Apology from Mike Morhaime

Community Manager
Dear members of the Blizzard community,

I have read your feedback and comments about this year’s BlizzCon, and I have also read the feedback to the apology from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain. I’d like to respond to some of your feedback here.

As president of Blizzard, I take full responsibility for everything that occurs at BlizzCon.

It was shortsighted and insensitive to use the video at all, even in censored form. The language used in the original version, including the slurs and use of sexual orientation as an insult, is not acceptable, period. We realize now that having even an edited version at the show was counter to the standards we try to maintain in our forums and in our games. Doing so was an error in judgment, and we regret it.

The bottom line is we deeply apologize for our mistakes and for hurting or offending anyone. We want you to have fun at our events, and we want everyone to feel welcome. We’re proud to be part of a huge and diverse community, and I am proud that so many aspects of the community are represented within Blizzard itself.

As a leader of Blizzard, and a member of the band, I truly hope you will accept my humblest apology.

– Mike Morhaime
President, Blizzard Entertainment
90 Worgen Death Knight
Glad to see an official apology. Now maybe the forums can stop being flooded by new threads about it every 2 seconds >_>
90 Dwarf Warrior
Forgiven.

It was a bit of a silly issue to begin with, but it's nice to see an official apology concerning it.

Thank you.
55 Dwarf Death Knight
/salute!
85 Draenei Shaman
This is much better.
85 Worgen Warlock
You didn't have to say sorry, just give the forums a cookie. Anyway hopefully the many many topics will cease to exist.
90 Night Elf Hunter
That was sweet of him to apologies, though I'm not sure what all the fuss was over. D:
85 Human Paladin
Thank you. Now we can move on.
35 Goblin Hunter
What happen?
85 Night Elf Rogue
There we go. That satisfies me.
13 Human Warrior
/salute

Credit where credit is due.

Side note: Anyone else reminded of Eve right now?
10 Human Warlock
I hope this matter can now be put to rest. Very nice.

85 Worgen Hunter
Thanks Bash, this is all I really wanted. I hope now people will drop it.
90 Draenei Shaman
That is a true apology. Accepted personally (cannot speak for Ally).

Thank you
-Foo

90 Night Elf Druid
Better late than never. Accepted.

Now just give us fair market value for Theramore or... if I dare say... maybe, just once, an ALLIANCE OVERREACTION (here's looking at you Lordaeron)... and we're cool.
Edited by Vaedrin on 10/27/2011 7:28 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Thank you.

Please be true to your word and not allow such bad behaivor to be tolerated from employees to customers. No matter the faction.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Thank you sir. Apology accepted.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]