Apology from Mike Morhaime

90 Night Elf Hunter
Well done Mike. I respect that.
5 Orc Warrior
Adding wood to the fire: corpsegrinder himself apologizing for the interview (sort of). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE0IKQbInN8&feature=related - It is fun to see how related WOW is to the death-thrash-doom-viking-power metal scenario. Many players will relate to his passion.
85 Human Warlock
I'm unsure what the issue was to begin with. Someone get a little overzealous on stage about their favorite faction, I take it?

21 Blood Elf Mage
Thank you for showing some dignity and apologizing on behalf of your company and those associated with it. I respect that =)
85 Gnome Warlock
Pretty stand up response to the situation. Good job.
1 Human Rogue
10/28/2011 04:57 PMPosted by Mathaldel
I'm unsure what the issue was to begin with. Someone get a little overzealous on stage about their favorite faction, I take it?

Pretty much... They played a video where a guy claimed alliance were a bunch of emo bleep-suckers who should go kill themselves. And a lot of people weren't comfortable with the language used in the video because, quite frankly, you can't say those comments or use that language in WoW or on the Forums without getting a warning or temp/perma ban. So why (even bleeped out) is it acceptable at BlizzCon? And the fact it was a video and not a live performer makes a lot of people wonder why Blizzard allowed the video to played at all.
Edited by Gossip on 10/28/2011 5:11 PM PDT
90 Goblin Warrior
Thank you for the apology. You guys have earned some respect from me and many others for it.
Finally, someone that understands what an apology is, and doesn't give the whole "I'm sorry if you were offended by what we said", shifting the blame away from where it belongs.

Well played, and well done for the "buck stops here" apology.

/respect
90 Blood Elf Priest
As a gay player of many years, I appreciate the apology.

Implying that I should be playing alliance-side was very offensive.

(The word choice was pretty bad too, but that's secondary.)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]