Monk class color?

85 Draenei Paladin
@ Blizz

Can ya'll keep im mind color blind people when you do colors.
If the shades are to close to one another (in shade and positions) i know for me i can not tell the difference.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Right now the monk is jade green. We like the color, but it's not absolutely set in stone. For those wondering how this would work with the hunter green, it's as different as the colors are for mages and shaman.

Keep it jade green. It's better than purple.

I sure as heck don't want the 12 year old monks running around screaming "I R the epic color! I R the epic color!"

You know they will.

right cause that would be much worse than just having them running around as druids screaming 'I iz the legendary color', which they clearly have been doing nonstop for the last 7 years.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Makes me sad this is the only place we get a response concerning MoP info, but it's nice to have a conclusion to that question.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
@ Blizz

Can ya'll keep im mind color blind people when you do colors.
If the shades are to close to one another (in shade and positions) i know for me i can not tell the difference.

The game has a colorblind mode. Just in case you weren't aware. You can enable it in options under interface.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
<.< YES! I'm not crazy was wondering this question myself. I was thinking a Dark Brown
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I say black or light brown (and make warriors darker brown if there's issues).
Reply Quote
Right now the monk is jade green. We like the color, but it's not absolutely set in stone. For those wondering how this would work with the hunter green, it's as different as the colors are for mages and shaman.

I really can't think of what it would be.

Nice. Any ideas on how the icon will look, yet?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
11/02/2011 08:45 PMPosted by Zarhym
jade green

Shinyyyy. :O

Looking forward to the new class, hoping the healing style is as open to combat-efficiency as Discipline Priests are!
Reply Quote
Aww I was wanting tan.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
-deleted-
Edited by Zepla on 11/4/2011 1:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My best guess based on the difference between mages and shammies:
#3D9E1C: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=%233D9E1C
HSB: 105°, 82%, 62%

(Hunter, for reference: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=%23ABD473
HSB: 85°, 46%, 83%)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Jade green sounds fitting :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Keep it jade green. It's better than purple.

I sure as heck don't want the 12 year old monks running around screaming "I R the epic color! I R the epic color!"

You know they will.

Druids are the Legendary color, so clearly we're the best. Ever.
Reply Quote
11/02/2011 08:45 PMPosted by Zarhym

More importantly, what will Essence of the Red do for them, and what will their class call do in BWL?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
11/02/2011 08:06 PMPosted by Fairadey
Purple.

I think you forgot about warlocks.
Reply Quote
71 Goblin Shaman
11/02/2011 08:47 PMPosted by Casaveer
Green is a calming colour, perfect for monks.

So I shouldn't get enraged when I see a hunter?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
11/02/2011 09:25 PMPosted by Clovyn
Druids are orange..

Oh right, huh. Well that's not a terribly druidic color.

To be fair, pink isn't a very "paladiny" color either.

This thread made me realize how deep of an association I've made between classes and class colors... someone suggested changing them on the first page of the thread and my brain was immediately against that idea. Some of the colors don't really make too much sense (orange, pink, yellow), but we've been using them for so long they just seem "right", heh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

I really can't think of what it would be.

Can we get a hex value on that, maybe?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Well, Rogue's colors are pretty close to legendary color, so there's that...
More like Heirloom than Legendary. :P

Mages must be the color of those skills and talents you link...... I'm not even an item quality /sob
Edited by Ceratisa on 11/3/2011 3:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
29 Human Hunter
Natural black-blue
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]