The Shadowmoon "I remember" thread.

85 Human Hunter
Please no trolling. Just a fun forum.

I remember how excited i was to walk into stv and see big monkeys to tame.
I remember stv being a complete war zone every second of every day.
I remember grabbing any weapon i could for the look factor instead of the stats factor and nobody giving a damn.
I remember afk autoshotting.
I remember pets abandoning you.
I remember killing 1000 mobs for 1 quest item.
I remember needing to read quests to figure out what to do.
I remember going to Winterspring, Southshore or STV to PVP because there was no such thing as battlegrounds.
I remember logging out in AV, and logging back in 10 hours later...in the same AV.
I remember dueling in IF.
I remember the huge hunter deadzone, and the amazing BW.
I remember finishing quests before I leveled enough to continue questing in the same zone, which meant red quests.
I remember farming BG marks.
I remember PVP gear being the best gear in the game, and everyone pvping to get it.

but most of all
I remember players not caring if a hunter had a strength polearm, as long as he would help them out.
I remember when guilds were full of friends, not raid members.
I remember when nobody really cared what spec you were.
I remember having tons of random people on my friends list because they helped me on a quest, or i helped them.
I remember if I ever got camped an army of alliance came to help me, not just laugh at my calling me bad.
I remember when people gave new players information and help, instead of just call them noobs and laugh at them.
I remember when people judged you by your actions, not your gear.
I remember when WoW was a fun casual social video game about killing monsters, not a constant internet flexing contest trying to prove whos better.
I remember....
Edited by Pojjo on 7/15/2014 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I remember ppl whispering all kinds of nice things while I stood next to Gawwd while he ganked them in stv.

I remember Bathinape MC buffing me so I could kill the horde that thought he would help kill me.

I remember Odai camping the summon stone @ terrokar

I remember Kith wiping grps of ppl doing the nagrand group quests and lol'ing @ /1 rage.

I remember Sup Bro storming into IF

I remember Algathor/Deathblow as Alliance

I remember boss looking gear (t6!)

I remember Honor Hold getting steamrolled

I remember 2h enhance shams 1 shotting everyone and mace spec stunlocking everyone.

I remember REAL nerdrage!

I remember awesome server forums

BC was the best time this game ever had.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
10/20/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Griev

completely agree
Reply Quote
I Remember when if you were a newbe no one cared and helped you

I Remember when PvP was going to a zone and not queing for a BG

I Remember when haveing PvP gear in a dungeon was ok and no one raged

I Remember when you could need something for the looks and not get kicked

I Remember asking trade for help and getting help, not trolls

I Remember when there was always a prayer rage forum up.

I Remember getting killed and haveing a bunch of horde run to help.

I Remember when a mob of allys came outside of org the horde came together to kill them. not laugh and say "Your flaged your problem"

I Remember when this game was a game. and not someones life.
Edited by Tainiae on 10/20/2011 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
That's a lot of boars.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
xD
I remember taking the tram to Ironforge as a level 43 hunter, being completely intimidated by all the (what I thought were) decked out lvl 70s (lol Kara gear) who wouldn't give me the time of day, then taking the tram back to Stormwind and spending the rest of BC running in circles around the tree by the AH.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I remember being younger.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I remember DKs tanking in any !@#$ing spec they felt like....... and soulshards T_T
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I remember when the races and their storylines were total, wonderful fantasy and the games lore didn't resemble the nightly news.

I remember feeling like I was entering another reality when I logged on...until some writer ruined it and put in oil fields, burned stormwinds "twin towers", and then added tidal waves, tornados and refugees.

Edited by Meeshi on 10/20/2011 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I remember you. In the mountains
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I remember ppl whispering all kinds of nice things while I stood next to Gawwd while he ganked them in stv.

I remember Bathinape MC buffing me so I could kill the horde that thought he would help kill me.

I remember Odai camping the summon stone @ terrokar

I remember Kith wiping grps of ppl doing the nagrand group quests and lol'ing @ /1 rage.

I remember Sup Bro storming into IF

I remember Algathor/Deathblow as Alliance

I remember boss looking gear (t6!)

I remember Honor Hold getting steamrolled

I remember 2h enhance shams 1 shotting everyone and mace spec stunlocking everyone.

I remember REAL nerdrage!

I remember awesome server forums

I miss Bathinape MCing people and watch people kill them. We would be in vent laughing so hard
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
/bows to that which is eternal
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/20/2011 05:14 PMPosted by Imhotepp
I remember you. In the mountains

This made me laugh.

This thread is full of win. I miss Vanilla/BC :( The majority who play now are just loot !@#$%s looking for a free ride.

I think the thing I miss the most are long battlegrounds, and having to farm relentlessly to get titles and marks. When farming rep actually took lots of time and effort, and getting rare mounts and pets meant something more than having a deep wallet. When I could stand around in tier gear and actually stand apart from everyone else..and before I got the tier gear, when I would stand around in awe and wonderment of all those pve heroes.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
I remember when Dara Mactire wasn't full of scrubs. Just kidding, the paid rank one players balance the ratio now. :P
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I remember when Horob ninja'd Azuregos

btw bloodsworn still cascades
Edited by Shatballs on 10/21/2011 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]