My honest reaction to the Pandas

85 Orc Warrior
I enjoyed reading your post, OP. Even removing the context of WoW, I really like seeing people being open minded and testing their own kneejerks. :>
90 Goblin Mage
10/26/2011 05:35 AMPosted by Lakhesís
If I do a google search for "panda video", the first three videos I get are:

Now you have pandas and other bears attacking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SST6ZrUT3lg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wGbCNDw-m0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veyCnf-S2rI
Sha.... I wonder if these are going to be like Rifts? That would actually be pretty cool~
Community Manager
My apologies to Zarhym, but I'm not buying it (his story about the Pandaren, that is, not the expansion).

The Pandaren clearly have their genesis as an Easter egg/joke character. Blizzard may have decided to expand on this for some unfathomable reason, but that doesn't make it a good decision. Along these lines, why don't we have Murkablo appear as a boss in a raid, or Budd Nedreck turn out to be the secret avatar of Sargeras?

Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
85 Worgen Mage
I think MoP is gonna be great I played Mid BC-Now and love the dark story lines of good VS Evil. But get this we are gonna be Creating the Evil from a Lore Stand Verian and Garrosh are now not focused on the same Big Boss allowing for all out PvP and the fact we cant Fly till 90=Alot of questing PVP and this will be the back story for the Sha monsters to most likely pop up in the world its self rather than a Raid wich is verry cool, I do miss world bosses.

Another point of how great the Pandas are I finde them to be verry cool they arent some Cute Race just for Girls or little kids they look rly good lots of time went into the model so dont say its a joke blizz isnt trying any more because TBH this is going to be the best looking xpac sence wow came out.

I enjoy wow and if a Race of Pandas makes you quit I say bye I dont miss players that dont try to enjoy a game that is fun and is trying a new lighter story I think 7 years of doom and gloom was enough we will go back to that in about a year and a half after MoP is over
Edited by Manafestô on 10/26/2011 1:16 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
10/26/2011 12:51 PMPosted by Longduck
I don't know what the OP is smoking. The xpac is Kung Fu Panda. The race is Kung Fu Panda. The class is Kung Fu Panda. The racials are Kung Fu Panda. I hope Blizzard gets sued for this blatent stupidity.

Should they get sued for having gnomes too?

How about humans?

My WWF wrestling games have humans in them! WOW IS A RIP OFF OF WWF NO MERCY!
It seems to me that we've all missed the most important issue of all.

Now that the Brewmasters are going to be in-game, what is the next Brewfest going to look like? It had better change and it had better be some type of awesome.

Until then I reserve my judgement.
100 Tauren Shaman
I don't know what the OP is smoking. The xpac is Kung Fu Panda. The race is Kung Fu Panda. The class is Kung Fu Panda. The racials are Kung Fu Panda. I hope Blizzard gets sued for this blatant stupidity.

Says the pink-haired male gnome. =oP For once, LOL fits.
90 Human Warlock
It seems to me that we've all missed the most important issue of all.

Now that the Brewmasters are going to be in-game, what is the next Brewfest going to look like? It had better change and it had better be some type of awesome.

Until then I reserve my judgement.

Oh... Oh God...

I can see it now... Drinking contests between Dwarves & Pandaren...

THEY WILL NEVER END.

Brewfest will go on for 12 straight years for the first contest alone o_o
90 Goblin Mage
10/26/2011 01:17 PMPosted by Killercaitie

Keg stand races.
100 Tauren Shaman
10/26/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Kittiee
I find the whole panda/eastern/martial arts paradigm a rather two-dimensional reach to absorb a greater target audience. If it's anything like the much-too-hip-hop goblins, it will be offensively shallow, and possibly racist. I'm surprised Blizzard didn't introduce a new profession-- laundry.

There's a joke involving females and kitchens and sandwiches just begging to be made in this statement, somewhere.
90 Goblin Mage
10/26/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Kittiee
I'm surprised Blizzard didn't introduce a new profession-- laundry.

Complaining about racism with a racist stereotype...Just makes your point ridiculous.
90 Goblin Mage
10/26/2011 01:26 PMPosted by Longduck
There is a major difference in having gnomes in game with a unique storyline anf having a blatent rehash of a Disney movie.

Snow White wants her dwarves back...Oh, and hobbits from the shire would like to have a word with you.
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/26/2011 01:25 PMPosted by Movara
I find the whole panda/eastern/martial arts paradigm a rather two-dimensional reach to absorb a greater target audience. If it's anything like the much-too-hip-hop goblins, it will be offensively shallow, and possibly racist. I'm surprised Blizzard didn't introduce a new profession-- laundry.

There's a joke involving females and kitchens and sandwiches just begging to be made in this statement, somewhere.

Nah, he's doing the whole Asian laundry shop worker stereotype thing. Women/kitchen/sammich is just an overused meme.

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]