What are the stat caps for BM Hunter ?

85 Dwarf Hunter
Hey all,

I was wondering what were the stat caps for us Hunters in terms of ranged. Such as Haste, Hit Chance, Crit chance and Mastery ? One would think that Blizzard would have a sticky somewhere with all the caps for all classes somewhere but I can find one lol

Thanks in advance yall :)

Grewe The Wanderer
All Who Wander are not Lost !
Edited by Grewe on 10/26/2011 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
961 Hit, as much Crit as you can stack, as little Haste as you can manage, and whatever Mastery you end up with.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
10/26/2011 05:08 AMPosted by Adarant
as little Haste as you can manage

I thought haste was a priority in PvE. Not as important as agi/crit of course, though. But hell, I don't know anything about PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/26/2011 05:35 AMPosted by Zalzyia
I thought haste was a priority in PvE. Not as important as agi/crit of course, though. But hell, I don't know anything about PvE.

Unless somebody more in tune with BM can come along and update this, the latest musings were that Haste is wortheless to BM Hunters. The reason being is that with Focus Fire and 3/3 Pathing, BM is already under the 1.66 second Cobra Shot plateau. Additionally, the amount of Haste required to reach the 1.33 second plateau is so egregious, that it's not even worth chasing. Neither 1.5 nor 1.4 second plateaus are worthwhile because they are DPS losses compared to the 1.66 second plateau.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Adarant,

Hello there and thanks for responding . Right now my haste is at 12.37 as well as 3/3 pathing and it takes me 1.8 seconds to cast Cobra Shot, does that sound right ?

Thanks in advance good buddy :)

Post Edit > Okay, I just reforged to 12.80 and it still takes me 1.8 seconds to cast Cobra Shot , what gives ! lol :)

Grewe
Edited by Grewe on 10/26/2011 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Human Hunter
Haste is in fact the best secondary stat for BM PvE hunters, after hit cap of course.

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t125483-cataclysm_best_possible_dps_rivkahs_dps_analyzer_femaledwarf_com/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Haste is in fact the best secondary stat for BM PvE hunters, after hit cap of course.

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t125483-cataclysm_best_possible_dps_rivkahs_dps_analyzer_femaledwarf_com/

I've heard FD over values haste... I'm pretty sure Crit is still higher due to BMs talents that proc off crits.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter

Same here,

Agility > 8% Ranged Hit > Crit > Mastery => Haste is the oder I have seen on almost every site I do to ?

Grewe
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
NOM
yeeeh, you im pretty sure you just hit your haste plateau, whatever that may be, then stack crit. But i still think Crit is more valuable to you.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Post Edit > Okay, I just reforged to 12.80 and it still takes me 1.8 seconds to cast Cobra Shot , what gives ! lol :)

You're not counting the full effect of Focus Fire, which will give you another 15% haste.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/26/2011 01:39 PMPosted by Gnorf

You're not counting the full effect of Focus Fire, which will give you another 15% haste.

I was about to add this in. OP, you need to let your pet attack the target dummy too, so that you can generate Focus Fire procs. When you use Focus Fire, you gain 15% Haste, which will bring you below 1.66 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
My haste is at 14.66% and Cobra shot time is 1.74, but it seems like while I wait for more focus people are killing bad things before I get Focus back.
Reply Quote
1) this thread is from 2011. Please don't necro old threads. As you can see, a lot of the info is out of date.

2) Stop gemming for haste, you're gimping your damage. Getting your cobra shot down will not make your life easier. Focus on getting your shot priority down.

3) Use your focus regen tools: Dire Beast and Cobra Shot
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Dude, way to necro a 2 year old threat, this thread was a cata thread, the info is way off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]