Apology from Mike Morhaime

83 Blood Elf Rogue
Am i missing something here? Im not trolling or anything, but what happened? What was said to insult anyone at the blizzconn event?

It was just that alliance stuff was it?
85 Draenei Death Knight
Am i missing something here? Im not trolling or anything, but what happened? What was said to insult anyone at the blizzconn event?

It was just that alliance stuff was it?

no it wasnt
83 Blood Elf Rogue
What part of blizzconn should I watch to find out? lol
90 Night Elf Druid
10/28/2011 04:04 AMPosted by Brianabanks

You could try, you know, reading the apology to figure it out.
85 Worgen Druid
10/28/2011 04:04 AMPosted by Brianabanks

It was part of the band ceremony iirc. It was childish and in extremely poor taste.

I'm glad someone at Blizzard stepped up and did the right thing. It means a lot to know that someone understood the issue and could empathize with the player base.

Apology accepted.

Now we can all be friends again.
88 Human Paladin
Not enough. I call for compensation because my feelings were really hurt.

Send 4kJP and 4kHP kthnxbai.

Bonus pts if you also send me 4kCP and 4kVP
70 Undead Hunter
Mr Morhaime, I really appreciate you taking ownership of the issue, and showing an understanding of what the issue actually is. I, for one, accept your apology.
100 Orc Warrior
This was what needed to be said, by the person who needed to say it. Apology accepted.
100 Night Elf Druid
Dear Mike Morhaime, Blizzard, and L90ETC,

Thank you for your apologies. As far as this night elf is concerned, the matter is closed. Speaking for myself, I appreciate your awareness of the community, and salute your coming forth with a statement.

Although losing me as a customer was never a potential issue over this event, it has nonetheless restored my faith in Blizzard's management.

I look forward to many more years of a rewarding relationship with your company, and I hope to continue to enjoy L90ETC's songs as well!

Sincerely,

Linias (Kargath), Merdas (Kargath), (too many more to list).

83 Blood Elf Rogue
I duno maybe where Im from we dont find that stuff offensive at all?

Just saw the video, and I saw it before as well when watching blizzconn, Dont really think its that bad, sure he was swearing, but who cares. Lots of people in the US i guess
85 Night Elf Druid
Thank you for this apology. Its seems honestly heart felt while the previous one did nothing but upset me.

I was not going to renew my subscriptions as I was extremely uncomfortable with the notion that my daughter would see or be subject to the views expressed in that video. I can only hope that you consider all of your customers in the future and keep blizzcon a family safe environment.
Edited by Wènch on 10/28/2011 5:03 AM PDT
88 Human Paladin
I'm smiling so wide that the top of my head is about to fall on the floor when I read this thread.

" one of the most sincere apologies made by a 'corporation.'"
"Adding another sincere 'thank you' here"
"Thank you very much for taking the time to make an official apology."
"seems honestly heart felt "

Read all these things while hearing Georges' uncensored video on youtube "**** you *** Alliance emo ***suckers" on another tab, it's golden.

PS: The original video itself is years old. I confess I spat my coffee on my monitor when I watched it in 2007 because of how hilarious it is. But it was certainly a really poor move from Blizzard to show this at Blizzcon.

PPS: I'm sure Blizz showed it figuring it's a classic just like the Onyxia wipe and Leeroy Jenkins on youtube and didn't actually expect Alliance players to take offense from this. I can't understand why they came to the conclusion that it was a good idea, it's like they never read their own forums.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Thank you. <3
85 Worgen Warrior
I thank you for taking your time to apologize.
I appreciate that you did not take the path many of the forum players took, pretending that this type of name calling was acceptable -- though, friendly/teasing competition is acceptable, what transpired and occurred was unacceptable even in the spirit of competition; yelling "FOR THE HORDE" or calling alliance "wussies" is levels away from "the alliance are %$#@sucking !@#$%^s"
Onward to creating games.
Edited by Hopson on 10/28/2011 5:27 AM PDT
85 Undead Warlock

It was shortsighted and insensitive to use the video at all, even in censored form. The language used in the original version, including the slurs and use of sexual orientation as an insult, is not acceptable, period.

As a leader of Blizzard, and a member of the band, I truly hope you will accept my humblest apology.

– Mike Morhaime
President, Blizzard Entertainment

This was what I needed to see.

My subscription and continued/future purchases of Blizzard products was riding on this.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]