Apology from Mike Morhaime

90 Gnome Warlock
Thank you!
90 Tauren Druid
what's going on here? can someone show me the video?
1 Gnome Warrior
Being an alliance-only member, I was never insulted by what was said. I'm sure many of us (essp on pvp servers) thought the same things. What I was insulted by was that the video was played during a blizzard event-dispite the perpetual horde favoritism accusations. It was unprofessional.

I fully accept your apology.

The issue I have now going forward is what about the alliance members who were assaulted during the event for showing faction pride? Granted I understand you're not responsible for the actions of non-employees; but do you think alliance members would feel safe at future events wearing an alliance shirt?
90 Worgen Hunter
This is the first time I have seen this happen where I actually believed the boss was accepting responsiblity.

THank you.

BTW, I meant to post this yesterday, but got busy...
85 Blood Elf Mage
Saying I was offended might have been stretching it, but I certainly thought it was in poor taste. All it ever needed was a simple statement accompanying the performance that "the views expressed by L90ETC aren't necessarily shared by Blizzard Entertainment" and it would have been fine.

I can't believe all the event organizers looked at that video before the concert and no one said "this might not go over so well"...
85 Human Death Knight
Nice apology, but it did take a week to get it. It's also a shame to see that the horde bias is not addressed - as it was clearly expressed in the other part of the video - and there remains no mention of the possible injuries sustained from those comments within the video, that leaves me to wonder if those issues are as of yet unresolved.

Apology or not, I believe it is unfortunate that anyone thought this was ok in the first place. The apology is one step needed out of many to restore what was lost as a result of the showing of this video.

What happened was extremely serious, with repercussions that may not be realize for some time.

I'm not saying this to troll or upset anyone, I'm saying this as a customer who is trying to remind people that incidents like this have long lasting effects on a company.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Classy. I like it.

Well done, Blizzard! You're real people after all! :P
1 Human Rogue
Dang right!

Yay for Mike Morhaime!

I'm all for conflict between horde and alliance, but that video was very uncalled for. Glad to see Mr. Morhaime admiting it. Thanks Mr. Morhaime.
90 Gnome Warlock
Thank you!
85 Draenei Hunter
All I wanted. Thank you.

Now I can spend my money on more product... great.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
very nice apology. thank you.
85 Draenei Shaman
Thank you.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]