) What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?

D f and g above.

7) What are your top issues with general PVP in Cataclysm?

Too much burst.
Too strong of heals.
Do away with spell pushback entirely or reduce melee damage by X amount for every player beating on them while they attack someone (a glancing blow instead of a square hit).
Rexamine some of the more game breaking talents/skills: necrotic strike, ring of frost, smokebomb.
Act more quickly in response to glaring issues (How long to adjust vengeance on blood dk & lack of attention until next expansion for frost mage).
Fix the chain stuns/silences/cc.
Comps shouldn't be the deciding factor in arena.
Recognize that although pvp cannot be balanced 1v1, it does happen quite often in arena, rated bgs and regular bgs. More effort needs to be placed on not making it as easy for some classes or specs to totally dominate 80% of the other classes.
Edited by Reportmeafk on 1/31/2012 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Hopeful u guys balance PVP alot better this time round, think rogues and mages have had there fun being OP. And 100k Ret pally offheals, like wtf, that shouldnt happen. I played ret pally/hunter in 2v2s for all 3 seasons, and it was just sooo hard for both of us to die with the massive ret pally instant heals, i think this needs to be nerfed slightly or very sharply. Im sure you guys can come up with something
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
_ Healer should reduce some healing in PvP.
_ Hungering Cold should be instance (It not fair that Fear (Priest) is instance and CD very fast and we also can attack that targets but for Hungering Cold need to cast and we also can't attack on that target) so i think Hungering Cold should be instance like Wrath of the Lichking.
_ Blizz if you can, plz give some skills that can stun the target for DK.
Reply Quote
the return of world pvp, omg, i'm almost crying (srsly) thank god, the return of Vanilla's epic Wpvp... HAHA
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I miss Southshore & STV gankfests. If you wanted action, you knew where to go.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
OP...bro you're green
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]